“Great Food”

The Chocolate Avenue Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chocolate Avenue Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 86 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$8 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lindon Rd
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Here in Hershey for a conference. This is the 2nd year in a row we chose the Chocolate Ave Grill for a group dinner. The food is delicious. Casual environment with slightly upscale menu choices. I got the Blackberry BBQ chicken.. The flavor was excellent. It came with a choice of salads, including the strawberry with nuts and poppy seed dressing (sweet). Excellent service and friendly waitstaff.
They also have an outdoor dining patio. Food was moderately priced but worth the value $15-28/entree.

There are newer reviews for The Chocolate Avenue Grill

Reviewed 6 May 2014

All I can say is wow! From the outside it appears to be a simple grill but the food is anything but average!!! Restaurant definitely caters to the professional population of Hershey with its menu selection and fresh ingredients. I saw so many people packed inside the restaurant on a Friday night that I knew it had to be good. There was a wait to be seated but it was worth it. Many of the dinner entrees are fairly expensive but I enjoyed my entire meal and can't wait to go back! This is a restaurant where EVERYTHING on the menu is great and you cannot go wrong. It also appears to be a fun spot to go for drinks or even a first date.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Small yet very enjoyable. Excellent food and very good service. Moderately priced. A friendly place with a pleasant atmosphere. Good variety of choices. Sort of a Greek atmosphere

Reviewed 5 May 2014

When in Hershey it's a must that my wife and I must dine at The Chocolate Avenue Grill. My wife had the beef cheesesteak and I had the chicken cheesesteak both were delicious. They were so large that both of us could only eat half and saved the other half for dinner.

NOTE: "Out of town-ers" this restaurant is simply a cafe with great food, if you require ambiance when dining this is not your place, I suggest going to the Hotel Hershey for lunch or dinner. One other note, the owners of this restaurant want there guests to be happy. If your unhappy with the quality or how your food was prepared, you need to speak up. However don't expect to get a filet because you were not happy with your cheeseburger or expect to have your whole bill comped, if you play those games you are in the wrong town. ENJOY

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stopped here for lunch after a long morning conference and we were not disappointed! The parking lot was full, but we found free/easy street parking right around the corner. It was very busy, so we did have to wait about 20 min, but is was a beautiful day and there was a nice outdoor bench just waiting for us. Overall, the atmosphere was a bit frenetic, but it was packed. We were seated at a booth that had seen better days..I sunk down quite far and felt like I had to reach "up" to eat. Our server was fine. Two of us ordered the brisket sandwich and our other diner got the flat bread pizza with prosciutto ham and fig reduction. The brisket sandwiches were on the softest, best-est roll ever ( I normally use bread as a holder for my hot dog, sandwich etc, but I ate most of this roll!) with a mustard BBQ sauce and cole slaw. It was served with chips and a pickle. The meat was piled high, tender and it was scrumptious overall! Our other diner enjoyed her pizza, but said it was not the best prosciutto/fig pizza she has ever had (who knew pizza with fig was a "thing"...you never stop learning things about your friends!!)
All in all, this was very good food for quite a fair price considering you are in a high tourist area. Check this out when visiting the Hershey area.