“Forget about the train! This place is great!!!”

The Suites at Hershey
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 9 July 2009

This is our last day and night at the Suites at Hershey so let’s talk about them in detail. We have a two bedroom condo that sleeps as many as 8 people. There are two double beds in the second bedroom, and a nice sleeper in the living room.. The master has a king bed. We have a washer dryer in our unit (it takes three cycles to dry anything). All the beds are very comfortable.

The living room and dining room are one living space, and the nice sized kitchen is on the other side of a half wall. The furniture is extra comfortable, and there is a gas fireplace in the living room. The little dining area is very well used with a built in bench along the half wall and three dining chairs. You could comfortably seat 8 at this table.

The staff at this resort is among the nicest we have ever run into in our travels. We have even gone down at night to visit with them, telling them where we went that day and about the restaurants we chose in town. One of the nice young ladies working at the desk is considering LSU for her master of fine arts degree. We invited her to come to stay with us when she visits LSU. I would not do that unless I thought the person was really nice.

Something that we liked was that there is an attention given to requests by the guests that is almost immediate. We had a couple problems in our condo when we got her. I think that father time his our condo this week in that the TV, toaster, and then a remote all went out at once. Every time we told the desk about something they asked if we were going to be in the condo for the next few minutes? We would go out to dinner or to the park, and when we returned our issue had been addressed.

There are two pools, one that is indoors, and one that is outdoors. We visited the outdoor pool one-day. It is nice, and there is a very large hot tub. I guess when you have a pool in your back yard visiting a hotel pool loses its’ appeal. If hanging out at the pool is something your family enjoys this pool area is well kept, and the pool is clean.

The only thing I don’t like about the condo are:

1) The kitchen pots and pans are not what I would consider to be acceptable. At home we cook with very nice kitchen tools, and I suspect the same is true with most people who stay here. I don’t expect a resort to put high line pots and pans, but how about at least one that has a non-stick surface!!! The stove and refrigerator are first class. They need to update the cookware.

2) The little curtains that are in the bedroom do not do a good job of blocking out the sun. They are very attractive, and they do a great job of giving you privacy, but they do not do a good job of blocking out the sun.

There is no restaurant on site, but there are many nice restaurants within one mile. The local grocery stores are reasonably priced and are within 5 minutes of this location.

One last comment about the Hershey train that is the subject of so many posts on trip advisor. We are in the unit closes to the train in our building (2505). The train come through, blows his horn once or twice, and then moves on. This happens a couple times a night. Some of the posts here sound like the train is coming through the living room. I found the train to be a nice sound, not loud, but a reminder about where you are staying. The train is special to Hershey because it was one of the foundations of this community. Without the train the Hershey story would have simply been located in a different location. The train is not a problem unless you want it to be a problem.

So how will I rate this The Suites at Hershey? On a scale of 1-10 I would say it is a 9. While it is not perfect, it is outstanding in most ways. On trip advisor I will rate it as a 5 out of 5 because I truly consider this to be a superior resort.

Outside the resort, check out Fenicci's for a fantastic Italian meal, and go to Fire Alley and get the special of the evening. For us it was fork tender prime rib for $10.95!

Be sure to make the drive up to the Amish Country, and when you ar there stop at the Country Roadside Stand and get a pretzel that you will remember for the rest of your life! They also have the best homemade apple butter I have ever tasted. Ask for the yellow map of Amish Country that they have in the office. The country stand is 5 minutes off the main road, but more than worth the trouble to get there!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank bandman

Reviewed 11 June 2009

We stayed at the Hershey Suites for memorial day weekend. The locations is great and right next to the theme park. Rooms were a nice size and clean. The decorating couldhave used some updating. We were in building 3. I heard they are renovating some of the rooms. But don't be alarmed they are still great.

THe staff was extremely nice and offered a lot of info and area attractions. We were able to BBQ at the resort the first night. The front desk was kind enough to put a reserved sign on the grill for us. They have 1 indoor pool and 1 outdoor pool. both nice. The indoor pool was in building 3.

We would stay again. Had a great time.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2009

I really enjoyed staying at this hotel except for the fact that there are railroad tracks right beside the hotel. The trains can come through several times a day, which isn't a big deal, but they also run at night, which would wake me up. Other than that we really enjoyed the convenient location, ammenities, and customer service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2009

We just returned from a four day retreat from Hershey. This was our first trip to Hershey, PA. We traveled with our five young children. This was a WONDERFUL experience. The rooms are very large with more than enough room for the kids to move about. We took along our own pack n' play and exersaucer, but the resort supplied us with a high chair to use during our stay which was very helpful. The rooms are among the cleanest we've seen. We liked the fact that each building has its own parking garage underneath, so it was very convenient to park and transport luggage. We stayed in building #1 and we were never bothered by any train noise. I can't emphasize enough how great this place is for families. Our kids utilized the indoor pool (in building 2) which was heated and the game room which was located in the club house. I utilized the exercise room which had a nice treadmill along with two other pieces of equipment. The exercise room was small but nice. I was just happy to be able to keep up my fitness routine. The proximity to restaurants and Chocolate World was fantastic. There is a Walmart which took about 10 minutes to get to (due to traffic.)
The rooms are something like 1200 square feet, so we had plenty of room. Room size did matter to us because since two of our children are very young in age, my husband and I had to switch off doing activities with the older kids, so we spent quite a bit more time in our room than most people probably would. The kitchen was very well equipped with everything we needed (coffee pot, electric can opener, nice cookware, cookie sheets, silverware, etc.) The washer/dryer was in a handy closet in the kitchen which was also very helpful. They do offer daily maid service for an additional fee. The tidy up service was $35 and full maid service was $81. We opted to not do the maid service since we have our own little system down pat. Housekeeping did remove our trash daily and leave fresh trash bags (they ask that you put your trash right outside your door before noon) and they come and get it.
The DVD player was in the living room along with a big screen TV. Our unit did not have a fireplace or a jacuzzi tub which was ok because we had everything we needed and more. The only place to utilize internet was in the clubhouse though. The rooms do not have high speed internet service which we thought was a bit surprising, considering it is a newer hotel. We definitely would recommend this place to anyone coming to Hershey. We would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat. It just can't be beat for families!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2009

This is one of the most beautiful places to stay in Hershey! I absolutely loved it! If you are planning to stay here and go out to eat to many of the beautiful restaurants in the area, sign up for coupons at www.dinehershey.com and save money so you can enjoy all the hotel has to offer!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bsmit913
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Just got back yesterday from our stay at the Suites at Hershey. (12/30-1/4). The rooms here are very large (2 bedroom) and very nice. Our room overlooked the town of Hershey, Hershey Park,and the Chocolate Factory. The kitchen is huge and is stocked with standard equipment. Both bedrooms are large as are both bathrooms. The masterbathroom has a whirlpool tub and stand alone shower and two sinks. The living room is average size but very adequate with a fireplace. From here we were able to tour all the attractions in Hershey, Gettysburg (45 min drive), Amish Country (45 min drive) and Harrisburg (15 min drive). I would recommend going in the summer if you can because many attractions close for winter. Needless we saw all we wanted to see and had a great time. We cooked in our suite all but one night when we ate at Fire Alley which was very good. Overall, a great trip. Also, as Bluegreen Owners we believe that this place was the least pushy about getting you to do an owner update. The only negative is that the resort is right beside a busy railroad, and trains woke our little girl up a couple of times at night.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank cdc101379
Reviewed 12 October 2008

Stayed here in the summer in August and have absolutely no complaints. we were on a road trip and the whole family would agree that as a property this was the nicest. We stayed at an Ocean Resort which was obviously nicer but for a place in Hershey this was really nice. If I were to go back to Hershey Pa this is a nice place. After being in Hershey, I am not sure I would go back as I really did not like Hershey Park. It is a small park with average rides but soooooooooooo crowded. They either have to get more rides or expand the area but it was the worst theme park I have ever been too. Such long lines... Even for the water rides. Just so long. I spent way less time in line at Disney World. After Disney it is nothing but does not even compare to a local theme park where you pay way less for rides and wait in line for way longer,
So if you do go to Hershey this is a great hotel> Staff was realy nice and acoomadating. Anyhing we asked for they would do. They were also super friendly and nice to our kids. Went out of their way to give us directions restaurant suggestions and told us where to get discount theme tickets.
Room was very clean and very big. A full kitchen with two full bedrooms, two bathrooms and two bedrooms, pull out couch and three tv. Could not be more comfortable. would defintely go back if I liked Hershey Pa but as I didn't I won't but would definetly stay at a BlueGreen resort as the place was nice and the staff was super accomadating and went out of thier way to serve us. Staff was likely the best at any hotel I have stayed at

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3  Thank thetripplanner5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Comfort Inn at the Park
Comfort Inn at the Park
#10 of 25 in Hershey
Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to The Suites at Hershey? Share your experiences!