“Great Sleep!!!”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 1 February 2010

Comfortable beds, clean, great restaurants inside the hotel. Their swimingpool was excellent with professional certified lifeguards on duty. You will enjoy your stay at this hotel. Their excellent coffee shop accross from their check in & out counter is a plus. Teenagers will enjoy from the sport restaurant inside this hotel in addition of the candy's inside the rooms, complements of the hotel management. Location was excellent, it was very close to the Hershey Factory and Hershey Park. Overall, this hotel it is one of great I visited in PA.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed 1 February 2010

I was so excited to go the Kalahari, I had great expectations for it and it met them all!

We got a GREAT deal with did the spa package, paid 179 a night got a lodge room, which had a full kitchen, whirlpool tub, seperate king bedroom, pull out couch, fireplace, 2 tvs, dining area and large patio overlooking the outdoor waterpark. The room was perfect! It was clean, they provide dishes, hand towels, glasses, ect. Basically everything you needed for the kitchen. Along with the cost of 179 per night we got free full breakfasts for 2 and 50 in spa money. So for 2 night we got $100.00 for the spa and breakfast buffets each day. GREAT DEAL!

All the the food we ate was great, we got good from the pizza pub, the sandwhiches were great! We are the at great karoo for the breakfast buffet, the pancakes get a bit crusty from sitting out. Other than that they have a great selection. We ate at khuanaville each night, all the food looked so appetizing. Hence the reason we ater there again because there was other dinners we wanted to try. Our food was excellent! I don't think the food was extremely overpriced, it really what you expect to pay at an amusement park, so it was average priced for an amusment park.

The waterpark was a ton of fun, the wave pool is great, you don't have to rent tubes for it or anything like that. The swahili swirl was basically our favorite slide. My fiance did the surfing thing, which he said was awesome, he did it twice. No complaints with the waterpark. You don't really need to rent a locker if you aren't bring any valuables, because you can just leave you towels and flipflops to stake you chairs, and no one touches anything. A lot of people were just leaving their stuff unattended.

We also played in the arcade which is similar to how dave and busters is set up to run, but the prizes were extremely lame. Me and my fiance spent 20 dollars and only won a pack of cards! LOL.

The fitness room was very clean and had a variety of machines to use.

We had pedicures done at the spa, and we was really beautiful and relaxing, the girls working there were so nice and easy to get along with and did a great job.

All in all I would recommend the kalahari to any one, couples, families, everyone! It seemed like a lot of families brought the children and I can see why, it's a great place for kids. But it's fun for the older crowd as well, they have bars in the water park and restaurants and sell alcohol in the giftshop for those who want to drink on their vacation. So there is something "appealing" there for every age. LOL.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2010

From the moment you check in your stay is UNPLEASANT...The staff at the front desk needs a lesson in customer service.. I was given a map to my room and my keys and sent on my way..no one asked if they could help with my bags nor did any of the "workers" at the door open it for me and welcome me to the hotel...NOT WHAT I EXPECTED FOR THE PRICE!....
The dining is over priced and the quality of food is very poor..
The FIRST room I was sent to had LARGE BUGS ALL OVER...one at the front door, which I disreguarded because it was outside..however when I went to close the blinds there were 5 or 6 more LIVE beetle looking things!...I called to change rooms and they sounded like they didnt believe me..they switched my room to the BASEMENT!...Where there were large parties being held and drunken guests...
The second room was filthy...lots of dust, BOOGERS AND GUM ON roll pillow and stains on duvet... founed numerous hairs on bed and in shower!
My package included FULL BREAKFAST....no one told me what that incvluded when I called I was told it was a $33 credit...THE PRICES FOR BREAKFAST ARE OUTRAGEOUS THEREFORE TWO PEOPLE CAN NOT EAT BREAKFAST WITHOUT ADDING MONEY TO THAT...
My package also included two "free" tickets to the Hershey Story..which were EXPIRED ON 12/27/09....hmmmm had to go BACK to the front desk!
Overall I would say SAVE YOUR MONEY aND GO TO A MOTEL6! youd get the same amenities and MAYBEEE THE SAME BUGS!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LIZZYNY82
Reviewed 7 January 2010

I attended the Hershey Lodge for New Year's Eve and it was a blast. The hotel has many restaurants and recreational facilities. We utilized the game room and indoor pool as well as the New Year's Eve carnival celebration which was great and well worth the money. I had so much fun I already booked for next year. The Lodge is clean and close to all Hershey attractions. It is very large but you can park right near your room so it is easy to load and unload the luggage. It is a little pricey but worth the money.

Reviewed 4 January 2010

We went for the New Year's Eve Carnival. It was pretty cool. The package included tickets for Sweet Lights (AWESOME!) as well as tickets to Teh Hershey Story (didn't use). We went to Hershey Park and it snowed. The lights were beautiful, the show good and the rides fun (but limited). The New Year's Eve Carnival Party was good. I would recommend playing the games first and eating later. The buffet line was long and the noise LOUD! In fact my family and I went back to our room to play Sorry until 11:30 after playing at the carnival. I would have liked a map showing where everything was located for the party. I would do it again though, we had a fun 2 days.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank vangie1
Reviewed 4 January 2010

From beginning to end our trip to hershey lodge for their extraordinary New Years Eve Gala was exquisite. The rooms wonderful, their staff friendly and very helpful! I would recommend Hershey Lodge for New Years Eve to anyone and everyone. In fact I have and my sisters and cousins and friends all join us..once one of them of joins us...THAT is what they do every New Years from then On!

Reviewed 1 January 2010

Have traveled to Hershey for years. My parents took me and siblings from a young age. I have continued the tradition with my two young ones. It gets better over time. the Lodge over the years has added more amenities. Perfect for a single dad!! With numerous eating options on site and a Friendly's close by, you dont have to go far to eat. Good in the Cold winter nights! The indoor pool was a very nice tempature! This is now a family Tradition, Christmas in Hershey!!