“Now a Rodeway Inns and Suites-Please Note- Still Terrible”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is an old motel conversion in a very bad location. I came here after booking through the Choice Hotels website and was definitely mislead by the pictures on the website. They tried to charge me twice as much as what I booked for but when I showed them my confirmation receipt she took away the room she had assigned me and gave me a different room. This room was very small with one small double bed and very cramped! Had an overwhelming odor of cigarette smoke. They took a old trashy room and threw some new wallpaper on it. Two vertical boards double as a place to hang clothes and beneath the hangers is a very small, iced over fridge. No coffee maker like the website promised. The latch on the window was broken off so would not lock. No bag for the ice bucket and no drinking cups. The bathroom ceiling is full of water stains and falling apart. All the caulking is pulling away and the "new" floor is lifting up. This is literally the worst dump I have ever stayed in. There is a coffee pot and some cheap pastries on a counter in the very small office so that is the "free continental breakfast". It is in a horrible, sketchy location with cliental with all kinds of tattoos and body piercings hanging outside their rooms and smoking. There is a lot of street noise and parking lot noise.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank WPMOM09

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Its a cool place to go and great for groups. In a great location for trips to hershey. The staff was friendly and helpful. They left the pool open for us even after Labor Day which was nice of them. This is our new place to go as a family when we visit Hershey.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Epsrun
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Im a coach and have been bringing my team here for years.The stay was great. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This location is close to the park, the rooms are clean and Nick leaves the pool open for us after Labor Day which is very accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Horrible, from A to Z. Nothing was right, absolutely nothing. Not worth even 10 dollars (and I paid 90 per night!). The bed was extremely small and the mattress extremely soft - as a matter of fact, I could not sleep the first night (and the second night I slept only because I was exhausted from the previous sleepless night). No place to hang your clothes. Everything was old. The breakfast was a joke - even the coffee was undrinkable. Our door didn't even have the number on, that's how poor the maintainance is. Just stay away and go spend 90 dollars somewhere else (anything is better!).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StefaniaPavia
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our stay was AMAZING!! Super close to Hershey Park and Chocolate world! We booked the room with two queen beds and it was clean and the bed was super clean and comfy! I've read other reviews and I don't know why anyone would give a bad one. Our room was great and the pool is nice! Honestly we did NOT have ONE bug in our room...maybe the cheap ones are bad but ours WAS NOT!

Room Tip: choose the room with two queen beds..room 46
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra L
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My visit to Hershey Park would never have been the same if I stayed an hour longer at this motel.
I checked the room prior to paying and thought it was a pretty decent room for the price....but oh no when I got the key and settled in every bug you can name came crawling out from crevices. Not only moths, but grasshoppers were under the bed and these little silver crawly things were crawling up my boyfriends leg while in bed. Worst experience ever we packed our stuff and got our money back and decided Days Inn will have to do. Do yourself a favor unless your into the whole bug fetish thing DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashley S
Reviewed 6 August 2013

My biggest gripe is that I booked this room through Expedia for $95 & accidentally put in the wrong dates. I called Expedia right away to see if I could switch the dates. Expedia called the motel they said no (the room was non-refundable). I called the Motel myself, dealt with Sandy (who is very nice), but the only way I was able to convince them to switch my dates was to pay $250.00 (which I really did NOT have) for a room that was worth maybe $75. I'm extremely upset about this because I could've gotten a REALLY nice room at a good hotel for $250.00, I feel scammed. But it was KIND OF my own fault so I cant get too mad at the motel. Easy way to make money to play off of peoples mistakes but hey its a business.

The property:
Pros: Close to Hershey Park, some amazing restaurants on the same street. If you DONT get robbed, & just pay the normal room rate, its a good price. Sandy the receptionist is nice. I like the little cute benches outside of the rooms. Overall the room was pretty clean, no bugs, no dirt. Flat screen TV. AC.

Cons: Broken iron, no ironing board. When we arrived there were no towels but Sandy took care of it when I called the front desk. There is a wooden sliding door to the bathroom (like a closet door). I was taller than the shower head and I'm 5'2. Pillows were small & not very comfortable. Continental breakfast is borderline funny, its right next to the front desk with 2 little tables, we didn't even go. But like I said a lot of great restaurants nearby. The door handle wouldn't turn it was difficult to get in and out of the room.

I would not stay here again simply for the fact that they unfairly charged me an outrageous amount of money for a cheap room. & its a shame because they people were actually friendly & I like to go back to places like that. You wont gain any fans by being greedy though.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple