“Ants”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My family and I usually enjoy our trips to the Hershey Lodge but, on our current stay, we returned to our room to find about two dozen small ants on a candy bar left in our room. We were a little shocked by that. We might expect such issues in a motel but not in supposedly high-end place like Hershey. If bugs are a problem, they probably shouldn't be handing out chocolate at check-in. Anyway, I note this issue with more sadness than anger. I went to the front desk and made the staff aware of the issue. The young summer staff looked at me as if they had no idea how to handle and instead only offered me ... more chocolate.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank WDC-Traveller89
Write a ReviewReviews (2,888)

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We had a deluxe suite ,room 2802,which just happened to be next to the elevator, and our view was of the air conditioning unit. We heard everyone coming and going during late hours. Rooms are also small, beds not all that comfortable.Not the luxury you would imagine after seeing the very impressive grounds.My grandchildren had a great time at the park and enjoyed the hour before the gates opened to the rest of the public ,but they would have enjoyed it just as much if we had stayed elswhere.To sum it up, very pricey for very average rooms. Have stayed at nicer places for 1/2 the price with breakfast included.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view and not next to an elevator
2  Thank italianmama1951
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear italianmama1951,

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment with the quality and price of our rooms. We are constantly striving to improve our product and truly appreciate your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed Hersheypark Sweet Start that is offered to our guests.

We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hershey, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Excellent place to visit for family and friends. Outstanding service, well trained staff, very clean hotels, attention to details . Most friendly and sweet place on earth.
Chocolate spa - to die for. Beautiful landscape, excellent food

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We spent a single night at the Hershey Lodge and thoroughly enjoyed or stay. Our room was near the pool and we were able to park right at our door and use the exterior door. The staff was wonderful from the moment we entered. Though the room was a little small, it was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean. We are a senior couple who love children, so the lobby full of families did not bother us a bit. If you are looking for a quiet, reserved setting, this may not be the best choice.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool. It had an outside entrance which meant we could park right by the door t...
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay - family of 4 - kids ages 5 & 7. I can't say enough good things about this place! My kids loved the pools - and we loved the hr early entrance to hersheypark (amazing - was so empty for the hr felt like our own private park). The dining was so convenient - and so friendly. We took advantage of the hershey gardens (free entrance if you stay at the Lodge) - beautiful!! I have visited Hersheypark since I was a kid, and I can honestly say this was my best stay!

Room Tip: Higher floor in the Hershey Kiss tower
1  Thank Kdrobs
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Hi Kdrobs,

I appreciate you taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had at Hershey Lodge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pools and our Sweet Start into Hersheypark. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I will start by saying the customer service here was amazing. The entire staff was super friendly, super helpful and took time to help you out. I don't think we met one person that worked at Hershey Lodge that wasn't out-of-the-way helpful and friendly. My family & I stayed here for one evening in early June. We had ordered a package and had a nights stay, tickets to Hershey Park, museum, and breakfast. Since we did a package deal, the room rates turned out to be somewhat reasonable (for a tourist type area), but still more than I'd normally pay. When checked in and there was an issue with our park tickets that the staff fixed immedately and without issue. The kids loved the "kids Check-in" area where they get welcomed to the hotel.

The hotel lobby is very nice looking with a modern huntling lodge feel (thus the name). The Coffee Bean was good at a decent price for coffee in a hotel resturaunt. If you choose to eat at Luddy's (the breakfast resturaunt), order off the menu rather than the buffet. The hotel bar, tucked in the back had wonderful (and expensive) chocolate martinis, but you do get to keep the glass, which is something.

The maze of elevators and hallways was somwhat confusing to navigate. Fortunately we were close to the elevator in the main lodge, so getting in and out was easy for us, but not so much for others. The room was normal, about the size of a standard mid-priced hotel room if not slightly smaller. We are a family of for with 2 kids (11& 6), so if we spent a lot of time in our double queen bed room, we'd be cramped. Beds were average and the room was clean (always a plus). There wasn't much of a view (a concrete wall and part of a parking lot) but I don't beilive there is much to see where the hotel is situated.

As for the price, well...as I stated, the rate we paid was with park tickets and other add ons. The quoted room rate is pretty ridiculous ($250+ per night for a double queen). Unless you are Scrooge McDuck wealthy or you can get a package with other attractions, I would try somewhere more affordable. A wonderful staff can only go so far.

1  Thank teamRR
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We recently returned from a one-night stay at Hershey Lodge. We are a family of four with two small children, ages 2 & 5.

Pros:
Discount on Hershey Park tickets.
Shuttle to Hershey Park ran continuously and was very convenient.
Easy check-in, courteous front desk staff.
Easy booking on-line.
Plentiful parking.
Clean rooms.
Easy check-out from your room.

Cons:
The Lodge is enormous and confusing to navigate. There are few interior signs. You'll be wandering around looking for your room.
The room is TINY - one chair was crammed in the corner.
The view was terrible, we opened up the window and looked out onto...a stone wall.
Room has a small, dark, dingy feel to it. Poor lighting.
Bathroom is tiny as well - the door barely closes and almost bangs into the toilet.

We probably won't stay again. Although we didn't spend much time in the room it is always nice to return to a lovely room after an exhausting day at the park.