“Nightmare in Hershey”

Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have stayed in numerous Hampton Inns over the years, and this was by far the biggest disappointment. Room smelled musty, was dimly lit, and was outdated. Staff were rude and unresponsive to simple requests. Breakfast was fair with not a lot of variety. One of our biggest complaints was failure to make up our room despite being gone all day. Staff made no effort to rectify the situation. When we come back to Hershey, we will be staying elsewhere.

3  Thank Erin D
Bill D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2015

First, thanks for the opportunity to be of service. sounds like we fell short of expectations. Our new management team has retrained and attracted motivated team members to assist in exceeding expectations. Our commitment to improve has renovated all guest rooms by May and we hope that you will allow us to earn your patronage back.
Please call me personally to assist with your next stay.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey

Reviewed 16 August 2014

...cause you won't get sleep. I write this at 10pm in a room by the elevator and ice machine. I asked to be placed away from the roving gangs of unsupervised kids saw in the lobby and outside. Maybe there is no escape. With a young family hoping to enjoy Hershey Park rested, I guess I needed to have upgraded to price out the big family and team groups. Now for the earplugs and sound machine app....

1  Thank SusanTurtles

Thanks for your valued patronage, but I read that your stay was not peaceful. Our new management team has developed conduct codes and appropriate response for all groups. Our team has been retrained to quell any noise or behavior that is not appreciated. All Hershey hotels accept groups and through training and providing groups an acceptable code which to adhere to, we have improved this experience for all guests.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We are frequent guests at Hampton Inn, however, this hotel did not live up to the Hilton family name, especially for the price. The staff was not friendly and had no sense of urgency. We asked for an extra blanket late in the evening when the front desk was not busy and it took 30 minutes for a worker to bring it to our room. The room had a lot of space, but, it was very outdated. The carpets felt dirty and sticky and the cable wire was run along three walls of the living room. There were two dusty lamps in the room that did not work. Also, the air conditioner had no thermostat so the room either felt hot or cold, and when it was turned off the room smelled musty. When we arrived, the toilet seat in our bathroom was very loose and almost falling off. A maintenance worker quickly fixed it for us (he was probably the only helpful worker in the whole hotel). The maid did not clean the room until very late in the afternoon. We were also disappointed with the breakfast. Eggs were served everyday (4 days in a row) and various forms of pork (mystery meat) but no bacon. You can only eat so many waffles. The only thing we liked about the hotel was its location near Hershey park. We will definitely not be coming back to this hotel.

3  Thank Karen687

A heart felt thanks for your business and survey. Our team always appreciates when hearing where we can improve. We are working hard to be your hotel of choice in Hershey. Be aware that we are also refreshing and upgrading all of our rooms and breakfast presentation. Our revised menu offers a better rotation of cooked protein and other entrees. Although we are not a cooked to order breakfast or a for pay service we offer fresh fruits, whole & cut, 4 hot breakfast items, pastry, muffins, bagels, scones, yogurt, cereals, with many self serve toppings such as mini-Hershey kisses!! We hope to see you in the near future!!

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Everyone working at the Hampton Inn couldn't be more helpful or pleasant. Because of this alone I will be coming back and recommending the Hampton Inn to everyone I know going to visit Hershey Park. My friends and I stayed in the dining area at night and had some snacks we brought with us. The dining area is very large and accommodating. I have been coming to Hershey Park for many years with my family and our friends and their families. We have stayed in many hotels including the Hershey Lodge. The Hampton Inn is definitely on the top of the list as to a great place to stay at

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I must admit when I read all the reviews on trip advisor some review were less than stellar and I wasn't sure if I would take my chances and stay at the Hampton Inn, but I'm glad that I did. I soon realized that you can't please all of the people all of the time! The hotel was great. The rooms were spacious and more than accommodating as well as clean and fresh. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Also, the free WiFi was convenient and without any problems. The morning breakfast was superb and convenient. My kids loved the selection and everything was replenished immediately. The complimentary coffee bar (what a nice surprise that I didn't have to ask for decaf!) was always fresh and nicely stocked but the best part was that it was available all day and all night. I'm glad I chose this hotel, my family and I were more than pleased. I'll surely be back to Hershey, PA and to this "sweet" hotel.

1  Thank Cathy K
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hampton Inn Hotel, In Hershey, PA

Man, how do I start? The hotel is a very marvelous and comforting place to stay! But lets get to the characteristics of the hotel.

Service - The service here is amazing! you ask a question, they give the answer in no time flat! The people are nice, caring, thoughtful, and the room keeping is phenomenal! The food is very well cooked, and the utensils are clean and ready to go! Rating: 5*/5*

Hotel Rooms - The hotel rooms are clean, well kept, and the blankets and beds are soft and comfortable. With the big flat screen TV in every room, I could live here forever. Not to mention the beautiful bathroom decor. Excellent job again by the room keeping. They even have a desk if you bring your laptop! They have a refrigerator, and a microwave! The rooms are a definite stay! Rating - 5*/5*

The Lobby - The lobby is very well decorated with beautiful seats, and table, the chairs are comfy, the tables are sturdy (seriously, i sat at every table, not one loose screw anywhere!) They also have TVs so you can enjoy your eating with entertainment. You can even ask the concierge to change the channel if you like. They even have a computer with unlimited time which is free! (unless there are a lot of people there, in which case, you have to respect) They clean the garbage every day, the food is yummy, tasty, and rich and good. (my personal favorites were the omelet and the eggs) You can eat breakfast there, and sit late at night watching the ole Yankees! Rating - 5*/5*

Prices - You probably think that how I'm writing this review, you have to be like Life Of The Rich and Famous to stay here, you don't! My family lives in a solid middle class house, and we stay here! Although, you have to realize that the prices are going to be a little and I do mean a littler higher than some hotels, because of this overall establishment rating. Rating - 4*/5*

The Pool - I stayed in the pool for hours today! But enough about me, lets get back to the review. The pool is clean, well kept, the chairs are comfy, and the towels are soft! It was like drying myself with a feather! The guests are especially nice! Rating - 5*/5*

So, The Hampton Inn Hotel in Hershey, PA, will definitely be a trip to remember when I come here again

Overall Rating - 4.8*/5*

1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was nice. The staff was helpful and friendly. It is not quite as nice as most Hampton Inns but I would stay there again. Was clean. The breakfast area was well stocked and plenty of room for all the guests. Very close to the Hershey Park.

Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey? Share your experiences!