“My husband is cheap and he reached his limit here”
Review of Cocoa Motel

Cocoa Motel
Cocoa Motel
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
“My husband is cheap and he reached his limit here”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

I think it is mold in the grout in the bathtub, but I got distracted when I found the long black hair. I'm gray and my husband is bald. There is a sign above the sink asking us not to take their towels and conserve water. When I took a shower the bathtub faucet kept running gallons of water down the drain. Well not down the drain because it ran to slow so I was standing in water. There was water in the coffee tray and a pot half full of water. I wouldn't have used it if my life depended on it. I couldn't have had coffee anyway because there was no coffee or cups. The internet worked great,

• Stayed October 2013
13 Thank bcoy146

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Metairie, Louisiana
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This place was by far the worst motel/hotel I have ever stayed in. It was old and dirty. The room was a double with awful furniture and an antique TV with one station. The remote was so dirty that it was sticky!!! The door did not have a secure lock so we moved a suit case in front to feel safer. The window A/C was old and very noisy. There were bugs in the room and bathroom. Had it not been so hot, we would have been more comfortable sleeping in the car. The office had no A/C and the credit card machine was broken so we had to pay cash with no receipt!!! All other facilities were booked or I would have gladly paid for another facility. I booked this room thru a trusted online site and have notified them that they should disassociated themselves with this facility.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank jma1234

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Reviewed 23 August 2012

Bed was comfortable. Could not truly tell if the sheets were clean.Smelled dirty, was dirty! Room was adequate size but nothing special. Outdated agian dirty dusty. If you have allergies Stay AWAY! All my travel belongings smelled musty. When i arrived home it Took a few washes to fully come clean.Worth the cheap cheap rate that's about it. I won't be back by choice .

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
10 Thank tiffnshay421
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Our stay at the Cocoa Motel was so bad that we couldn’t even stay. The motel wouldn’t refund our money, even though we did not move our stuff in or disturb anything. The room smelled dirty, was dark, and the mini-refrigerator was on the floor. The door to the outside would not deadbolt, requiring repair before we could even close it. The television table was in poor repair with two drawers broken. There were spiders in the bathroom and the bathroom window wouldn’t open/close properly. We are in the process of getting the credit card charges reversed. Stay away from this disaster!!!

Room Tip: Anywhere is better than here!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank Matthew_Babcock
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

Sleep in your car...it's cleaner. We arrived at 2am, wanting a good night's rest after a very long drive. What we walked into was a room with a leaking bathroom faucet, a floor that looked as though it hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in weeks, dust everywhere, the smell of mold & wet carpeting, a TV that didn't work, a lumpy bed with dirty sheets , ohhh....and if you want privacy, you better bring a clothes pin or paper clip...the curtains don't close. The main reason we chose this place, is because we traveled with our Maltese and this place accepts pets for an extra $15 per night. We complained, and they offered us their special "photo room", but we were smart and just decided to move somewhere else, to wash off the grime. The Econo Lodge on Lucy Avenue also accepts pets, but is much nicer and cheaper!! In other words, only recommend this Cocoa Motel to your worst enemies!

• Stayed May 2012
8 Thank MikeNJesse
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 June 2011

Checked in with our 2 kids. The room stinks something fierce. I don't even know how to describe it. The floor is about the cave in. The only thing I liked about this hotel was the beds were comfortable for me. Nobody else thought so though. Our friends and their kids were in a room two doors down and they said the beds were awful.

Our room (the AC worked great, but looked like hell) and the front of it was laying on the floor. We were told not to turn it off but unplug it all together. The smoke detector was literally pulled from the wall (wires and all) and it was hard wired to the room. Parking was really bad. No vending available. If you ask for ice you get 12 ice cubes from their personal freezer.

Thank God for the owners son's, they speak perfect English, otherwise I would have pulled my hair out. Save your money, drive a mile down the road for a better motel.

Room Tip: No Way, Keep it moving, not worth a dollar
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank insomniackween
Laconia, New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I have to say, this motel was a really bad choice. The room smelled, there were bugs everywhere. It looked like they decided to paint the rooms without taking the time to remove any smoke stains from the woodwork, there was yellow stains on the walls bleeding thru the purple, green and blue paint. The door didn't lock correctly. Oh, and the cute little soaps and shampoos that are offered in the bathroom, they are all from DIFFERENT HOTELS, hmmmm, wonder where they splurge to get their own advertised extras. We woke up coughing and hacking as if we had each smoked a ton of cigerettes. The mattresses were soiled on the boxspring. This place needs to be condemmed or sold to someone who wants to make an impression and put some money into it. This place braggs that its a family run motel, yeah, like I'd like to see the rest of the family, they most likely live in India and have no desire to come here.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank travelmom1217
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
Americas Best Value Inn Palmyra/Hershey
Travelodge Hershey
Travelodge Hershey
#14 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Cocoa Motel? Share your experiences!