“Chocolate Cottage- great place to spread out”
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
“Chocolate Cottage- great place to spread out”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Chocolate Cottage was a great find while we were attending a lacrosse tournament. I have stayed in high end hotels and rather sparse accommodations. I liked the cottage because it was extremely clean and we were able to spread out as grandparents were with us too. The pool was great for the kids, the back yard was great, and the park was so convenient. We appreciated the ideas for eating out as the food was fabulous at many of the local restaurants. It was also extremely convenient to all the sights. If you like to be pampered this may not be the place, but if you like reasonable rates and clean accomodations then this will work for you. I would stay again!

1 Thank Beth H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Waynesboro, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Staying at this property is a little like taking a step back to a simpler time. A time when all you needed was a bed, bath and having a color tv and a pool outside were the big perks. Set your expectations there and you will be delighted with this little gem. It was as clean as the other reviews indicated but was not perfect as I saw some mildew in our bathroom. However, the sheets and bedding were all very clean, the carpet was new, the fridge and microwave were lovely conveniences, the DVD player was an added bonus and it was just what we needed. No more, no less. I do think the walls are a little thin so light sleepers beware but everyone else will enjoy this property if they enjoy a more nostalgic ambience for their vacation location.

Room Tip: Please note: there is no elevator to the second floor. This motel really is from the days when "...
Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mgremlin
Niagara Falls, New York
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Very nice people and a very comfortable small house/cottage. We stayed an entire week and loved every minute of it. Kids were thrilled to have their own bedroom and we really enjoyed spreading out with all the comforts of home. We stayed at the Carcas cottage and it was wonderful. Nice surroundings, could walk to park and playground, enjoyed the pool every single night as well. The kids chased fireflies around the lawn each night-pretty cool. Front and back sitting areas and very quiet dead end road. We would stay here again without a doubt, matter of fact we will!!!! This place is wonderful!!!!

Nice living room furniture and A/C worked wonderful in 100 degree heat!!!!

Room Tip: I highly recommend a cottage if you have a family, what a treat!! Worth every extra $...
3 Thank jen p
maryland
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We literally stayed in our room to shower and sleep after an entire day at Hershey Park - my review is based on the 12 hours we were actually in our room.

I chose this establishment based on the reviews and , although I agree with the comments about the location and friendly attitudes of the front office ladies, I can't help but wonder about the WOW comments.

The location is great, the office ladies were indeed helpful and friendly, the motel does have some nostalgic charm ( I cannot remember the last time I used an actual key for the door) , our room was very clean and tidy, beds were comfortable. The motel is, however, very dated so the noise- proofing is low (we could hear the shower and flushing toilet of the room adjacent to ours) and the a/c was pretty loud.

We needed a clean place to sleep and this motel suited these needs just fine. I do wonder, however, if $135 / night per room was the best value for what we got.

No complaints tho!

3 Thank shardog
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We stayed at the White Rose Motel for 2 nights while visiting Hershey Park with a 5 year old. I chose White Rose because there were so many reviews talking about how clean the rooms are and the rate was the cheapest I found. Very clean rooms, easy check-in experience, great location, mini-fridge/microwave in room, and we enjoyed the pool. No breakfast, but several restaurants are just down the road. I highly recommend the Hershey Pantry, just a minute or two away (closed on Sunday).

1 Thank Allison T
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 July 2013

we stayed for 3 nights, the hotel is a small privately owned property with only about 20 rooms, the staff/owners were chatty but I wouldn't say they were overly friendly or helpful, we asked for some restaurant suggestions and they directed us to an area at one end of the parking lot with menus for area eatery's but really didn't offer any personal recommendations, the room was nice enough for a local motel and would have been a great value at $35 a night, unfortunately I payed $135 a night, which was actually more than the local hotel chains but I decided to go for the white rose based on its high trip advisor rating, all and all not a bad stay but certainly nothing special, I guess I just don't understand the mystic of Hershey as my entire trip seemed slightly underwhelming, all I know is I just came back from a business trip in vegas for the same length and payed far less for a 5 star hotel and got far more. my wife said she would stay at the white rose again unfortunately she might be staying there without me because the chain hotel down the street has my vote, it was less expensive and gave me a free breakfast too.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank huronohio
new jersey
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Satyed here for our Hershey Park trip. Very nice mom-and-pop place, almost feels like a B&B rather than a motel. The owner gives out a map and a lot of helpful information, including local menus. There is no breakfast, but Hershey Pantry is right up the road, or you can have a cheap breakfast at Chocolate World. Rooms are bigger than expected (we had the one with 2 beds, and it's as big as most "regular" hotels. Bathroom is full size, with a bath tub; the sink is outside. Toiletries are basic; bring your own if you're particular. Pool is small, but clean; towels and life jackets are provided- great for an evening swim after a hot day. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Second floor is very quiet, but the stairs are quite steep going up.
2 Thank masha99