“A Family Owned Gem!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Belleville, NJ
“A Family Owned Gem!”
Reviewed 5 September 2007

This was our second stay at the White Rose Motel. We were impressed the first time and several years later, we were impressed again! A family owned gem! Very clean, well maintained rooms and property. They were always there if we needed directions, dining suggestions, or just a friendly chat.

• Liked — Personal attention and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — That I can't take the Whte Rose with me everywhere I travel!!!
2 Thank White-Squirrel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Boston
Reviewed 25 August 2007

The motel was spacious, for a family of 5. We brought a air mattress for one of my sons and it was fine with a sleeping bag. We knew there are no cots at the motel. 2 Queen beds were comfortable, enjoyed having a good size refrig, micorwave. Location is ideal to Hershey Park. White Rose is good deal compared to the overpriced noisy Hershey Lodge. The woman working at night was very nice she opened the pool for my family while it was raining. Also I would only call at night to ask questions before we arrived and after we arrived. The older woman who worked in the morning seemed annoyed if you asked more than one question in regards to directions,reservations or attractions. We stayed 4 nights and would definitely stay again for convenience/price and cleanliness. Funks restuarant for breakfast was the best. My son said it is favorite rest in the world! We ate there 4 mornings in a row and enjoyed sitting at the counter each time. Purchased tickets at the Giant for Hershey Park. Would recommend to a family on a budget like mine!

• Liked — Location
5 Thank decjuspey
El Segundo, California
Reviewed 11 August 2007

The White Rose Motel is a small family run motel on the edge of Hershey. Since Hershey is a small town it's still close to Hershey Park.

The room was small. There were four of us traveling, two adults and two kids. The room was a bit cramped and we kept bumping into each other. If you have a large family I'd recommend two rooms.

The shower had decent water pressure which is a bit unusal for a small motel, and the shower drained a bit slowly. The towels were thin and a bit scratchy. There was a coffee maker and fridge in the room (this is always a plus). The A/C was good but it was loud, kinda like sleeping on an airplane. The beds were fine, at least I didn't wake up with a sore back. The room was clean and secure, which is pretty much all I require from a motel room.

There was a pool but we never used it.

If you get the chance make sure to take a walk behind the motel. There are a few houses behind the White Rose. Keep an eye out for the albino squirrel. Cute squirrel.

We only stayed two nights, just long enough to spend a day at Hershey Park.

Overall I'd say it was a good experience.

The lady in the office was pleasant enough, although I got the feeling she could be a bit snippy if provoked, but she was nice to us.

Oh and yes.. the town does smell like Chocolate. Not all the time and not every where in town. To me it smelled like baking brownies. It was strongest when you dorve by the Hershey factory.

• Liked — It was clean and affordable
  • Disliked — Room was small
5 Thank PONYRCR
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2007

My children and I visited the White Rose Motel this past weekend during a trip to Hershey. We stayed in the Chocolate Cottage and were very impressed. It was extremely clean and comfortable and a great alternative for a larger family. The staff was very nice and helpful, the kids loved the pool, and we could even see and hear the fireworks from Hershey Park while sitting on our front porch. My aunt and uncle also stayed at the motel in a first floor room with a king size bed. They were very happy with their stay also!. I've already recommended this motel to a few friends and will return next year!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank FuzzyW
Saugerties, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2007

We stayed at the White Rose from July 29-August 1. Our rooms (24 & 25) were extremely clean and well-maintained. The furnishings were nice, updated carpeting throughout, as well as new tiling in the bathroom. Perfect microwave/refrigerator set up in the room. They appeared new. The beds and pillows were comfortable (WWWAAAYYY more comfortable than the Hershey Lodge, which we stayed at Memorial Weekend). The rooms were also spacious. Our children (4 boys) loved the pool! It stays open until 10:00 pm, which is great after being at the parks all day. An abundance of towels are provided poolside, so you don't have to bring your own. The pool area is clean, plenty of seating, and there are lots of floats for the kids. The water was warm and clean. Even though the pool is next to a fairly busy road, complete privacy is provided by lots of beautiful flowering plants. I should also mention that our rooms were next to the road, but once inside they were practically soundproof from any outside traffic noise. There is also a nice playground and picnic area one street behind the hotel for kids to run around and play. Grab a pizza and go let the kids unwind after a fun-filled day of eating too much chocolate.

Overall, this hotel is a rare gem in a town full of competing hotels. The price is very reasonable and the hotel is located only 10 minutes from all of the major attractions. The care that the owners put into their business truly shows and should be appreciated by the guests who stay here. Upon check-in I was almost overwhelmed with the amount of information presented to me on where to go, how to get there, where to obtain discount tickets, etc. The people working behind the desk are working hard to help your stay in Hershey be great. Not to knock the Hershey Lodge, but I would stay at the White Rose any day over the larger, crowded, overpriced hotels filled with sugar-crashing screaming children running up and down the hallways. We are an on-the-go family that travels extensively and will no doubt stay her again during our next visit to Hershey.

P.S. For a great breakfast, turn right exiting the hotel and travel a couple miles to Funck's Family Restaurant (on the right). Delicious!

Stayed August 2007
7 Thank WhitsEnd4
west side
Reviewed 25 July 2007

As soon as you go in the parking lot you get a sense of how cozy and family freindly it is. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with information and directions. Rooms were very clean ,spotless and comfortable. Had a great stay.

• Liked — the staff
2 Thank whitechocolate_7
North Huntingdon, PA
Reviewed 20 July 2007

My family stayed 3 nights and we were very pleased with the accomodations. The rooms were clean, tastefully decorated, cool (air conditioning worked well) and close to Hershey Park. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We loved being able to park right outside our rooms.

We spent all day at HersheyPark so I can't speak to the pool, but it also appeared clean. Although the motel is close to the road, we did not notice any traffic noise from within our room. It had all the ammenties we needed... refrigerator, hair dryer, DVD player, TV and clock. It even had a microwave but we didn't need to use it.

The only small complaints I had were there did not appear to be anyone to answer questions in the late hours/through the night. I tried dialing zero, but the phone was not set up for that and the office looked closed.

The second was the ice bucket. It was the only thing I found to be dirty. Someone had obviously used it for greasy popcorn.

Considering the price for value.... I highly recommend the White Rose.

• Liked — Location, Comfort, Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing worth mentioning
6 Thank krisleern