“Awesome food and even better service..very expensive!”

Devon Seafood + Steak
Reserve with OpenTable
Devon Seafood + Steak is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$20 - US$60
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Park Avenue
Description: Devon Seafood + Steak offers downtown Hershey the freshest premium seafood, an impressive selection of wines and handcrafted signature cocktails mixed by bar chefs well practiced in the art of mixology. The service is seamless and the atmosphere offers a unique blend of the upscale and casual chic. Our vibrant happy hour features ultra-premium cocktails, appetizer and lobster specials, as well as signature handcrafted martinis. Devon Seafood + Steak is the perfect setting for your dinner program, business lunch, wedding rehearsal dinner or any other special occasion that demands an excellent meal in an elegant setting. We offer versatile accommodations and a wide selection of menu choices for your exclusive gathering.
Reviewed 15 November 2017

We were looking for something a bit upscale while visiting Hershey, and decided to try and get into the Devon. We went early (5:30) on an off season Wednesday night, and when we arrived there were a handful of tables, filling fast. Fortunately, my wife had used TripAdvisor to book a table (strongly recommend that), so we got seated immediately. Our waiter, very expert and a bit of a character, arrived a minute or so later, discovered it was our first time, and took the time to explain their menu, food sourcing, methods of cooking various dishes, etc. A waitress brought us absolutely delicious cheese biscuits while he was introducing himself.

We placed drink orders, and he helped my wife select a Chardonnay that wasn't "too oak'y". Our drinks arrived in minutes, and he helped us decide from their large menu (this is primarily a seafood place) from fish from all over the world, flown in fresh daily.

We ordered garden salads, and two different salmon...Atlantic mesquite grilled for for my wife and King Salmon seared and rare (pretty much sushi) from Australia for me. We each selected different fresh seasonal vegetables for sides, then shared everything to be able to sample a wider variety.

The salads came quickly, and the house dressing was excellent. We enjoyed the salads and biscuits, and just as we were taking our last bites, our dinners arrived. How do they do that???

Both salmon dishes were delicious, perhaps the best either of us have ever had. The Mesquite grilled Atlantic salmon was a bit more flavorful, and somewhat more done...the King salmon was prepared precisely as described...slightly crusty on the outside, barely warm in the middle.

Back to our waiter, he checked with us several times, never pushy but at no point did we feel neglected. When I mentioned forgetting to take a photo of my beautiful meal for this review, he even offered to take my camera to the kitchen and photograph one in preparation...I didn't take him up on his offer. Other staff were attentive and friendly.

As we left, around 6:45, the place was totally full and people waiting in the foyer and even outside. I hate to think what this would be like on a weekend or in season. Clearly, you would need reservations days in advance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed 13 November 2017

We had a great anniversary celebrating at Devon. We used to go to the Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square location semi-frequently, but moving westward has made that too difficult. This location has its perks. It is a newer building and a lot less crowded.

Enjoy modern luxury of this restaurant, but don't let the price tag scare you away. If you come for their weekend happy hours from 2-4 PM, you will get so much for your money. Our server was fabulous and very attentive. We wore jeans, but I would dress a little nicer for dinner. Almost everyone we saw was dressed casual to business casual.

The drinks were fabulous and I had premium cocktails for $7. The Hershey kiss cocktail is a little sweet, but not obnoxious. I loved their butter rum coffee which was the perfect think at the end of our meal. They offer lovely local beers like from Troegs or Philadelphia's Yards Brewing. They also serve 1/2 bottles of wine during this time. YES PLEASE!

We ordered the following appetizers for $6--7 a piece:

Shrimp Scampi-incredibly good (5/5) Order this if you love garlic and or shrimp. It also comes with additional carbs (almost a garlic butter bread).

Bruschetta with goat cheese-good (4/5) very heavy and the crostini could shred your mouth, I loved the side salad with it. My husband ate 2/3 of that goat cheese. It was so good.

Calamari-okay (3/5) This was too dense/heavy for two people. You need to really love fried food or hate your arteries to eat a lot of this. I could only do a few bites before I felt overwhelmed. I love the tempura battered carrots and jalapenos with it and the sweet and sour sauce. I would only order this again, if we had at least 4 people.

Lobster Rolls-okay (3/5) My husband prefers there is no accouterments to his lobster roll. He prefers a toasted roll with lovely decadent lobster in a butter or mayo sauce. I understand that the chefs probably put those herbs or veggies in there to delight a palette, but not for him. They also came with fries (an unnecessary addition.)

Mussels in Coconut broth-so good (4/5). I would prefer if the sauce wasn't so thick, however the lime juice from the fresh lime perfected this dish. I ate the entire bowl by myself. It was so worth it.

With my husband having two beers and I ordered all the above with two cocktails to boot, we spent less than $75 with tip. That is fabulous for the quality and quantity we received. Also, the ambiance and the service was wonderful.

We will be back.

1  Thank PetriJoyce
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is the second time I've eaten here, and I'm ashamed I didn't review it the first time. This is about as good as it gets. I don't care where one is seated, even if it's really crowded. It doesn't feel cramped; the service is excellent, and the food is absolutely wonderful. Sure, it'll cost you, but what the heck do you expect with a five-star restaurant? Do be sure to make reservations for dinner, especially on the weekend. There is ample parking right by the restaurant, but it still could prove to be a bit frustrating, only because of the crowds interested in eating here. Be patient; if you drive around the lot, you'll find something.
If you haven't been here yet, go celebrate a special occasion, or just a wonderful meal for no occasion just for the heck of it.

1  Thank Jack K
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Last week we had been to Devon to celebrate a family occasion. The ambience of the place is marvelous. From the welcome greetings the moment we entered the restaurant, we had positive impression about this place. Even though it was peak dinner time, we were seated immediately. This is a spacious restaurant. The initial opinion was further cemented by the pleasant disposition of the server. She even volunteered to take our group picture so that no one is left out and she did take one perfect picture for us.

The menu is extensive. The display of all the dishes were exquisite. The taste matched the display. The entire experience was enhanced by the softly glowing fireplace in the wall.

The restaurant is expensive but the adage 'You get what you pay for' is so true. A dinner for three with one drink each cost $180 including tips but we left the restaurant with the resolution of returning soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

My favorite is the seared Ahi-tuna. Best I have ever had anywhere! Their blend of seasonings is outrageous.
While the prices may be a tad bit pricey, if you think of the high-quality and freshness of the seafood, it is understandable and justified. If all seafood would taste as good as the seafood there, I'd eat it all the time!

They have an excellent happy hour if you are lucky enough to get a spot at the bar or a high top.

The atmosphere of the restaurant is reminiscent of something metropolitan/city type.

I would not recommend for families with young children.

This is a great date night restaurant!

Been to Devon Seafood + Steak? Share your experiences!