“Big Room”

Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at how big the room was! Large enough for the
four of us to be very comfortable. The "kitchen" area was a plus.
Continental breakfast left a lot to be desired--frozen donuts and scary looking cereal--not very appealing.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Made reservations too late and not able to get anything else. Comfortable beds, plenty of hot water, the AC worked well.staff seemed a accommodating. It is an older place, some updating has been done, it the bath tub is stained and looked dirty, may have only been age, My biggest problem was around the door in the bathroom there were some small rolls of brown stained toilet appear, and that discussed me. Left a small tip for the maid to see if it was a temporary over sight, still not cleaned up. Breakfast was minimal. Guess we are used to Homewood Suites, Residents Inns and even Fairfield Inns, this was not up to that standard.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed at this Howard Johnson's for one night in June. The reception area is small and sometimes unattended at night. When we got to our room, we found that the TV wasn't working. Tried to call the front desk-phone wasn't working either. I went down to the front desk to be ignored for a couple minutes while the attendant (a different one than earlier) tried to figure out how to use the computer. When I was acknowledged, I reported my problems and she would come up and take a look. After a few minutes, she couldn't figure it out so she would report it. It was getting late so no big deal. If you have a problem and the desk is unattended, you have to use a phone on the counter to call someone. Not a great system. The room I had reserved was a one bed, got a room with two queen beds. Not sure if that was supposed to be an upgrade, but at least there was a place to put the luggage. The room was fairly clean and there'd was reasonably comfortable. In the morning, there's a continental breakfast area off the main lobby. Nothing special, but enough to get started with some coffee and cereal. Upon checkout, the attendant asked about our stay, so I told her about our issues. She told me I should have reported it and I told her I had, so she offered me a break on the bill (that's as much as I'm allowed). All in all not a horrible experience, but next time I'll try somewhere else.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The only good thing about our room was the size. The carpets were filthy and weren't vacuumed. In fact, my daughter found a pile of toenail clippings under the sink. There was also, what looked like, vomit or feces that was not cleaned off the side of the tub. The towels (even the extra ones we were given) were grey, dirty and threadbare. One of the towels looked like a woman wiped her makeup off and put it back on the pile -- that came from the extra towels the manager gave us. The credenza counter tops were sticky and had hair on them.

The screen door slider had a hole the size of a bowling ball and the front door had a huge gash that looked like someone kicked the door in.

Perhaps the worst room I've spent the night in.

3  Thank SarahKM58
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Reviewed 23 June 2014

1  Thank John B
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Customer service is really matter in Hotel Industry. This hotel is one of the good example of that. I was attending my friend's wedding. Need some place for my bags. I had reached in the morning. Check out time was in the afternoon, so definitely rooms were not ready and i was ready to wait, but general manager Latif Shaikh aka Larry arranged room for me. He is really nice and very helpful.
His staff was also really nice, helpful and professional. Hotel is near to local attraction. I really enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Hershey hotels
Travelodge Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Courtyard Hershey Chocolate Avenue

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Hershey

Address: 845 East Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033-1214 (Formerly Spinner's Inn and Restaurant)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Hershey
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
#6 Business Hotel in Hershey
Price Range: £45 - £213 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Hershey 2*
2 story brick/stucco buildings with 52 guest rooms; interior and exterior entrances - 1 mi away from Hershey attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey Hotel Hershey