“Homey Spotless Welcoming & Secure, I didn't want to leave!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of White Rose Motel

White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Greenbackville, Virginia
“Homey Spotless Welcoming & Secure, I didn't want to leave!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Traveling alone can be harrowing but not here! Clean and safe, I could rocking chair on my street level porch to enjoy the pool, gardens & spreading oak without concern for my safety 'cause owners are spot-on aware of the property. The personal touches of stenciling artwork of each door are an outward expression of their personal attention to detail & cleanliness. I was so confident, pleased & relaxed in the atmosphere they could accommodate my request for staying an extra day! I already booked for next year! The Grimm family is a National Treasure!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ramyjo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Seminole, Fl
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I tried booking this hotel for a 2 day stay in Hershey. After problems with the website, could not tell if reservation even made it through. No email confirmation, nothing. Tried phoning, heard different price on phone message and asked for a return phone call. No response. Still did not know if the reservation even made it through. On 6/18, after 3 weeks of no response to my 2 previous phone calls, left message to cancel if in fact the reservation had been made. No response. Booked Days inn at jonestown/lebanon, nicer and only a few minutes further. Found out the next week that my CC had been charged for a nights stay. Tried calling again, left message with their overnight answering service for a return phone call. Still no communication. I will also be contacting AAA. This was a great place that I stayed at 10 years ago but the lack of communication and still charge me, is unthinkable. Days Inn was much more reasonable and affordable for a very nice room.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Protoceratops
MotelOwnerHershey_PA, Owner at White Rose Motel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
This guest booked an online reservation 5-28-13 at 3:26 PM. She received an online web email confirmation immediately and an online web email reservation. She wrote a question at the bottom of the online email reservation (we received a copy as well) and we promptly anwered her question on 5-29-13 at 8:20 AM by responding to the email address she provided.
We never heard back from her after we replied to her question and we never received an email from the online system stating that her email confirmation and/or reservation failed to deliver to the email address she provided. We never heard from her asking to resend a confirmation.
She was scheduled to arrive for a two day stay on 8-3-13; she hadn't arrived when the office closed so we initiated our late arrival guest check-in procedures. She never showed for the room. The following morning we released her room for the second night and put through the first night's charge as a "No Show."
On 8-6-13, she called our motel and got through to our answering service at 5:50 AM as the office was closed. The answering service promptly faxed us a message that a guest tried to call us. When we opened the office at 7:30 AM on 8-6-13, we called her and left a message to call us back. We never heard from her until this review.
I believe all our procedures are in place for communication with guests. We have been using the same communication and documentation procedures since 1982 (when things work you don't change them). Something broke down on her end.
Batavia, New York
Reviewed 10 August 2013

My two girlfriends and I booked this hotel about five months ago for the Justin Timberlake concert. We thought it pricey, but close to the park and fitting to our needs. After checking into the room, we had to call down to the front office to POLITELY say that there were stains on the sheets and hairs on the sink. The owner came up to our room to check it out. We pointed out the stains and were offered an explanation of rust and a change of sheets. Once shown the hairs on/in the sink and after (politely) expressing our dissatisfaction, we were told if we weren't happy we weren't welcome. The situation was escalated quickly by the owner raising her voice and repeatedly telling us to leave. We were confused. Were we to understand that because we wanted a cleaner room, we were being asked to leave? Yes. The owner said that customer satisfaction is their "thing," she works from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m., her housekeepers only work three hours a day, she was exhausted, and her daughter had a migraine. All we were looking for was a break on the room price and a clean place to sleep. My friend repeatedly told her we were five hours from home and had nowhere to stay. This didn't seem to phase her at all. Luckily one of us had family nearby that were able to take us in on extremely short notice. They voided the sale, but refused to give me a receipt for my records. For $168.50 a night, we expected a clean room and good customer service. We got neither. We were and still are in shock over the experience. I would recommend sleeping in your car over doing business here.

The previous review was written by my father, as we wanted everyone to know, as quickly as possible, this unbelievable experience. Everyone was NOT happy in the end, seeing as how we were five hours from home with nowhere to stay. The hair was not ours, so I'll add "calling us liars" to my lengthy list of complaints. I will be informing the BBB and Health Department.

Room Tip: Your car over any rooms here.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
15 Thank Lindsay H
NJ
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

This is our 3rd stay at this hotel and won't be our last. The location is awesome, the place is clean. My only complaint, and its not a deal breaker is they need to make sure the vents in the bathroom and on the a/c is vacuumed. It was not filthy by any means but could use a little attention for more efficiency. The staff is wonderful and always so pleasant and in my expierence goes above and beyond. The prices for their location are fantastic!!! We will be back on all our future visits!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank nch1112
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We stayed two nights. Our room was spotless. It functioned well as a place to sleep, dress, and go to the attractions.The people in the office checking in and checking out were as nice as could be. We didn't get a chance to use the pool because of some rain but it looked very nice and we would not have hesitated to use it. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you can not do a flight of steps book a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Gayle C
Reviewed 1 August 2013

The front office staff were very helpful with a late arrival and the next morning with directions and suggestions to make our trip more memorable.

The rooms were clean and quiet and the beds comfortable. The pool area was clean and there were even life-jackets for young guests.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank natureschild2
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 July 2013

WE stayed at the White Rose overnight and it was such a nice place. The rooms were clean, the pool was pristine, and the people were nice. We are hoping to go back to Hershey over the Christmas holidays and will stay at the White Rose again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family