This is our last day and night at the Suites at Hershey so let’s talk about them in detail. We have a two bedroom condo that sleeps as many as 8 people. There are two double beds in the second bedroom, and a nice sleeper in the living room.. The master has a king bed. We have a washer dryer in our unit (it takes three cycles to dry anything). All the beds are very comfortable.
The living room and dining room are one living space, and the nice sized kitchen is on the other side of a half wall. The furniture is extra comfortable, and there is a gas fireplace in the living room. The little dining area is very well used with a built in bench along the half wall and three dining chairs. You could comfortably seat 8 at this table.
The staff at this resort is among the nicest we have ever run into in our travels. We have even gone down at night to visit with them, telling them where we went that day and about the restaurants we chose in town. One of the nice young ladies working at the desk is considering LSU for her master of fine arts degree. We invited her to come to stay with us when she visits LSU. I would not do that unless I thought the person was really nice.
Something that we liked was that there is an attention given to requests by the guests that is almost immediate. We had a couple problems in our condo when we got her. I think that father time his our condo this week in that the TV, toaster, and then a remote all went out at once. Every time we told the desk about something they asked if we were going to be in the condo for the next few minutes? We would go out to dinner or to the park, and when we returned our issue had been addressed.
There are two pools, one that is indoors, and one that is outdoors. We visited the outdoor pool one-day. It is nice, and there is a very large hot tub. I guess when you have a pool in your back yard visiting a hotel pool loses its’ appeal. If hanging out at the pool is something your family enjoys this pool area is well kept, and the pool is clean.
The only thing I don’t like about the condo are:
1) The kitchen pots and pans are not what I would consider to be acceptable. At home we cook with very nice kitchen tools, and I suspect the same is true with most people who stay here. I don’t expect a resort to put high line pots and pans, but how about at least one that has a non-stick surface!!! The stove and refrigerator are first class. They need to update the cookware.
2) The little curtains that are in the bedroom do not do a good job of blocking out the sun. They are very attractive, and they do a great job of giving you privacy, but they do not do a good job of blocking out the sun.
There is no restaurant on site, but there are many nice restaurants within one mile. The local grocery stores are reasonably priced and are within 5 minutes of this location.
One last comment about the Hershey train that is the subject of so many posts on trip advisor. We are in the unit closes to the train in our building (2505). The train come through, blows his horn once or twice, and then moves on. This happens a couple times a night. Some of the posts here sound like the train is coming through the living room. I found the train to be a nice sound, not loud, but a reminder about where you are staying. The train is special to Hershey because it was one of the foundations of this community. Without the train the Hershey story would have simply been located in a different location. The train is not a problem unless you want it to be a problem.
So how will I rate this The Suites at Hershey? On a scale of 1-10 I would say it is a 9. While it is not perfect, it is outstanding in most ways. On trip advisor I will rate it as a 5 out of 5 because I truly consider this to be a superior resort.
Outside the resort, check out Fenicci's for a fantastic Italian meal, and go to Fire Alley and get the special of the evening. For us it was fork tender prime rib for $10.95!
Be sure to make the drive up to the Amish Country, and when you ar there stop at the Country Roadside Stand and get a pretzel that you will remember for the rest of your life! They also have the best homemade apple butter I have ever tasted. Ask for the yellow map of Amish Country that they have in the office. The country stand is 5 minutes off the main road, but more than worth the trouble to get there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our resort has 72 rooms. Each room features two bedrooms and two baths and is approximately 1200 square feet. Additional features include full kitchen, washer/dryer, 3 TV's, dining room and living room. Each room has a king size bed in the Master bedroom, two full size beds in the Guest bedroom and a queen size sleeper sofa.We are located one mile from Hersheypark and Chocolateworld attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Suites at Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Suites At Hershey Hotel Hershey
- Hotel Hershey
- Suites Hershey