“I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, however was disappointed...”

Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Ranked #12 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Middle River
“I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, however was disappointed...”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel, however was disappointed that the pool had to be closed. I was given a very nice room on the lower level since there was no elevator for the handicap . The restaurant was very nice and had a large kids menu for which I was grateful. Think they should look into more kids network type TV stations for instance the HUB, it is very close to Hersheypark and other children's activities.

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Karen K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

This is our fourth time staying here. Latif Shaikh (Larry) the general manager took such good care of us and told us next year to book again for a great price. Close to Hershey park and prices are reasonable for us every year. We had the balcony room 41 and 42 and were always nice and clean. They even organized my friends teddy bears so cute on the bed. The Tanger outlets are close by too so next year I'll bring extra money to shop!! Please consider staying here. There is also a microwave and fridge in every room so if you buy chocolate it won't melt. Clean place so hope you guys try it out!! We can't wait TILL NEXT YEAR!!! Thanks again!!

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Jenny5975
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you are looking for lodging near HersheyPark, check out the Howard Johnson Inn. Our family of 4 had a very spacious room on the street-side of the property. The room was clean with new appliances. The staff members were friendly and helpful. The breakfast offered nice variety with a hot entree (at least on the weekend). A great value and very convenient to the park.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Latif Shaikh (larry) your general manager was so completely helpful and kind to us. We had a family vacation, myself, my husband and our 5 year old granddaughter. We had had a horrible experience in another hotel the night previous and when I asked Larry if he had a room, he went above and beyond board to help us out. Our room was top notch and our last night in Hershey was very enjoyable. I cannot go on enough about what a terrific person he is and how he goes out of his way to make sure that our stay was enjoyable!!

Room Tip: Check in with Larry and he will make sure that you have the perfect accomodations for your stay!
1 Thank Janet P
NJ
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Not very good experience - dirty overall. Slight mildew smell. AC not very good, wifi was non existent, booked room for 5 ahead of time and we're told there were no more cots. Overall pretty lousy experience, I know you get what you pay for but still felt very disappointed.

Stayed August 2014

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Travellers also viewed these Hershey hotels
Super 8 Hershey
#16 of 24 in Hershey
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#13 of 24 in Hershey

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Hershey? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Hershey

Property: Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Address: 845 East Chocolate Avenue, Hershey, PA 17033-1214 (Formerly Spinner's Inn and Restaurant)
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Hershey
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool
#6 Business Hotel in Hershey
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Hershey 2*
2 story brick/stucco buildings with 52 guest rooms; interior and exterior entrances - 1 mi away from Hershey attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Hershey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey Hotel Hershey