“Worst hotel I ever stayed at”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Johnson City
“Worst hotel I ever stayed at”
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stay away from this hotel! It is terrible! The bed sheets and bed spread were stained. The steps going upstairs are dangerous. There is metal on the edge of the steps and the rug on the steps is very worn and faded. I tripped going up the steps due to the poor condition of them. We even had to ask for toilet paper and soap as there was hardly any in the room. As for the continental breakfast, it was a joke! There was only dry cereal in the small office. No place to even eat. Do not stay here! It was extremely over priced for the poor quality.

Room Tip: Don't stay here or you will be sorry.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank H B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
nyc
Reviewed 13 August 2012

my family stayed this weekend for a last minute trip to hershey. i had read the reviews and addressed any concerns i had with the manager/owner nick before coming. he could not have been nicer and more accomodating. we had a room with 2 queen beds. the room was basic, had a desk, a chair, a mini fridge, microwave, bathroom... all was fine. the ac was working. the room was quiet, we were not disturbed by any noises from other rooms. we spent a morning down at the pool which is right on property. the owner came over to us to check in and make sure all was ok. we gave some recommendations on how to better the property and he listened and made some notes which was great. you can not beat the price or the location. it is right next to dukes which is a great restaurant and down the street from bread and cheese which is great for breakfast (home made!). the breakfast offered by the hotel in the morning is simple and great to grab a coffee, juice or frozen waffle. easy.
we would stay here again as for the price you cannot beat it. it is not a luxury hotel but the owner has great intentions and i think over time the hotel will continue to get better.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank nycchicky
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Went for a weekend with my girlfriend to relax. This was are third time there and would definitely stay again! The staff is so helpful and checking in/out is so easy. This time we stayed we were actually surprised with an upgrade and had the best time. For the price, you can't beat this hotel. Would recommend to anyone staying on a budget!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My famiy and I arrived to a front desk and waited in the office for over twenty minutes before anyone waited on us. As for the complementary breakfast, it's a toaster in the office which is not much larger than your run of the mill bathroom. There was a box with stale cereal and that was it. The pool was dirty- not just debris on the bottom but floating trough out the water. They made us pay right when we checked in, as a guarantee that you don't ask for your money back or skip out. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING conditions. the shower curtain had black mold as well as the toilets and bathroom floor. I showered with my shoes on. not to mention the fact that were not lamp shades on half of the lights in our room. Do not stay here if you have any decency.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank xokatie
NikhilMerchant, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
We thank you for your review. Well, it is unfortunate that you had not so happy times here. About our policy of the payments, it is stating online that all charges are due upon check in. I wonder what was so wrong about the policy that made you upset from the begin with.
About mold in our bath tub complaint was never addressed to any attendants as we would like to check it our selves. We are so sure about our cleanliness that we offer free night stay if you find any such thing. And I don't think I would take a shower with my shoes on under any circumstances !!!! Our breakfast serves verity of pastries, doughnuts, fruits, milk- cereals, waffles, bagel, cream cheese, orange & apple juice , hot chocolate etc. Talking about stale cereal is really some statement as we just get done with cereal almost everyday & we DO NOT carry extra large cereal container that would hold 10 bags of cereal. We have a smaller container to hold just one box of cereal at a time.
The cleaning supply we use is not any concentrated non brand liquid but SCRUBBING BUBBLE , LYSOL & PLEDGE for cleaning. Our rooms are inspected daily & we keep a log.
We want to raise our bar to a level where our guests are just safer & happier. If there is any questions & or concerns regarding the stay, please come to the office clerk or speak to the manager.

Management / Milton Motel Hershey

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Mastic Beach, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2012

i just returned from a trip to Hershey. We had eight people with us. We had two motel rooms. I booked under the assumption that this was a plain, but clean and decent motel. When I got there, I immediately wanted to leave. The place is very run down and old. Everything was dirty. I was afraid to put my feet on the floor inside the room. Even though they knew that eight people were staying in the two rooms, every day there was only one or two towels and one shampoo. We repeatedly had to ask for towels and shampoo, and then we got an attitude from the manager. In one of our rooms, we noticed that even thought the door locked, if you pushed it, you could open it without the key. I went to the "lobby" to inform them that the door lock was broken. The woman behind the desk asked me "what did I want her to do about it?" I told her that I wanted it fixed. She informed me that she would have to get someone to go to a hardware store and it could take a few days. I told her that was unacceptable. She then informed me that it wasn't her problem.

The next morning the toilet in my room would not flush. When informed, I was told that we had too many problems and we used too many towels. (they gave us two every day, we had to beg for more). There was no bath mat. The TV only got 3 channels. The rest all said that we would have to call dish network to order.

The only reason I stayed and didn't leave was that they charged my entire stay before I arrived and would not refund any money. I wanted to get out immediately, but couldn't afford to pay for 4 hotel rooms..

Also, they advertise free continental breakfast. Well, the coffee was see through. The container that held the muffins looked like it hadn't been washed EVER, and the waffles were put in a nasty looking bowl and were all gross looking. Needless to say, we had to go out every morning for breakfast.

I noticed that on this site, whenever someone has a negative review, the "manager" apologizes and makes excuses.

stay away from this "bates motel" Dirty, old, rundown. The pool had a bra and underwear in it. YUCK

Room Tip: don't go to this place
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mwmsc67
NikhilMerchant, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Well thank you for your review. We take each review very seriously. We are sorry to hear your experience with us.
1- Door lock complaint was answered immidiately as our maintenance man Bill looked at it & the door was left ajar. He did make sure that room lock was working fine & showed the guests it was ok.
2- About the cleanliness of our property, we have daily log & rooms are inspected thoroughly by management. We are aware of the daily use of the rooms & so we shampoo carpets every 2 to 3 weeks to maintain cleanliness. We keep all records for our maintenance.
3- the guests had complaints about not providing enough towels in their rooms. We ususally have 4 towels in each room but guests probably used them at the pool & so they were provided addtional towels as per need.
In any case , we do maintain the quality the guests would expect from us & most our guests are very happy to be back next time whenever they are in HERSHEY area.

Management
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The milton was very welcoming start to finish and extremely polite. Good thing i checked in at the motel before making my way around hershey because they hooked me up with a map aswell as coupons and great dining ideas. The motel is in a perfect location and very quite at night. i was at the motel during the summer and even the motel pool was past expectations. there is also a great resturaunt next door called Dukes. Anyone who needs a place to put the kids to sleep after hershey park or even a business man this motel is a class act.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for the review. It was a pleasure serving you . We want to make sure all our guests are served personally & we meet their expectations. Look foraward to seeing again whever you are in Hershey or near by area.

Thanks
Management
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2012

If you are looking for all three check this Motel out!!! Great place. We were on visit of Hershey and surrounding wound up in this place and glad we did. Its very near to the Park and all good stuff Hershey has to offer. Overall good staying experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family