“Family fun”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
NY
“Family fun”
Reviewed 24 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I thought the hotel needed a little updating. It's very spread out and confusing to get around. The wait for the shuttle was long and since we had a disabled, wheelchair bound child, very discomforting. The hotel employees attempted to be helpful but I feel were left in the dark by management about the shuttle's run times. The advertisement made it feel as if you were in Hershey Park but the hotel is a good 10 minute ride on the bus. Impossible to walk to park.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (668)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I attended a lunch for the membership of a professional organization having a conference
at the Lodge. It was the best of this kind of lunch I've ever had anywhere. Fresh mixed lettuce in the salad. Tasty homemade dressing. Hot rolls. Chicken - not rubber at all, but carefully seasoned and delicious. Lovely little potatoes and fresh stringbeans. Chocolate cake -
marvelous of course, this is Hershey ! Thanks to the hotel for the high quality lunch.

Danville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Good experience overall. My wife and I decided to take a trip to Hershey to meet up with up some friends who live in the area and spend a day at the Hershey Spa. There is a cool sports bar on site with Hershey Bears memorabilia, good food. Great for families, just a few minutes down the road from Hershey Park. I felt it was a bit expensive but still a cheaper alternative to the Hershey Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

After staying at the Lodge last year during the half-marathon, my husband and I decided to spend our 10th wedding anniv. at the Hershey Lodge. Unlike last year, our stay this time was simply terrible.

Upon check-in, the staff member was grumpy and rude. She did not have any knowledge anout the half-marathon shuttle, and she seemed to be disinterested in helping us.

Once our room was ready, we entered our room. We were both over-powered by the stench of mold; it was so bad that we coudn't even stay in the room. We told the front desk person about the smell, and after talking go the manager in another room, we were given another room. The check-in girl said the mold smell was a common problem, and housekeeping would spray to cover the smell. If they were aware of this issue, then why did they charge us over $200.00 a night for a smelly, moldy room? Our clothes smelled like mold and no apology or compensation was offered.

On a positive note, the food at the hotel is great, especially the breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joanne J
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was in town again for the Hershey car meat and auction so we stayed at the host hotel. The are some things that I like about it and some I don't.

It's a large older motor lodge with lots of very nice lipstick on it. Nice crown moulding, sheets, towels, marble etc. In the end...still has an out door cooling unit and the doors are paper thin...so sound from the halls transfers easily.

I don't like that the rooms are so spread out...wow what a walk. Also parking At night is often difficult.

The gym is pretty nice. It's a littler tight but packed full of decent equipment. They also have an indoor pool and game room.

The restaurant up front has great eggs Benedict...I had them for two of my three breakfasts. Te coffee shop is just ok.

I think the hotel could train their staff better. So many are young and they carry on a conversation like you are not there. This is a training issue.

Te grounds are pretty, like I said they had added a great deal of lipstick so it's pleasant.

I will stay again next year and request a closer room to the main lobby.

Room Tip: Closer to the front desk
Northern NJ
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went during Hershey Park in the Dark Festivities ...
Got Deluxe Accommodations that included room, breakfast , tickets to park etc...

Checked in to King Size room felt like an apartment in Manhattan - plus they put us next to the Ice Machine .. (Package was close to 700 inclusive I expected a bit more) so we decided to go with a 2 Queen Beds that seemed to have more room ... well only slightly they still had to remove 2 chairs in the room for us to get my son's pack in play unfolded PLUS our Jogging Stroller had to be broken down EACH time due to the size of the room Plus the rooms on 1st and 2nd floors are sooo far away from the main lobby only 1 set of elevators .. EXHAUSTING - after a long day at the park with kids

Kids Halloween Crafts GREAT and came in handy during a rainy night
Character Breakfast Wonderful
Restaurants wonderful and good value (slower service)

Room Tip: If you are a family with a Pack n play or stroller or both YOU must get a suite ..otherwise u need t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Athens, PA
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have not been over complimentary on my reviews of Hershey Lodge in the past. This trip things seemed better. I asked for a room with a door facing the outside. It was very convenient having the car right outside the door, as well as being on the first floor and being close to the convention center. The room, with two queen beds. was much larger than other rooms I have had in the past. The room was immaculately clean, everything was in working order, housekeeping was great. Bed was comfortable, but did not nearly compare to the beds in the Hilton chain. Check in and check out was a breeze. Every staff member I encountered had a smile on their face and said hello. The complimentary wireless was a bit slow, but certainly satisfactory. However, streaming videos did not load well, if one needed this I would recommend upgrading to the better wireless for a fee. I have always enjoyed lunch at The Bear's Den, did not disappoint this year.

I believe the biggest downfall is the size of the facility. It is very large and the rooms further out are FAR from the convention center and lobby. If one were vacationing here this would not necessarily be a issue as you could park near your room and drive to the local attractions.

Overall, OK place to stay, but at $175 a night, I think it is a bit overpriced. If I were not at a convention there I would shop for a different hotel, possibly cheaper with free breakfast.

Room Tip: Outside rooms are great; you can park right in front of your room and have easy access to your car.