“NEVER AGAIN!!”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Me and my family stayed here during our visit to Hershey Park and it was disgusting!! The bed linens were stained. Towels had holes in them. Room service didn't come for two entire days. and when my family went to breakfast, everything was gone. I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.

Room Tip: find a room that is not cheap, but not that expensive
3  Thank Kathy W

Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this room online through a discounted advertiser giving me one price, once I got their with my family and went to pay for the room the motel added almost ten dollars more for something they like to call "Other added subcharges" this means they can for just because they can reasons increase the price...Well with driving as far as we did and it being Hershey park area we paid the price..Then as I looked around and saw the pool with the DUCT TAPED lining unpeeling away, dirty laundry linens that mounded up in piles right outside our door along with lined up folded bed cotts as if the outside of our room was some sort of storage supply closet area. I was discusted the fact that they added on hidden fees yet do not hide what they really should Hide...their "ghettoness"!!!! Hey use that extra money you jacked from us and fix your pool, get some real tables by the pool side instead of those one's that look like they came out of a prison yard...cemented tables with broken umbrellas..no make that an umbrella..only two tables one broken umbrella available with that classic matching DUct Tape finishing look to it. JUST POOR Quality given with way over charging guests . After two weeks My feet are still stained black because yes I went daringly barefoot through the room paying that price of still scrubbing them away . Everytime I look down at my feet I hear the Rolling STone's song "Painted Black" Please do yourself a favor look elsewhere to stay.

3  Thank Theresa T
Reviewed 16 August 2012

first I want to say the pictures on the web are NOTHING what it looks like for one the pool is held together with duck tape around the liner. the rooms were in major need of a over hall all blankets had holes and rips and bedding was stained rooms smelled like I don't know what . The free WiFi was there D-Link hanging out of a opened window. and very hard to get. There are no HD TV's mattress are old and lumpy. The room were you check in was covered in flies there was even a fly trap mind you that is were the food is. also they had dirty bedding and mattress and chairs couches and so on in the corner of the parking lot The lady at the front desk was very nice and did try her best to accommodate us and switch rooms but nothing help you can not change the unchangeable . The price was $145 a night and this motel was a $40 price range left the same day I checked in was not putting my family in danger from the unhealthy conditions .

Room Tip: NON stay away
5  Thank tracy c
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Stay away from this hotel! It is terrible! The bed sheets and bed spread were stained. The steps going upstairs are dangerous. There is metal on the edge of the steps and the rug on the steps is very worn and faded. I tripped going up the steps due to the poor condition of them. We even had to ask for toilet paper and soap as there was hardly any in the room. As for the continental breakfast, it was a joke! There was only dry cereal in the small office. No place to even eat. Do not stay here! It was extremely over priced for the poor quality.

Room Tip: Don't stay here or you will be sorry.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank H B
Reviewed 13 August 2012

my family stayed this weekend for a last minute trip to hershey. i had read the reviews and addressed any concerns i had with the manager/owner nick before coming. he could not have been nicer and more accomodating. we had a room with 2 queen beds. the room was basic, had a desk, a chair, a mini fridge, microwave, bathroom... all was fine. the ac was working. the room was quiet, we were not disturbed by any noises from other rooms. we spent a morning down at the pool which is right on property. the owner came over to us to check in and make sure all was ok. we gave some recommendations on how to better the property and he listened and made some notes which was great. you can not beat the price or the location. it is right next to dukes which is a great restaurant and down the street from bread and cheese which is great for breakfast (home made!). the breakfast offered by the hotel in the morning is simple and great to grab a coffee, juice or frozen waffle. easy.
we would stay here again as for the price you cannot beat it. it is not a luxury hotel but the owner has great intentions and i think over time the hotel will continue to get better.

1  Thank nycchicky
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Went for a weekend with my girlfriend to relax. This was are third time there and would definitely stay again! The staff is so helpful and checking in/out is so easy. This time we stayed we were actually surprised with an upgrade and had the best time. For the price, you can't beat this hotel. Would recommend to anyone staying on a budget!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2012

My famiy and I arrived to a front desk and waited in the office for over twenty minutes before anyone waited on us. As for the complementary breakfast, it's a toaster in the office which is not much larger than your run of the mill bathroom. There was a box with stale cereal and that was it. The pool was dirty- not just debris on the bottom but floating trough out the water. They made us pay right when we checked in, as a guarantee that you don't ask for your money back or skip out. ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING conditions. the shower curtain had black mold as well as the toilets and bathroom floor. I showered with my shoes on. not to mention the fact that were not lamp shades on half of the lights in our room. Do not stay here if you have any decency.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank xokatie
NikhilMerchant, Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

We thank you for your review. Well, it is unfortunate that you had not so happy times here. About our policy of the payments, it is stating online that all charges are due upon check in. I wonder what was so wrong about the policy that made you upset from the begin with.
About mold in our bath tub complaint was never addressed to any attendants as we would like to check it our selves. We are so sure about our cleanliness that we offer free night stay if you find any such thing. And I don't think I would take a shower with my shoes on under any circumstances !!!! Our breakfast serves verity of pastries, doughnuts, fruits, milk- cereals, waffles, bagel, cream cheese, orange & apple juice , hot chocolate etc. Talking about stale cereal is really some statement as we just get done with cereal almost everyday & we DO NOT carry extra large cereal container that would hold 10 bags of cereal. We have a smaller container to hold just one box of cereal at a time.
The cleaning supply we use is not any concentrated non brand liquid but SCRUBBING BUBBLE , LYSOL & PLEDGE for cleaning. Our rooms are inspected daily & we keep a log.
We want to raise our bar to a level where our guests are just safer & happier. If there is any questions & or concerns regarding the stay, please come to the office clerk or speak to the manager.

Management / Milton Motel Hershey