“Good family fun”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We made reservations directly with the Lodge and took advantage of discount tix purchasing. The accommodations were nice, clean and sufficient for two adults and two kids. Check-in was easy and the front desk staff friendly and helpful. We ate in the Bears Den and found the food slection good and we were pleased with the food. Ask for a room with juxtaposition parking. It minimizes walking in a large property. The free shuttle was comfortable and readily accessible for round trips. Don't bother with the hassle of driving, parking at the park and the expense. We enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside, first floor room where you quick access to the car and you won't have to car...
3  Thank Andy Z
Write a ReviewReviews (2,903)

Reviewed 17 July 2014

It truly pains me to write this review. I spent quite a bit of time at both the Lodge and the Hershey Hotel years ago when I was in town for business. Each stay was great. Therefore, I couldn't wait to eventually come back with the family. I'll just say that times have changed.

When I checked in, I realized that I had booked a king bed instead of 2 beds. I acknowledged my error and asked if the reservation could be changed. The front desk said they could accommodate my request for the first 3 nights but then I'd have to switch rooms on the last night because all of the rooms with 2 beds were booked. Not a problem.

I got to my room...and it had a king. Went back downstairs and they apologized for the error, told me that they had a room with 2 beds, but that I should wait patiently until they fixed the problem "in the system." Why they couldn't just give me a room key in the meantime was a mystery since it was late and it had taken us 10 hours to go 400 miles with 2 little girls (the joy of family travel).

40 minutes and 2 return trips to the front desk later, I finally had a room key. The girl at the front desk then asked if I wanted to know the difference in rates. This is when things got bizarre. Of course, I said yes, at which point she informed me that she couldn't just tell me, that she had to write down the rate change on a piece of paper! (Possibly because the difference was so outrageous that she didn't want to say it aloud with other guests on line.)

She literally handed me a post-it note, which is how I discovered that the rate hikes were AT LEAST 20% EACH NIGHT!!! I asked why they had me initial a page with the rates 40 minutes earlier, when those weren't in fact the right rates and her response was - "I TOLD YOU the rates could be different." This was before they gave me keys to the wrong room.

I still hoped this could get resolved in a professional manner. I asked for a manager, and when she came to the desk, I extended my hand for a handshake, politely introduced myself, explained my error and then the front desk's error, but most of all, that I was happy to be back there.

There was no warm welcome. Not even a smile. When we got into the rates, she was quick to tell me that it was "my fault" (THREE times she said this) because I had originally booked a king and then proceeded to tell me that part of the way the Lodge makes money is by selling the rooms with 2 beds to families during their busy season. There was no empathy for my wait and zero apology for the way the front desk treated me. They offered to "meet me in the middle" on price, but after the long wait, there was no way I was giving them another dime, not when they looked at me and only saw dollar signs. I certainly wasn't going to pay an extra $40 or $50 a night for the same exact room with only one extra bed. When I told the manager to give me the original room at the original price, she walked away in a huff.

I should give the Lodge 1 star. I'm giving it 2 because of the great times I had there many moons ago. I'm hoping my trip was the aberration and that future travelers have more luck than my family.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank ACE44444
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hi ACE44444!

Thank you for bringing to our attention your concerns as it relates to your most recent stay. It is most disheartening to learn that we did not meet your expectations, as we take customer satisfaction quite seriously. Based on the information shared, I must agree that there is absolutely no excuse for poor customer service. And for this, I am sincerely sorry.

Know that I have shared your concerns with our Front Office Team.

We hope that when your travels bring you back to Hershey, you will give us another opportunity to serve you and your family.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed at The Hershey Lodge on July 2014 while on vacation and truly had a great experience. We were greeted by very friendly employees who guided me to the check in desk. At check in, the gal who helped me was very friendly and helpful. Gave us great suggestions for dinner. The room is hershey kissed themed which both my kids found very amusing. The room was clean as was the bathroom. The beds were a little hard but definitely not the worst I have slept on. My one negative comment would be that the hallway smelled a little musty. This could be rectified by shampooing the carpets. When we return to Hershey we will definitely stay at the lodge again.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family has stayed here every year for the last 10 years. My kids look forward to it immensely. There is so much to do for everyone. Pools, playgrounds, shuffle board, game room, gym, mini golf, crafts, Hershey character visits, s'mores at the nightly campfire, watching sporting events at the Bears Den, kids check in activities, and during this visit a golden eagle and keeper from the falconry came to the lobby to answer questions and take photos with the kids. All this is just at the lodge. There is so much more in the town of Hershey. The best part is that all of this brings you back to amazing family time. The year is busy for us and I always look forward to sharing this time with my family.
Rooms are comfortable and newly redone. Staff is friendly and will go out of their way to accommodate you. Good on site options for food and drinks. This is one yearly quick trip that never disappoints. It is also wonderful during the holidays.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Hershey bar section. It is near the pool, lobby, easy parking, and newly refre...
1  Thank Marybeth M
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Hi Marybeth M,

I appreciate you taking the time to share such positive feedback about our facilities. As our goal is always to provide our guests with a happy and memorable visit!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge in the near future.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Hershey Lodge. Great place. Very clean, friendly service, conveniently located and good food available on premises. I would recommend this place to families. Our room # was 345. King size bed, super clean....

Room Tip: Purchase tickets to Hershey Park at the Lodge. Tickets are discounted and a bus service to the park...
1  Thank MProcino
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Rooms are large and comfortable. Lots for the kids to do. Miniture golf, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, tennis courts, a WII room, planned activities for the kids, and character interaction. Of course there is also CHOCOLATE. When you check in and daily in your room. We made reservations very early and it paid off as our room ended up near all the activities. Beds were great and all of the staff very friendly. Best benefit was free shuttle to all Hersey attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for the Reeses section if you want to be near pool, courts, etc.
2  Thank DavenportPete
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We just got back from a 4 night stay at Hershey Lodge. We opted for the "kids stay, eat, and play free" promo. It was $385/night and included breakfast for the kids each morning and passes to Hershey Park for every day for everyone. We did quite a bit if research into price comparison and after everything was said and done the price was comparable to other nearby hotels if you add in the cost if breakfast and park tickets. The resort itself is HUGE. There are 6 different eateries in the lodge and each one is different with a reasonable range of prices for all budgets. Libby lebkichers has a pretty simple yet really yummy buffet for breakfast. The Cocoa Beanery is perfect for a quick cup of coffee and bagel. Our personal favorite was the Bears Den for dinner. It had a great variety of food choices, excellent quality and very reasonable prices. The lodge has 3 pools. They are nice, but the 10 minute hike to get to them puts a damper on any fun. The resort is just spread out over so much footage that it really takes forever to walk to anything, even just the lobby. They have a small arcade and gym also. Again, nothing extraordinary. The rooms were clean, basic rooms. We had a 2 queen bed room. This is the same super basic room you would find at any hotel. The staff were nice, friendly, but not overly helpful. In my mind I would think that a resort under the Hershey name would go above and beyond any other regular hotel experience, and I didn't really see that here. The shuttle to and from the park and other hershey attractions was very convenient. One of our nights there we had a severe thunderstorm. The whole area ended up losing power. The entire place got very hot very fast. The storm passed quickly but it was hours before the power came back on. The staff seemed to have no interest in trying to provide any kind of entertainment for the many many guests that were just wandering around aimlessly. They didn't even do the scheduled activities for the evening that they could have done (they were supposed to do s'mores at the campfire from 8-9). Overall, I don't have much to complain about, but I also wasn't really too impressed either. Staying at the lodge means paying the big ticket for the Hershey name. There were some conveniences but overall I don't think we would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank amberleigh723
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hi amberleigh723!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your experience during your stay with us at the Hershey Lodge.

I am glad you were able to enjoy our different restaurant options on property and our complimentary shuttle service to the Hershey attractions.

We strive daily to provide outstanding hospitality to each of our guests and I regret that we failed to do so for you. Our guests’ feedback I significant in assessing where we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations as well as areas where we may make additional improvements.