“First in Customer Service”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We just returned from our stay at the Hershey Lodge. We had gone with a tour group of more than 50 people. My husband and I were amazed by the staff. Every time we returned from our day trips we were greeted by smiling hotel staff at the door. There was always some one at the door to wish a good day as we left for sight seeing.
Being part of a large group, my husband and I opted for room service each morning for some quiet time together.. The tray was always on time, hot and included a newspaper and chocolate bar. One morning there was even a daisy on our tray.
The hair dryer in our room was not working, no problem. We called downstairs and had no sooner hung up the phone, then there was a knock at the door with staff bringing a new hair dryer, Their speed was amazing.
We had stayed during that rain storm April 30, 2014. How nice the four sided fireplace was in the lobby. We sat in the comfortable leather chairs in front of the fire every morning.
There are so many good things to say about the rooms,lobby, but what really made the Hershey Lodge stand out was the staff- cheerful, attentive and helpful. I hope the manager is reading this, because I have to mention Michael, who got a hearty round of applause from all of us as we were leaving May 1st as he assisted one of our group. We plan to return again on our own.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank hobbittravel
Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed 1 night the Thursday before Easter. I booked online and confirmed accommodations via phone and again at check-in. It took over an hour for check because The Lodge was severely understaffed. We immediately went to our room which was pretty far from the lobby. The room was a very small 2 queen room which should only be booked for 4 guests or less. I called the front desk immediately to request a different room since I had booked a deluxe room for 5. I was informed their 2 queens is satisfactory for 5(2 adults and 3 children aged 13, 10 & 9). They DO NOT and WILL NOT provide a cot or rollaway! They WERE kind enough to provide additional sheets comforter and pillow so my youngest girl could sleep on the floor between the beds. I will never stay at a Hershey branded hotel/lodge again. I was given a 20% refund because my daughter didn't have proper accommodations. I suggest using a different hotel, booking 2 rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014
11  Thank Rebryson
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Hi Rebryson,
We're sorry to hear you were disappointed in your recent stay at Hershey Lodge. Your experience is not customary of the exceptional guest service we strive to provide our guests. Although we have followed-up with you, we welcome the opportunity to learn how we can improve on our guest service and welcome your feedback by calling us at: 717-533-3311.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had a fabulous time in Hershey PA with our 3 kids. The Hershey Lodge was so fun, accommodating, and loaded with chocolate options! We were there for Easter and the Lodge had a fun egg hunt the kids enjoyed. Hershey Park was not too crowded and we enjoyed the variety of rides for all ages. We loved the factory tour and made our own chocolate bar!!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2014

This was a nice place to stay- but may be a little bit over rated.
I feel like it was not up to the price we paid to stay there.

THE hotel was great about letting 5 of us stay in the room made for 4 people- so that was a plus...

The lobby was really pretty, but kinda far off the rooms- although we did not mind the walk too much.

The restaurants were REALLY over priced. We spend over 80 bucks at the BEARS DEN which is the family place to eat- and now I see why it was not too crowded-- it is too pricey for pub food.

The staff was, in general, "okay" The wait staff as the restaurants were probably the nicest...the others were just blah. I think the front desk and certainly concierge really need to fake it better...they seemed annoyed...and that was every time I went there to ask for help....which would not have bothered me so much, but I THINK that if you pay THAT much money to stay someplace like a resort- they should be "over the top" friendly....

THIS was our second stay at the lodge- and I believe that both times I was left with the same impression.

I will add two PLUSES....the chocolate martini from the lobby- (but I am sure they are just as good at nearby restaurants)
and the SHUTTE was very helpful and saved us on parking at the park (although other hotels probably cost at LEAST 100 less to stay at and that would more than cover the cost of parking at the park)
the free ticket to the HERSHEY story was not really a bonus and my kids did not really love the place....it was just something to do- and it really was meh.....NOT worth the extra money it cost to spend at the LODGE....

I will most likely look for another place to stay next time we are in the area. I HATE to do that, as I REALLY wanted to LOVE this hotel... but I am just so unsure of WHY we paid so much more for a hotel that left such a "meh" feeling. (I mean the room was nice....the pillows were great...and it had chocolate smelling shampoo....but not sure that was realy worth the extra money) I REALLY wish I would have liked it more- that way I would not feel so guilty about the price we paid...think very hard about that....maybe you will have better luck- I am tempted to try again-but really REALLY not sure it is worth it....

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the LOBBY- but they will most likely charge you more. Also- make sure it i...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hi Motherof3brats,
We're saddened to hear that your stay with us at Hershey Lodge didn't meet your expectations. We're sorry to hear that you didn't find our staff to meet your needs during your stay as serving our guests and making them feel welcome is of the outmost importance to our team. We'll be sharing your feedback with our team to ensure we can continue to deliver on this standard of service. We also welcome any additional feedback you might have by calling us at: 717-533-3311.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

The Hershey Lodge has very comfortable beds. The staff was very courteous and upbeat, despite huge crowds.

For the price that weekend, it would have been nice to be able to check in without parking 5 min away in the pouring rain.

We went the first spring weekend when Hershey Park was open for a baseball tournament. There was a huge contingent of families from cheerleading competition. It was packed in there. No room to park for check-in, not enough bell staff, long waits for breakfast. They really seemed unprepared for the crowds.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank CynthiaW528

Hi CynthiaW528,
We're sorry to hear you were not happy with your most recent visit to Hershey Lodge. We strive to make our guest experience exceptional from check-in to check-out and we're regretful to hear that you were disappointed. We take guest feedback very seriously and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience to learn how we can improve upon our guest service. Please feel free to call us directly at: 717-533-3311.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family recently stayed here over Spring Break. We stayed 2 nights. The place was great and the price was perfect. I couldn't decide between this place or the Hotel Hersey, and was glad I chose this place. The room was very clean and the beds very comfortable. The place was very busy but we didn't hear any excess noise in the hallways at all. The resort is very family friendly. We ate at the Bear's Den- the food was diner quality which was just fine for us. It doesn't take reservations though so if you are there during a busy season, I suggest you put your name in early, We also ate several mornings in their lobby cafe- it was quick and easy to grab stuff on the go. They offer complimentary shuttle to Hershey Park and Hershey Chocolate World and we never had issues catching it.

Room Tip: They have rooms that are located outside (you can park in front and access your room from the parkin...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank familyoffourfromwi
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This was an awful hotel, it more like a motel. 1 hour to check in, 1 hour min wait for breakfast, top restaurant is very poor. Pool is too small for the number of rooms, have to walk miles to get to the lobby. Either stay at Hotel Hershey or better yet fly to Disney. Charged Disney resort prices for Disney economy rooms and poor service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Liz V
HersheyResorts, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Hi Liz V,

Thanks for providing feedback on your recent stay with us at Hershey Lodge. We're sorry to hear that you were disappointed in our facilities. We take guest feedback seriously and always strive to provide the best experience. We will share your feedback with our team. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us directly at: 717-533-3311.