“Great place!”
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I recently spent 3 nights at the White Rose Motel and they couldnt have been more comfortable. The accomodations were terrific. I didnt want a 'chain' hotel atmosphere and this was the best! I tend to patronize 'the little guy' and while this was a small motel it was totally worth it and made the 'big guys' pale in comparison!
The room was spectacularly clean, and quiet. I didnt hear any road noise or noise from other guests. The microwave, refrigerator and dvd/vcr were great extra's.
The BEST thing however were the owners. They couldnt have been more accomodating. Very nice and helpful. Super travel guides with great recommedations for dining and shopping!
I would not hesitate to stay here again and again!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michstamps

Reviewed 11 May 2008

At roughly $80 per night (with the AAA discount), you obviously haven't paid for much more than the basics, and the White Rose Motel delivers a little more than that. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean; the check-in & check-out process was efficient.

The only odd thing I noticed is that I was charged for my entire stay up front when I checked in, which I found a little odd. It wasn't a big deal, though.

Where the White Rose Motel goes above the basics is that nice microwave oven and refrigerator provided in the room. The fridge is significantly larger than your typical mini-fridge. If you were staying for a week, you could probably go to the grocery store and stock up well-enough to eat most meals in your room.

We were only staying for the weekend, so we didn't need to do that, but I could see how that could come in handy in that situation where you were trying to avoid the costs of eating out on an extended vacation.

I also liked the fact that they made the effort to get real menus from each of the local restaurants, so you could use those to decide where you wanted to eat. They also have a laundry room on site that we didn't use, but that might also be helpful for some folks travelling with kids.

I'd say the White Rose Motel is one of the best values in Hershey, but you obviously shouldn't be expecting the services that you get in Marriott/Sheraton/Hyatt kind of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 11 February 2008

Clean rooms and less expensive than many other chain hotels/motels in Hershey. But the building is older and on a main road so it was a little noisy. We heard our downstairs neighbors very loudly. When we called to ask management to handle it, no one was in the office or answering the given phone number to use for problems. No one showed up on site until we were leaving at 8am.
Close to Hershey attractions and, if you prefer, many non-touristy restaurants. If you are on a tight budget, it is ok, but I am not sure I'd stay again.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank familytravel13
Reviewed 17 January 2008

I stayed at this motel with my husband and 3 year old. This motel is a step above motels. It was clean and updated. The staff was very courteous. The refrigerator and coffee maker made it convenient. It had a microwave also which we did not use but looked new. The stay was pleasant. I will definitely come back. If you are looking for a place to stay and do not need anything extravagant, I would recommend coming here.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank CCB_Vacationer
Reviewed 17 December 2007

I wanted a place where I did not see anyone, like at a big hotel, and this was perfect. The motel is family owned. Right away, I felt welcome. The family was warm and very courteous. I felt like I was in a country store. The room was very clean and had a microwave, fridge and vcr/dvd player. The standing shower was very wide and clean. The beds were very comfortable and there was even a nice desk in our room. Perfect. We did have a power outage due to an ice storm on Sunday at 4:30 AM until we left for the morning but so did the Comfort Inn so it was not there fault. In the AM, the owner came and gave us glow sticks. I will stay there again. This is not the place to stay if you want a resort-like hotel but it is nice if you are on a budget and like comfort and privacy.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank keosgirl
Reviewed 28 November 2007

After reading reviews on Trip Advisor we decided try White Rose ourselves, we were not disappointed! The motel was very clean and the staff was friendly and very helpful. Our room had a fridge, microwave, and DVD player! I will stay at the White Rose again and especially recommend it to those traveling with children.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank Vickie_M
Reviewed 27 November 2007

This hotel is absolutely horrible. i sent my 23 year old daughter to check in whil i went down the street and they wouldnt let her! when i came back she said they dont rent to teenagers. when i said she was 3 they replied with, you have to be about 30ish. 30ish?! seriously?!? they dont even have a set age! they apparently dont rent to highschool or college age kids even though i was in college till i was 32! this was the worst motel ever. the customer service was Vile!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank scttshlssy
10whiterose60, Owner/Manager at White Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2007

This incident never happened at the White Rose Motel.