“$60 for a King Suite was $40 too much”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Baltimore, MD
“$60 for a King Suite was $40 too much”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I were in Hershey to see the Hershey Bears. Needing only one night - I went on the cheap. When we got there, we were "upgraded" to a King suite (room 34). My biggest complaint is the bathroom sink didn't have a faucet. On our way to the front desk, we jumped over a cord to a fan/heater (not sure which it was) that was precariously situated on the ice maker. No way we were interested in any ice after seeing that. We told the woman at the front desk about the lack of a faucet by showing her the picture you see here. All she did was apologize. No offer to move us to different room. We should've pushed for one, but who knew what the "new" room would be like. We used the hand sanitizer I have in my purse each time after we used the toilet. In general, the entire place is run down. The three pillows on the bed were so flat that I used my coat as a pillow. Our mattress wasn't a pillow top one as they advertise. Didn't get under the covers as we were questioning the cleaniness of the entire place. There was no hair dryer in our room. The sofa in the suite was old and not comfortable. There were stains on the towels. Express check-out is you putting your key into a mailbox. Not sure about the 5 star reviews - maybe they are only used to camping in a tent.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jspoke
NikhilMerchant, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Thank you for your review. We are truly sorry to learn an unpleasant experience during your stay. Our maintenance man forgot to report the broken knob on the vanity faucet. We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. We acknowledge that desk clerk should have offered another room instead. We are committed to provide clean, comfortable & safe facility & we are working on it as we are renovating entire facility during this time. Please do come back whenever you are in the Hershey area & we will make sure that you will have nothing but a pleasant experience.

Milton Motel Hershey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a great motel to stay in, the price is awesome. The staff was helpful and was always friendly. The rooms were nice and very well kept. Its in a great location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank babbigirl
It was a pleasure to see your review & learn about your pleasant stay. Many of our happy guests forget to write & so we thank you for your review. Yes, the location, the amenities, the comfort & the price we offer to our guests that we we proud of. We are committed to providing clean & comfortable rooms as we advertise. We will do our best to be able to make every guests' stay , a pleasant stay.

Thanks
Management @
Reviewed 27 December 2012

I love this place. When my family and I visit Hershey this is where we stay. They have great service and are very helpful. The rooms are always clean and its right next to dukes a great place to eat. Prices are fair and you couldnt ask for a better deal.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank lexmcorp
Thank you for your AWESOME review as it encourages our staff to be more committed to do their job RIGHT. It has always been a pleasure to serve you as you have always enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the inputs.

Thanks again.
Management @
penbrook
Reviewed 27 December 2012

This place is awesome. The prices are great and right on the boarder of palmyra and hershey. Great location, and even better service. This is the only place I stay when I am in Hershey. The customer service is friendly and always willing to do whatever it takes to make you happy. Highly recommend this motel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexander m
We appriciate your input & pleased to know you liked our service. We are committed to providing courteouse service no matter what time you may need it. It is our pleasure to serve you & look froward to seeing you in future wheneve you are in Hershey area. Just to inform you that we will be updating our facility during the winter & so by mid spring, we will have better furnished rooms etc.

Thanks again for your review as we expect all our guests to write their experience with us.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Can't beat the price to stay in beautiful Hershey, Pa. or taking a break from the road for the night. Very friendly, helpful management that makes you feel right at home. Locally owned and operated. I travel to this area about 4 times a year to visit family and have stayed at several (high dollar) Hotels. None compare! Do yourself a favor...make this your Home-awayfrom-Home sure to make your trip stress free and fun!

Room Tip: Close to LVMall, Hershey attractions and Hollywood Casino!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Catitude53
Thank you for your review as it helps our future guests to make a better decisions choosing the right place for their stay. It was a pleasure to serve you & hope to see you whenever you need lodging in Hershey area.

Thanks you again.
Mmilton Motel Hershey
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Desk staff was helpful .. Was a good overall stay and I would use this place again. The maid service is a little sporadic but got the job done in any case. The location is excellent and central to the things to do in Hershey . The price is worth it for the location alone.

• Stayed November 2012
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I wish I could give this place 0 stars but that's obviously not an option.

I made a reservation here online for a room with a full sized bed for 50.00. When I got there the lady at the front desk had no records of my reservation so I wrote down my info. She said she had a room with a King Sized, she showed me the room and it was NASTY, it SMELLED, the sheets and pillow cases looked liked they hadn't been washed in a while, the shower had dirt in it, the showerhead looked like it was missing, there were tiles from the roof missing..and worst of all the room was FREEZING!!! But you know what, I'm usually not picky and I just needed a cheap place to stay. So I said what the hell to it and said go ahead and charge me.

She wrote down all my info, and was about to charge me the rate of 69.00!!! Even though I had booked it for 50.00. . She said she was charging me more because it was a King. I argued with her and she said fine, and that she would show me the Full...when we got to the room, the bed covers weren't made, the tv was still on...the room had obviously not even been cleaned! So I said screw this and wanted to get the hell out of there, and she refused to give me my credit card back! finally after 20 minutes of arguing with her I just let her charge me 25.00 dollars for cancellation fee even though she lost my reservation originally!

Bottom line is, 25.00 dollars was well worth getting the hell out of that place. Save yourself some health and avoid that place at all costs. There is a Ramada and Candlewood suites 10 miles away in Harrisburg, just do that instead. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Go to Harrisburg (10 miles away...ease drive). There are plenty of hotels there to pick from that a...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Biskit20
Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologise for not having been able to accomodate you properly. The front desk clerk was a new person & was not able to find the reservation promptly. We are undergoing some rennovations & she probably showed the rooms that were getting some work done. She offered some upgraded room with king bed sleeper sofa which is priced between $69 & $119 per night. Unfortunately we were not able to convince you to stay & she had to charge a small cancellation fees. We regret for the experience you had with us & would like to make it up to you in future. Please stop by & check the rooms etc. , we assure you to have pleasant stay with a good discounted rate. Again we thank you for your input & we will make sure that it will not happen again.

Thanks very much.
Milton Motel Hershey

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels