“Great Location”

The Suites at Hershey
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 13 May 2013

This resort hotel/tiimeshare was wonderful. I rented this unit online through TUG.com timeshare rentals. We stayed in a two bedrooom unit that was well equipped and security key card was even required to access the elevator. Plus it has covered parking, so that was really a plus since it rained a few afternoons and we didn't even have to get wet. Indoor pool was open and could have been a bit warmer since we visited in early May, but other than that, everything at this resort was great. They furnished everything from paper towels, dishes, and laundry detergent to a washer/dryer. Beds were very comfortable and plenty of extra pillows. The main bedroom has a king bed and the second bedroom had two full beds. Each room had a huge bath. It was a great location! Just a couple of blocks from Hershey Park and all that Hershey offers - Zoo America, Herhsey Gardens, Chocolate World, etc. Close to everything in PA - we visited the Amish Country, Philadelphia (Liberty Bell/Philadelphia Mint/Miniature Golf at the Park), Gettysburg, Hershey Park, etc. Check-in and check-out took all of 5 minutes. I would highly recommend this hotel/timeshare to anyone who is considering visiting Hershey Park and the surrounding areas of PA.

Room Tip: Other people have complained about the trains, but we were never bothered by them at all. We may ha...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank chazman629

Reviewed 11 May 2013

had a nice stay here , close to amish country and gettysburg visted both while there , did not hear the trains at all, close to all hershey attractions very clean rooms more than enough room for two people

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank wegedog
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at The Suites at Hershey for one night while visiting local attractions. It’s a timeshare resort but we were not approached about buying at all (I don’t believe they have sales personnel on staff at this location). We were four adults and one toddler (me and my husband, our son and my parents). The room, a two-bedroom suite that is the standard at this resort, was great for our group. We had the shared entrance, living room and full kitchen and dining area in between. Having a two bedroom suite meant my parents had their own bed and bathroom and so did we.

When you have a toddler and two people working off morning water pills, it’s much easier for everyone to enjoy breakfast in the room. And it’s so nice to have an actual table to use to do so! It was also nice to have the refrigerator for milk, medication and other snacks. While we didn’t prepare any meals during our short stay, had we stayed longer we definitely would have brought some groceries and taken advantage of the fully stocked kitchen.

We did not notice any noise from trains during our stay. I wish we would have stayed longer so we could make use of the indoor pool, playground and game room. During the summer there is also an outdoor pool, fire pit and grills available.

If you run out of things to do at the resort and decide to leave the property the location of this hotel is hard to beat. It’s right in the heart of the Hershey attractions. The parking lot for the hotel is connected to the parking lot for the outlets so when my husband left to pick up dinner from Red Robin he didn’t even need to navigate the local traffic. We were also within walking distance to Troegs Brewing Company which would have been very convenient for taking advantage of the daily brewery tours and tastings.

Overall we had a great stay and I’m always keeping my eye out for great deals so we can stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank jordgubben42
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed at the Suites at Hershey, PA April 21-25, 2013
1. Please note...if you plug 176 East Hershey Park Drive, Hershey, PA 17033 into your GPS, it may not take you directly to the property. The latitude/longitude of the reservation office is N 40 degrees 17 minutes 773 seconds by W 76 degrees 38 minutes 646 seconds.
2. Check-in was very fast.
3. You will need your room access card (the receptionist gives you) to access the elevators so be sure to have it ready. The receptionist didn't tell us about this when we arrived.
4. The units are spacious. We had a two bedroom suite and there was plenty of room to spread out. The maximum occupancy is 8 people if you are traveling with family.
5. This would be a great timeshare to go to if you have kids or grandkids. The Hershey Theme Park is less than a mile from the timeshare.
6. If you are interested in Civil War history, the National Civil War Museum is about 20 minutes from the timeshare. The Gettysburg National Cemetery is about 1 hour from the time share. Please note that the Senior Pass given to seniors for use at National Parks isn't accepted at either attraction.
7. You might be wondering about the title of my review. There is a railroad track right behind the timeshare. Trains pass by all day/night long so if you are a light sleeper you may want to request a room in Building 3 (The Cocoa) building which is farthest from the railroad tracks. You might also ask for a room with windows that face away from the railroad tracks.
8. The high temperatures when we stayed here were in the low sixties which is about 10 degrees cooler than normal. You will need a jacket in the mornings and you can walk around in a t-shirt and shorts in the afternoon depending on how your body handles temperatures.
9. This time of year is good if you want to avoid crowds, kids, etc...The timeshare was very quiet.
10. The beds were very comfortable. I would like to have one of these beds at home.
11. The best part of the trip is that no one asked me if I wanted to attend an "Owner Update"!
12 The main reason I didn't give the timeshare a 5 was because of the noise from the trains. It wasn't unbearable but they woke me up at night when the conductors were blowing the whistles.
13. I didn't use any of the amenities (i.e. swimming pool, gazebo, etc...) so I can't comment on them.
14. I liked that you park your cars under the timeshare. That helps keep them out of the elements.
15. Tanger Outlet just across the street. You can walk it if you want.

I hope you find my review helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in Building 3 (Cocoa) with windows that face away from the railroad tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank pizzaface64068
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We've been trying to stay here at the Suites at Hershey for the longest time, using one of our weeks thru RCI. We successfully got a week during my kids April break and the park happened to be open for a weekend Springtime at the Park.

Check in was easy, and we were checked in very quickly. Our room was in building one, on the second floor. Our unit was very spacious. One of the nicest RCI properties we've ever stayed at. Clean and beds very comfy. There is a full kitchen and two full baths. Unit can sleep up to 8 people. There was a washer and dryer, and pretty much everything you could need for a stay.

I will have to say that my biggest complaint, and the only reason I can't give a 5 star..... the TRAIN!!!! I know that we were in the building closest to the train, but can't imagine that it would matter much. I was woken up all night long by the train, and by the time morning rolled around, I lost count of how many times I heard that whistle! As comfy as the beds are, it was one of the worst night's sleeps....

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the train station as possible!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PalaceFamily
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We enjoyed our 4 night stay this past week for spring break. My boys said the beds were the most comfortable beds ever and it helped them sleep later than they ever have slept (8 am is super late for them - lucky me ;) ). Tanger outlets are directly across the street and all the Hershey attractions are just around the corner. We put the indoor pool to good use in the evenings since it was cold and snowy the first day we were there. Having a washer and dryer combo is always a plus in my book, especially with 3 kids. Helps make packing lighter for us. The rooms are spacious. We will stay here again when we make it back to PA!

Room Tip: we stayed in building 3 which is away from the outdoor pool and away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank dpchurch1975
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family checked in late on a Saturday night and were in our room within 5 minutes. Parking is beneath the buildings and keycards were needed to get into the elevator, which was nice. We walked in the room and it was perfect and ready for our stay. Our unit was spacious, had plenty of storage, had plenty of kitchen gadgets, etc. We usually eat-in about half the time and never found anything lacking during our week there. Beds were large and comfortable and the fireplace and hot tub made the cold weather outside a non-issue. Having a washer/dryer in the unit is always wonderful. Pool towels are provided in your room, wifi signal was strong, and we almost never saw or heard anyone else. We used the indoor pool extensively and rarely had more than 3-4 other people in it. Outdoor pool was obviously closed, but looks nice.

Location is incredible. I was sorry to note that there was no room to build more units, because the location is ideal for all of the Hershey attractions, dining, shopping, etc. This place has to be popular in the summer and hard to get into. The Tanger Outlet is immediately across the street with a good selection of your standard outlet mall chains.

Staff was helpful when we needed extra dishwasher soup, trash bags, etc. They told us about restaurant week, gave us a few tips and left us alone the rest of the week, which is what I like.

We had a wonderful time and can't wait to come back when the weather is warmer.

Room Tip: Buildings 2 and 3 connect to the indoor pool directly. This was nice during cold weather. Building...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bush92
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to The Suites at Hershey? Share your experiences!