“Nice, but too pricey”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The Lodge is nice. There is a decent pool and mini golf. They have some activities for the kids and a cute sports bar. BUT... The room is NOTHING special, food is ok, but it is simply an over priced motel. Way too expensive for what the place is. Not sure I will stay again, unless they have some better package deals.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hershey Lodge

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

The Hershey Lodge is clearly a popular place by virtue of the fact that most rooms were taken in the parking lot was filled. However, I believe that most of the guests were families visiting Hershey on vacation or to go to the Hershey Park. I was there on business. I found the desk small and not usable. The beds were marginally comfortable and not what I would expect for $200 a night. The workout facility was very cramped especially if one does a weight workout. They have a sufficient number of aerobic machines but I was unimpressed by the workout facility. Although it does have a great reputation, I think there are places to stay that are as close to Hershey, don't cost as much, and provide more comfortable rooms. I did like the chocolate scented soaps and shampoos. If I visited Hershey with my family, I would probably stay at this facility. However, it is not for the business traveler

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I arrived Sunday morning for a two day conference. I have attended several conferences here over the years and am always disappointed. The hotel is a maze and the staff act as if they are trying to make the best of it. From not being greeted by bell staff to having to ask for a map to find my way around, it all seem tedious. Then, after waiting for our room to be cleaned, we were finally able to check in. Our room was near an exit, where people smoked right outside the door, and our room had a smokey smell all day and night. Then, we had to find the hidden toilet. The bathroom door does not open all the way and you actually have to step in the bathroom, close the door, then find the toilet around the corner. To top it all off, I was charged for room service which I never asked for or received and had to stand in line and take time out of my day to get it reconciled.

Room Tip: I am not sure where to find a good room in this place. It is confusing to navigate and when you ar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Our family stayed overnight at the Hershey Lodge and had a pleasant experience. The Lodge didn't seem to be very busy so we must've caught it at a good time. The place is huge and accomodates conventions so the layout of the hotel and the many restaurant choices is a good thing. As always, the staff were pleasant and accomodating. We used the shuttle to Hershey Park and had a great time overall. We normally stay at the Hotel Hershey but decided to change it up a bit this time. I would definitely stay here again. Had a nice dinner at the Forbay restaurant too (and we didn't need a suit and tie to dine as is required in the Circular Dining Room at Hotel Hershey).

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I am disappointed. My wife and I love coming to Hershey to walk around, and see shows. We both think it's a great town. We have stayed at the Hershey Hotel in the past, and although expensive, we really enjoyed ourselves. A great location, great amenities, great staff. Mind you, you pay for it, but for a nice birthday getaway or the like, worth it.

We decided to try the HersheyLodge this trip, as we've never been there. A nice place, but no way comparable to the Hershey Hotel. To do the things we wanted to do, such as spa treatments, and breakfast buffets, we had to go to the Hershey Hotel anyway.

During our stay, I had to chase teenagers from in front of my door at 130 am for having a loud talking contest. It went on for quite a while, but it wasnt handled by staff, so I did it. In addition,at 6 am, the alarm in the room adjacent to ours went off, and stayed on for at least a half hour.

I reported both of these indiscretions to the on duty manager, who called me back and apologized. He said he was taking 10% off my bill. 10%??? Pa sales tax is 6%. Hershey Borough and Dauphin Co also charge amusement fees. I guess the price of a good night's sleep, that I paid well over $200 for one night for, equals around $20 to the hotel management. I was not looking to be "comp'd," but maybe a little more substantial offer could have been made? Breakfast vouchers? Discount to return? Maybe, a giant Kit Kat bar? Nope, I got 10%, which I used to pay the additional amusement fees at checkout.

Maybe next time I will try the Mainstay Suites, and see how that goes. Penny smart, dollar stupid. It only takes one bad experience. I think I had mine.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Attended a two day conference, sleeping room was clean, quiet, bed was great, need grab bars in shower for us 55+ guys. Their dining room, on 2nd floor has a great bar. just 10-15 seats but fun with great moxilogy skills. The smaller meeting rooms are well maintained even with the Hershey kisses.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dad1104
Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

I was here on a business trip and was satisfied with the accommodations. The meeting spaces are endless and I attended a 1200-1400 participant convention. It never seemed crowded, the staff provided great service which is very difficult to do with such a large crowd.
You can easily get lost,in a good way, wondering around inside. There are at least two places to eat, a gift shop and other things to see. I didn't even take in the whole place. I'm not sure how the accommodations are as far as rooms go, but you're a hop and skip away from the park and all things Hershey. The price recently went up so I can not stay for business but it is reasonably priced for what you get there in location alone.
Overall, I'd recommend this place for business or pleasure.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business