“The Chocolate Is Good...”
Review of Hershey Lodge

Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Washington Township, New Jersey
“The Chocolate Is Good...”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed at the Lodge years ago for a winter family vacation. Most vivid memories of that stay included staying in a motel room with an exterior entrance and not being able to get a seat -- ever -- at the fireplace in the lobby! Recently stayed (early June) with an 8th grade class trip contingent of 115 students and teachers. Rooms were in the rear of the hotel, far from the lobby . Rooms are pleasant, but nothing out of the ordinary. We could have just as easily been staying at any other mid-range hotel chain. Comfy bed and I appreciated the Hershey Kiss motif throughout the room. Dinner in one of the smaller ballrooms was meh. Service was terrible...they rushed us through the three courses and were pulling the white table cloths off the tables while we were still seated! However, breakfast buffet was nicely presented, ample and tasty. Overall, the Hershey Lodge is huge and really not necessary for an overnight stay -- save your money and choose another location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just returned from a 4 night stay at the Lodge and I was not impressed. I found the front desk rude, especially the supervisor when I questioned a charge on my credit card. He stated "what do you want me to do, I can't push a button and fix it". When I asked for his boss, he rolled his eyes and muddled. HIS boss was polite and was able to correct the error. I found the room clean, but dark and outdated. The rate was to expensive for what the room offered. The halls were difficult to navigate and very narrow in the coco area. Most of our time was spent in the convention center, and even though I asked for a room close to that area, it was a long trek and very far away. I housekeeping staff was very polite and always smiling. But after it's all said and done, it was not a lodge I would visit again.

2 Thank rbdnurse
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Hi rbdnurse!

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent stay at Hershey Lodge. We appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests.

Please accept my personal apologies for the disappointments you experienced during your stay. Our staff members are all professionals dedicated to service excellence. Rest assured that I will share your concerns with all department managers to make sure our staff understands the expectations of our guests.

We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hershey, you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Hershey Experience is always 5 stars. The rooms are immaculate. There is so much to do we almost did not go to the park. The staff is well trained in providing an outstanding experience for their guests.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor - very quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Hi Pammonte!

I appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback about our facilities. As our goal is always to provide our guests with a happy and memorable visit!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge in the future.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I strongly recommend staying at the Hershey Lodge if you have children. Very easy to navigate, everything is at your fingertips and the Shuttle service coupled with the ability to enter the park an hour early is priceless. Rides in the am...god back.....nap....water park in the evening.......no cars, no parking....no hassle.

1 Thank Ed P
Saint Charles, Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Friendly staff, great accommodations, conference rooms clean and well kept, grounds beautiful, shuttle to and from airport at reasonable price...a wonderful place to stay and enjoy all that Hershey, PA has to offer.

Room Tip: I had a room that was right outside of the main lobby...was safe, quiet and close by. Some rooms ar...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Every staff member that we came in contact with had a big smile and was willing to do what every they needed to do to help us out. The room was in excellent condition and very clean. There were a lot of kids when we were there and you was no noise at all when we were in our room. The shuttle to the park was also great!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Pulling up to the Hershey Lodge was really nice. A big, beautiful building. Check-in personnel were nice, but our room wasn't ready at 1pm. I understood though that check-in was at 4-6pm. (I thought that was kind of late.) It just was upsetting that we spent $500 to stay there for a night and were trying to plan activities and get everything organized out of our car with a 2 year old for 3 hours. The interior was nice (A little dark and woodsy for a summer trip) but overall it was clean and nice.

The layout of the enormous buildings became annoying. It takes 2 elevators to get to the room and back down the lobby. The outdoor pool is a HIKE and a half if you're trying to travel to it from the inside of the hotel. It's easier to just drive around the entire building. The Hershey Grill on site was also a big hike. There were signs and signs and signs directing to the restaurant and then they just stopped and you were left in an empty corridor. Turns out you had to go on the outside of the building to enter. It's like they didn't think of the little things when designing the place. I felt like we walked wayyy too much during our stay…and with a toddler, that's not what you want to be wasting time with.

The shuttle service was nice to and from the park. They arrived every 20 minutes, they were clean and the staff were friendly. The rooms were a bit on the small side but overall pretty nice and clean. The breakfast buffet was pretty underwhelming and the food was not very good. I just kept waiting for things to get better with the whole Hershey Lodge experience and I was just disappointed. I should've just saved $200 and stayed down the street. The place just didn't meet my expectations for the money. You're simply just paying for the name and to say you stayed at Hershey Lodge.

1 Thank Ncr222