“Just okay”
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
NJ
“Just okay”
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Clean rooms and less expensive than many other chain hotels/motels in Hershey. But the building is older and on a main road so it was a little noisy. We heard our downstairs neighbors very loudly. When we called to ask management to handle it, no one was in the office or answering the given phone number to use for problems. No one showed up on site until we were leaving at 8am.
Close to Hershey attractions and, if you prefer, many non-touristy restaurants. If you are on a tight budget, it is ok, but I am not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank familytravel13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed 17 January 2008

I stayed at this motel with my husband and 3 year old. This motel is a step above motels. It was clean and updated. The staff was very courteous. The refrigerator and coffee maker made it convenient. It had a microwave also which we did not use but looked new. The stay was pleasant. I will definitely come back. If you are looking for a place to stay and do not need anything extravagant, I would recommend coming here.

• Liked — Convenience to Hershey and cleanliness
  • Disliked — No continental breakfast
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank CCB_Vacationer
Phoenixville
Reviewed 17 December 2007

I wanted a place where I did not see anyone, like at a big hotel, and this was perfect. The motel is family owned. Right away, I felt welcome. The family was warm and very courteous. I felt like I was in a country store. The room was very clean and had a microwave, fridge and vcr/dvd player. The standing shower was very wide and clean. The beds were very comfortable and there was even a nice desk in our room. Perfect. We did have a power outage due to an ice storm on Sunday at 4:30 AM until we left for the morning but so did the Comfort Inn so it was not there fault. In the AM, the owner came and gave us glow sticks. I will stay there again. This is not the place to stay if you want a resort-like hotel but it is nice if you are on a budget and like comfort and privacy.

• Liked — Family owned it
  • Disliked — No pay per view movies
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank keosgirl
Richmond,VA
Reviewed 28 November 2007

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided try White Rose ourselves, we were not disappointed! The motel was very clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Our room had a fridge, microwave, and DVD player! I will stay at the White Rose again and especially recommend it to those traveling with children.

• Liked — Clean room, friendly staff
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Vickie_M
nj
Reviewed 27 November 2007

This hotel is absolutely horrible. i sent my 23 year old daughter to check in whil i went down the street and they wouldnt let her! when i came back she said they dont rent to teenagers. when i said she was 3 they replied with, you have to be about 30ish. 30ish?! seriously?!? they dont even have a set age! they apparently dont rent to highschool or college age kids even though i was in college till i was 32! this was the worst motel ever. the customer service was Vile!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The terrible people working there
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank scttshlssy
10whiterose60, Owner/Manager at White Rose Motel, responded to this review, 11 December 2007
This incident never happened at the White Rose Motel.

PA
Reviewed 18 November 2007

This review is a little late. We stayed at the White Rose in late August 2007, I was very impressed with how clean the room was. Loved the fridge and microwave. It was nice to look at menus menus of nearby restaurants. I loved that the motel was family owned. It reminded me of the types of motels I stayed at as a child. I even enjoyed sitting outside my motel room in the chairs provided by the motel. The first floor rooms had rocking chairs. I was on the second floor. I am afraid these ma and pa motels are part of a dying breed. I plan to enjoy this motel the next time I am in Hershey. Close to everything and very clean!!!! Highly recommend it!

• Liked — How clean and up to date the room was
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
3 Thank palmtreequeen
West Chester, PA
Reviewed 22 October 2007

We stayed here on a Saturday night for Hershey Park In the Dark. This hotel is less than a 10 minute drive to the park, very close and convenient. We stayed here after reading great reviews on this site, and we were not disappointed. The best part was the price, as we stayed at overpriced Hershey Lodge last time. White Rose Motel's AAA rate came to $82 with tax, which is hard to beat. The room was very comfortably sized for the 3 of us, with nice furnishings and a vanity/sink area that is separate from the rest of the bathroom. We were really impressed with how clean the room was, and the motel itself had nice little fall decorations all around the outside. I honestly don't have a single complaint about this motel - everything went smoothly and the woman behind the counter was extremely friendly and helpful when we checked in and needed change for the soda machine later on. For a good price, you get a quaint, clean, well-run motel in the heart of Hershey.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Like most motels, no indoor pool
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family