“Not worth the $”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 22 June 2010

The facilities are very nice, but nothing impressive. The room was exactly like other less expensive hotels. The food was not cheap on premesis. The pools, mini-golf and kids program were good. But for nearly $300 a night, I was not overly impressed. That said, I don't think there is a reasonably priced hotel in the area. I viewed this as a once in a lifetime trip to this hotel for the weekend and left feeling that I had seen it, done it and could check out another place next time.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

The best park and hotel if you want to have you people step out of their comfort zoneand have a good time! Loved the Hershey Lodge.....wish we had more time! My husband asked if we could stay another day and that is unreal in it's self!

Reviewed 19 June 2010

My 2 granddaughters & I spent 2 days at the Hershey Lodge, Hershey Park, Museum, and Gardens. It was truly a blessed trip! I felt totally safe and secure beings we were traveling myself and 2 small children! The girls had a wonderful time! Just wished we had planned more days there!

Reviewed 18 June 2010

The Hershey Lodge is not only clean and attractive, the Hershey "experience" is continued with children and family activities throughout the day. Bus shuttles make getting to Hershey attractions easy.

Reviewed 18 June 2010

I honestly think I set my expectations way too high for this resort. There was nothing about the Hershey Lodge that was outstanding. It is an average hotel with rates as if it was a 5 star. The rooms were smaller than I expected- the coffeemaker in the room was discusting. It looks as if it hasn't been used in months because of the dust that formed on it. The pool & the pool area is really nice though The room has a nice flat screen TV and a decent size fridge & safe. Beds were comfortable too.

Next time I go to Hershey, I will look to stay at a cheaper hotel- with all the money you spend at the park, paying $300 a night at this place just isn't worth it.

1  Thank Echonet24
Reviewed 18 June 2010

I came to the Hershey Lodge to attend a conference. I was really looking forward to a nice experience. Unfortunately, I didn't get what I expected. I am handicapped and requested a handicapped room. I got a room that was at least close to the lodge, but was not handicapped equipped. I made do. The room was not clean and smelled. It looked like an old motel room from the '50's. Our breakfast at the one restaurant wasn't bad, but the conference had ordered lunch for us each day. The food was totally inedible the first day, with chicken that was dry and choking and vegetables that were so tough, they couldn't be eaten. The next day we got a box lunch. I had turkey. What a mistake. I got food poisoning from the turkey. After I returned home, I called the hotel. Their attitude was "and so?" which leads me to believe that I was not the first. I got progressively sicker through the day, and when I returned to my room, found that it had been "cleaned". Someone had removed the shampoo and soap and not replaced it. Someone had spit out a huge wad of snuff on the sidewalk by my door. The next day--and the day after--it was still there. I tried going back to the conference, but I was disoriented because of dehydration. I couldn't find any staff member who could tell me where the room was located. The staff was rude, the hotel dirty, the food terrible. I can't imagine how bad a family would feel if they spend a fortune on coming here with their children for a dream vacation. Trust me--it would be a nightmare instead. I've stayed in inexpensive motels that have been cleaner, better appointed, and had better accessibility. This is NOT a resort. It is an overpriced, dirty, rip-off. If you do come--don't eat the turkey!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2010

Attended a large conference here. The meeting facilities were excellent and (except for continental breakfasts which were poorly set up) the food / beverage service for the conference was good and plentiful. Our room was beautiful and well appointed. Unfortunately, both mattresses in our room were soft and uncomfortable (actually, the side of both beds away from the nightstand was better--so it is probably time to replace them). We didn't use the pools / hot tubs this time, but have in the past on family outings; walking through them suggests they are still very nice. But this is a huge place--so be prepared to walk distances. Free internet connection was on the slow side but you can pay extra for premium service. The room had a big flat screen TV with well organized furniture piece that held coffee maker, refrigerator, safe, etc. Very nice bathroom; shower was good, not great. In house breakfast options are IMO very expensive. Had hoped to have dinner at Hershey Grill but it was booked days ahead of time. There are a lot of nice, reasonable restaurants in the area, but search out info on them in advance because you won't find it at the hotel. Staff was friendly and went out of their way to be helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business