“Very clean, good price.”
Review of White Rose Motel

White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Salt Lake City, UT
“Very clean, good price.”
Reviewed 5 May 2009

The White Rose is an older, very well maintained, family owned and run motel. The size of the rooms (especially the bathroom) is not spacious. We had a king room and there wasn't a lot of floor space left to put our luggage, but we managed, and the price was worth the small inconvenience. The room was equipped the best it could possibly be considering what they had to work with. It was great for an overnight stay. The night we were there we were one of very few guests. We would stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 September 2008

Solid motel with all the ammenities you need. Clean and simple, nothing classy, nor does it try to be (especially for $75/night).

All rooms come with TV, VHS/DVD player, fridge, microwave, etc. Rooms are decent size, as are the bathrooms. Location is great, a mere 5 minute drive from Hershey Park. There's also a pool, which is seasonal. This is a family owned motel, and they couldn't have been nicer.

Unless you have the $400+ per night to blow to stay at the Hotel at Hershey, this is a great choice (and much better than those bland chains).

• Liked — Location, price, amenities, friendly staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 9 September 2008

My husband and I and our 2 and 4 year olds recently stayed for one night while visiting Hershey Park. The White Rose was exactly what we needed - a clean, comfortable, centrally located, reasonable room.

My biggest concern when searching online for a motel in Hershey was price and cleanliness and we were quite pleased on both fronts with the White Rose. The room was clean and well appointed, especially given the price (we paid $72 for a Saturday night stay).

The pool was closed as it was after Labor Day, but we were informed of this when making our reservation.

The motel is two stories and dragging a lot of luggage up stairs may be troublesome, but this was not an issue for us.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again on any subsequent trips to Hershey!

Oh, and if you're looking for discounted tickets to Hershey Park, the local grocery chain, Giant, sells them at customer service. They were even cheaper than getting them through AAA, so it's worth a trip to the local store in Hershey to pick them up.

• Liked — Value, location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
2 Thank LuckyMomNewJersey
Ewing, NJ
Reviewed 7 September 2008

very nice! The room was clean and comfortable. The location was really good. I was a little hesitant as we usually stay in name brand hotels but booked it based on the positive reviews and was very happy with it. It is directly on a main road and a few minutes from Hershey Park. We would definately go back-the room rate was much more reasonable then other hotels we looked at. We loved the pool,too! There is only a soda machine on site so access to food and snacks was the only thing missing-bring your own.

• Liked — clean, comfortable
  • Disliked — older building, bathroom could be updated
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank happylinny
Georgia
Reviewed 7 September 2008

Big family rooms. Clean and comfortable. Close to everything and service was excellent. We stayed 2 days. We did not use the pool. It was a very basic comfortable room.

• Liked — Big rooms
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 7 September 2008

OK, this is basically just likie a circa 1950's mom and pop American motel. Simple decor and furnishings. Large potted plants on the grounds. Rocking chairs on the walkway outside each room. Clean, even in the carpeted corners of the room, although the shower tile was stained. Quiet, except for the street noise, which wasn't enough to bother me. Nothing fancy.

The housekeeping is minimal. I stayed for 3 nights, and the best I could tell they did each day was rinse out the coffee pot, change the towels, replace the packet of shampoo that I used, and emptied the trash. They didn't make the bed.

The wireless that the motel advertises doesn't work. Neither I, nor the other guests that I talked to about it, said they could connect to the Net. I had to hook into the data port on the telephone and accessed my own AOL dialup.

Having the refrigerator and microwave was nice. The refrigerator was about twice the size of a typical hotel mini-bar fridge.

Overall, I liked the place. It had a comfortable, safe, homey feel. Would I stay here again? I don't know. Having high speed internet is priority for me. If they got the internet working, I would for sure stay here again. For the price, it was a good find.

Stayed September 2008
NYC
Reviewed 28 August 2008

I seriously debated whether or not to write a review, selfishly hoping to keep it a secret, but since I learned so much from TA reviewers, and I would like to wish the Grimm Family continued success, here it is!
We stayed in the Chocolate Cottage instead of booking 2 rooms, at Mrs. Grimm's suggestion. We were two single parent families, and the space was perfect! Full kitchen, living room and dining room, back yard and at the same price as 2 rooms!
From booking to checkout, everything was perfect! Everything was as other reviewers described, and a GREAT VALUE, so I won't repeat the descriptions and accolades. Staying in the cottage was very similar to staying at a Time Share. The only difference from staying in a room, is the maid service, things were basically left as we left them, and towels and trash were taken care of daily. I've stayed at the Suites at Hershey twice, and the Harrisburg Hilton, and dollar for dollar, the White Rose exceeded all my expectations. I particularly enjoyed the central AC, free wifi, free local and Long distance calls, and free extensive cable tv. And of course you can't beat the location!
This is a very family oriented establishment. By staying at the White Rose, our vacation was started off on a good foot and set the positive tone for our entire stay. We found everyone we encountered, at the park, the stores, the restaurants, and the town, to be wonderful friendly folks, pretty amazing considering the many types of personalities and sheer number of visitors that converge on this community seasonally! We will be back!
Read the comments and advice of the other reviewers carefully and you will be well prepared for your stay at either cottage at the White Rose.

• Liked — Location, amnenities, great value
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family