“A Terrific Place to Stay”

Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey
Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
“A Terrific Place to Stay”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We recently spent two nights at Cocoa Country Inn, and my wife, two children, and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were clean, the staff exceptionally professional and friendly, the price more than reasonable. The location is just under four miles into downtown Hershey, is surrounded by various other shops and eateries. We highly recommend it, and should we return to Hershey, we will make this our first choice.
*I must say, as well, I am surprised by the couple negative reviews here, and would surely think the unfortunate experiences of these individuals are truly the exception--and such issues may be found in any hotel (our hotel in Disney had roaches, for example).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Brian:

Thank you for the excellent review! It is our goal to make every stay a comfortable one and we love to hear that we are meeting our goals! We look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Hershey.

- Cheryl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 13 August 2013

My kids and I stayed here recently for two nights while visiting Hershey. The location was perfect. So close to everything Hershey!! Yes, the hotel was outdated, however, on the positive side the staff was friendly, room was spacious, clean, the beds were comfortable, air conditioning was heavenly after a long day at Hershey Park and compared to every other hotel in the area the price was right! In addition, there were a lot of places within walking distance to grab a bite to eat! On the negative side, wifi only worked in the morning and the regulator on the shower was broken (luckily it was stuck on warm water!) The positives far outweighed the negatives and I would recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a family and budget-friendly place to stay right near Hershey! I plan to be back next summer and hope to take advantage of the outdoor built-in pool!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
New York
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a great stay here! Less than a 10 minute drive from Hershey park.
Room was very clean and comfy!
Owner was very nice and accommodating! He let us check in 2 hours early and upgraded us to a king bed with no extra charges.
Kids enjoyed the pool.
Would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank MaMa_of_2_NY
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are glad you enjoyed your stay! Come and see us again soon
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Took my grandaughter to Hershey for the OneDirection Concert and we booked this place to stay. I was very disappointed from the time we got there.Paid $400.00 a nite ,you would think that they would of given us the best room,,,WRONG...First of all, good thing I took a copy of what I paid for on line because when we got there they said I booked for one bed and not two...It was terrible from there on........Our floors were completely wet, toilet wouldn't flush, sheets soiled, had to pay for ice down in the basement or it would not give you ice....Police were called for some reason so they were there.......OMG~~~~And there was lots of barking, yes barking....I met one Bull Dog and 3 Fox Terriers,,,,I can only say this and I am a animal lover,,,it definitley was good for the doggies......Never made it to the pool,,,,,we left quickly....Do your research before you book your room......Good Luck~

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. We are addressing the room maintenance and cleanliness issues to prevent future issues.

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I would never stay in this hotel again. The office staff was deceitful about their location which required us to walk for hours in the hot sun to return from Chocolate world. The beds appeared to have been slept in already, the shampoo bottle was half used, The soap was the size if a quarter, the staff was discourteous. I quote..."you are on vacation! Why do you care how much something costs!". We paid $60 to come by cab from Harrisburg after they said it would cost $20-$30, and they discouraged us from trying to take a city bus. They wanted to charge us $30 to check in early (1:00pm) even though we were going to leave our things in a dirty room and were only there for a day. These people were unkind, deceitful and unprofessional. One of the worst places I have ever stayed!!!

• Stayed July 2013
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I apologize that you were dissatisfied during your recent stay with us. I assure you that we did not intend to mislead you on our location and proximity to the area Hershey attractions. Should you choose to stay with us in the future please know that we can assist you in making transportation arrangements.

hammonton
Reviewed 18 July 2013

this is the dirtiest place i have ever seen, blood splatter on sheets.... toilet leaking, don't flush, dust everywhere, smelly, broken window, old 19 " tv... they advertize 27" flat screens... stay far far away.....i choose to drive the 3 hour trip home after the park instead of staying here. it was that bad..

Room Tip: no good rooms here, all nasty, especially the basement rooms with no rooms, and water damage
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
We apologize for your negative experience. We are diligently working on upgrading our guest rooms so we can meet and exceed all guest needs. The cleanliness and maintenance issues that you expressed are being addressed.

Jeffersonville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel is an inexpensive option on Chocolate Avenue, but I would stay somewhere else if we ever went back.

The complex is a bit hard to navigate as there are a couple of different buildings and it's hard to tell where you're supposed to pull in and park. After checking in, we had to pull all the way through the complex out into a back alley and drive around the block to get back to the right parking area.

Checkin was a bit of a hassle. I had booked online and the price I was charged was about $20 more expensive than I was expecting. Turns out, the online price didn't include a hefty $17 tourism tax and another random fee charged by the hotel. I still don't fully understand what the extra fees were about. I asked, but the family who runs the hotel speak in accented English which I couldn't understand very well. The office appears to connect to their living quarters and it smelled heavily of curry, which bothered my husband's allergies.

The first room we checked into had a broken air conditioning unit. It was sweltering, so we asked to be moved to another room. When we got there, I tried running some hot water in the sink and it never got hot. We called the front desk again, thinking there was no hot water. He came in and figured out that the hot and cold taps on the sink were switched. Ugh!

There were rowdy crowds of teens hanging out by the pool. I didn't much care because I wasn't intending to use the pool, but they were also congregating on the sidewalk near my car which made me a bit nervous as I had left a good portion of my luggage in the hatch and worried a bit about one of them trying to break into my car. That didn't happen, but when we checked out in the morning there was a large pile of pocket change lying on the sidewalk near my car. Don't know what that was all about, but I wish someone would have enforced a curfew since it was well after 11pm last time I checked and they were all still out there being loud.

The bottom floor where the ice machine is located appears to be used for long-term tenants and is not well maintained. There are several places where the walls need patched and re-painted. They also store a lot of old furniture down there. It has a creepy vibe.

The room itself was clean and fairly large. The wifi worked.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family