“Great family time!!!”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
West Nyack, New York
“Great family time!!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I never write reviews but after reading the most recent reviews I felt I needed clarify. The Hershey Lodge is beautiful. My husband and my two teenage kids loved it, we just stayed there during the last week of July 2014. It felt like a mini resort with all the amenities. The indoor and outdoor pool were great. The activites for younger kids were amazing and plentiful. The restaurants were great. Every staff member we encountered was friendly, from housekeeping to the restaurant staff, to the front desk. The room we stayed in was updated (granite counter top bathroom), comfortable beds, with updated furniture and a big screen TV. The transportation to Hershey was so convenient, we never used our car until the day we were leaving. Overall, Hershey Lodge is a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a family getaway.

Room Tip: Hotel is very large. We stayed in the Kiss' Tower, very convenient to main lobby, restaurants a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My family had stayed one night on the "kids stay, play, eat" plan for my husband's birthday. We arrived early to utilize all the hotel amenities before check in that was for 4:00 however we were able to get into our room at 2:00. We loved the themed rooms as they were elegant not gaudy, they were clean and roomy. My kids 6 & 7 loved the lobby and the way it was decorated (rustic and outdoorsy), the staff was friendly and knowledgeable. We took advantage of the shuttle system to the park which was less than 10 minutes away. Hardly any wait to go to park, however coming back to lodge at parks closing time we did have to wait 15-20 minutes as the lodge seemed to have the majority of guests compared to the Hershey Hotel or Hershey Campground. Both pools (indoor and outdoor) were clean and plenty of lounge chairs to choose from. We ate at 2 of the hotels restaurants and LOVED The Forebay! High class with a great kids menu. Would definitely stay again! Lastly what a nice touch that when I mentioned it was my husband's birthday, the staff had left a card signed my all the characters along with some chocolate in our room when we returned from the park. 5 stars

Denton, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel lobby was very nice! It was decorated in a very pleasing motif. They had people dressed as Hershey characters. The kids loved getting their pictures made with each and everyone. The guest rooms were clean. The rooms could really use an update! The grounds looked good in the front however the back could use some attention. The food was good but pretty expensive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank margielou3
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is our second time here and will definitely be back. The main lobby is so beautiful with comfy seating all around. The characters make daily appearances so the kids could take pictures with them. The line is never long. The hotel is convenient to get to the park, they offer shuttle services only to the park which comes constantly. Close to the hershey museum and garden. Pool is well kept.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room that also has an outdoor entrance. Convenient for unpacking and packing up...
1 Thank lifromny
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My children and I only had the pleasure of staying here two days, but it was an amazing experience! There was always something to do for everyone around the clock, even if you didn't want to go to the park, the staff here kept you busy! The food was outstanding, huge variety! Outside of the cost, its something we will definitely do again! There was transportation to and from the park, which was a great perk! And with staying there you get to go early to the park as well as have a "preview" the night before your park visit! Again, outside of it being a bit pricey, we will do it again!

1 Thank Bonnie B
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

It started when I checked in. The person helping me took a phone call while we were talking. He handed me a key and a map with no verbal directions on where to go. After I walked away, I asked the bellman to direct me to my room only to find that the first guy hadn't written my room number on the key holder. Worst customer experience ever. Doesn't everyone know to pay attention to the person you're helping? I have other examples of this same bad service...it just continues. Handing me a candy bar is not going to cover for terrible customer service. This place is mismanaged.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank LWM1115
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
I am sorry to learn of your less-than standard guest service. Our guests’ feedback is significant in assessing where we have met or exceeded our guests’ expectations as well as areas where we may make additional improvements. General Manager
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a great time at Hershey Lodge. The food is good and chocolate added whenever possible. Everyone on the staff we were in contact with were friendly. A tornado warning was in effect on our first night there and while eating dinner we were taken to the basement where the conference rooms were until it was safe to go back to our dinner. We were impressed with their concern for our safety

1 Thank Susan S