“Good Food Reasonable Price”
Review of Piazza Sorrento

Piazza Sorrento
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 85 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Route 322
Description: Voted "Best New Restaurant" by Harrisburg Magazine in 2009, Piazza Sorrento is a modern Italian restaurant based on the "Old World" Italian recipes of the owner's family back in Italy. The Bolognese sauce they grew up on and the tradition of family is the cornerstone of the Piazza Sorrento dining experience. Dedicated to providing the finest in service, food, and wine at a fair and competitive price, Piazza Sorrento makes regional and classic Italian cuisine using premium local ingredients while keeping the history of the dish and region intact. Piazza Sorrento not only provides the best in authentic Italian cooking this side of the Atlantic, but also believes that all patrons, whether adults or children, should be welcomed like one big family - even those with certain dietary requirements. That is why Piazza Sorrento is widely known for their extensive Gluten Free menu, another reason patrons routinely drive over an hour or more to dine in relative ease and safety.
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Food Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Old style eastern pizza, plus calzones, strombolies, and a full pasta menu.Good place to carry-out from. Very near the hospital.

Visited May 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We have our supervisors convention in Hershey every year, the highlight for me is eating at piazza sorrento, you can't improve on perfection. I'll be back next april

1 Thank Thomas Y
“Hidden Gem at Briarcrest Shopping Village Square!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I were running errands one day, in Hershey, PA and we stopped here. They have a pizza shop AND our new FAVORITE Italian restaurant. We've been here a couple of times. We've had the eggplant parmesan, crab dip, italian wedding soup, gnocchi, fettuccine Alfredo, all of it was marvelous! The atmosphere is relaxed and lovely. Elegant yet casual. So if you have a craving for some Italian comfort food served with meticulous attention to your best dining experience, this is the right place. When you go, ask for Ryan. He's our favorite server! Happy dining! Piazza Sorrento, a little taste of Italy.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank auntjulie717
Schaumburg, Illinois
“Perfect Food, Perfect Staff, Perfect Ambience”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I have been a regular almost weekly customer of Piazza Sorrento for two years running. As an Italian-American who grew up in the Chicago area (transplanted to Central Pennsylvania), and got spoiled by both an Italian mom who is a great cook and a wide choice of quality Italian restaurants, I find Piazza Sorrento to be the absolute best Italian restaurant in central Pennsylvania, a region sorely lacking for good restaurants, let alone good Italian restaurants.

My favorite entree is the grilled gnocchi. Be sure to bring your appetite for that one, as it is quite heavy. During the winter months, I like their butternut squash ravioli, with the Fra Angelico sauce. It too is a heavy entree, but very good. The dinner rolls that accompanies each meal are warm and soft, and are great for dipping in olive oil. I highly recommend their house Balsamic dressing on your side salad or, if you prefer soup, choose the Sicilian Seafood if it is offered. You will not be disappointed.

If you're appetite is lighter, you can get smaller portions of some entrees, like the crab and tortellini, or the gnocchi della nonna. Piazza Sorrento's options for pizza are also quite good, with Old World Pizza being my favorite.

For dessert, you cannot go wrong with anything you choose, although I am partial to the red velvet cake. Many of those desserts are made personally by Anna Maria, the owner.

And don't get me started on their wine list! Lots of good choices in red and white.

As for service, Anna Maria and her husband, Pete, are very welcoming and personable, and they keep everything moving smoothly. They walk the floor of the dining room and greet the patrons, something my fiancee and I look forward to each time we go there. They get to know you by name, and so does the staff. We especially love when Robin waits on us because she is always cheerful, always attentive, and always friendly.

If you want to dine in the dining room on a Friday or Saturday night, be sure to make a reservation first, as the dining area fills up fast. You can also enjoy a full menu at the bar, which itself is a fun experience.

Piazza Sorrento is a great place for a date night, a family dinner, or for getting together with friends. I highly recommend this place; you will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Alex C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our go-to for special occasions.”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We love Piazza Sorrento and I'm always looking for a reason to go there. We haven't had anything bad. The fresh pasta and fresh sauces are the best. Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank janmoni3

Been to Piazza Sorrento? Share your experiences!