“Great motel in Hershey”
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 31 July 2014

What a great motel in Hershey. We have stayed at a lot of the motels in Hershey and this one is the best! The owners were super friendly and accommodating to us arriving really late after spending the day in Hershey Park. They gave us some nice tips for the area. This place is super super clean which is very important to us. You can tell they really care about the place as it is keep very tidy and not falling apart. No smoking in rooms but in front of the rooms you can smoke and they have nice chairs to relax on. This place is really great and next time we are in Hershey we will so be staying here again and I will tell all my friends to stay here as well!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Regislive

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here based on other reviews, and we were not disappointed. The owners were very nice and helpful. They even gave us free admission tickets to some of the attractions. Nice pool and a great location. We will stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ptdonna
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed a total of 3 nights in July. The motel itself is very clean, but the shower was one of the worst I have ever taken. The water pressure was AWFUL, could not wash my hair. The beds and pillows are hard and not comfortable at all. Did not have much interaction with staff, but the woman at check in was friendly enough. Overall if we come back to Hershey I will try someplace else .

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 22 July 2014

First of all, I'm not a snob. I have stayed in older motels before and they've been fine. That's exactly what this one is and nothing more, so I don't understand the excellent reviews. And unfortunately, those excellent reviews on Trip Advisor is why we stayed there over a chain hotel/motel.

I booked this room, along with another one for my parents who were visiting us from California and I was embarrassed as I had told both them and my husband that the motel looked great from the pictures and it had stellar reviews. Once we got there and checked out the rooms, which had a very musty and odd smell, we all had a family meeting to discuss whether we wanted to stay somewhere else for the two nights we had booked. We all agreed that we would just stay and hopefully laugh about it later.

The beds are very hard, the pillows harder. They also have plastic on the beds which made us very hot while we were sleeping. The air conditioner worked well, but everything is so dated in the room I felt like I was back in 1974. They even had pull down window shades that I haven't seen since I was nine years old! My mom and stepfather were in room 3, which has a VERY tiny bathroom and what looked like a bathtub for a child under three. Or maybe it was just a shower. Still, very strange. And it was VERY stained. I wanted to take a picture to post but we left before I was able to.

The owners seemed nice, though we had little contact with them. The pool was sparkling clean and a perfect temperature which was nice and my boys had a nice time swimming there after a hot day at Hersheypark.

All in all, it wasn't horrible, but it certainly wasn't the "Excellent" motel that everyone is raving about. I waited a few days to write this review as I was feeling guilty that this is a family owned motel and that they work very hard to maintain this property and it just feels icky to give a lukewarm review. I did feel though that I wanted to let people know what they will really get when they arrive.

Room Tip: Don't stay in room 3!
8  Thank Laura E
MotelOwnerHershey_PA, Owner at White Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

We are sorry that you did not have a nice stay unlike most of our guests.

The bathtub in Room 3 was discolored by a guest who used permanent black hair dye and didn't rinse it out of the tub. By the time we found it in the morning, the dye had leached into the porcelain and couldn't be removed. The tubs are no longer available for replacement as they are the original bathtubs (small corner tubs for a small bathroom). Our only option is to spend $10,000 to replace the tub with a ceramic shower stall which we keep putting off due to the cost.

Our rooms are constantly updated with new furniture, lighting, and bedspreads so I don't understand the comment about the 1974 look. We do have pull down shades at the bathroom windows (what chain has a window in the bathroom these days?) and in some of the rooms. Most guests want a very dark room.

The beds are encased in special commercial bed bug protectors.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We headed up to Hershey on a whim and found this Motel online. We read some of the reviews and decided to give it a try.
The Room was very clean and the staff very helpful. We were both happy we decided to stay here.
Kids seemed to be enjoying the pool. Nicely landscaped and well manicured. We liked the Storm door also.

2  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

For the price you can't beat it. The rooms are clean and the staff is very nice. You'll like this place trust me. The place is family owned and operated. Well I liked about the rooms is that each one had a storm door a glass door which means it gave me a homey feel not that hotel agreed or effect they also have rocking chairs in front of ur room that were very comfortable. They even had pool towels that was special.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mark R
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here last week while visiting Hershey. Very clean and just what you need. The kids enjoyed the pool and the owners couldn't be more helpful and friendly. There was a bad storm that passed thru while we were there and knocked out power all over. We returned from dinner to a dark motel. It was bed time anyway so we got the kids settled and the owners daughter came aound to see if anybody needed anything and handed out light sticks so you had a little light in your rooms. i would most definetly stay here again and have told a few people already about our great stay!!!

2  Thank jenlovestravel