“Excellent pizza and great staff!”
Review of Piazza Sorrento

Piazza Sorrento
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 88 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Route 322
Description: Voted "Best New Restaurant" by Harrisburg Magazine in 2009, Piazza Sorrento is a modern Italian restaurant based on the "Old World" Italian recipes of the owner's family back in Italy. The Bolognese sauce they grew up on and the tradition of family is the cornerstone of the Piazza Sorrento dining experience. Dedicated to providing the finest in service, food, and wine at a fair and competitive price, Piazza Sorrento makes regional and classic Italian cuisine using premium local ingredients while keeping the history of the dish and region intact. Piazza Sorrento not only provides the best in authentic Italian cooking this side of the Atlantic, but also believes that all patrons, whether adults or children, should be welcomed like one big family - even those with certain dietary requirements. That is why Piazza Sorrento is widely known for their extensive Gluten Free menu, another reason patrons routinely drive over an hour or more to dine in relative ease and safety.
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is attached to Piazza Sorrento so it was a little confusing when we first walked in. After asking an employee where we were supposed to sit she was super friendly and walked us through the ordering process. You order your pizza and any other sides, sandwiches, salads... and then you pay and take a seat. When your food is ready they yell your name and go pick it up from the counter. We had pizza and mozzarella sticks and both things were awesome!! The food came out quick and it was delicious. Not to mention that all the staff was super friendly. When ever I go to Hershey I will definitely go back! Not to mention it is a great value.

1  Thank Dan Z

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We took my father in law here for his birthday. He was so impressed. All our meals were excellent and the service matched. 2 of us got the Italian Sampler (Lasagna, Fettuccine and Chicken Parmesan) My wife got the grilled gnocchi and loved it. We can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Jeff T
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been going here for years and it gets better and better. We were in about 2 weeks ago and the place is always clean and the environment is lively and happy. Our waitress Jessica did a great job and the service is very good. They have a large number of beers on tap plus wine as well. The owners make such an effort to keep the place in good shape and it shows. The GM (owners daughter?) went to each table to assure every diner was happy. The good is a 10 out of 10 and this is coming from a Brooklyn-born Italian. Enjoy!!

1  Thank John_n_Sophia
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Reading some of the negative reviews makes me angry. 42 cents? Seriously? Since the tragedy at Vissagio's, we have been searching for a replacement. The only thing not made in-house was the lemoncello! I can't speak to the entire menu but the grilled gnocchi was perfect. Every bite was delectable. Wine suggestion was spot on. I let the server pick everything- app, soup, entree, wine, dessert. I enjoyed every bite. It's not "fine dining" and doesn't pretend to be. But if you are looking for delicious food, a laid back atmosphere, knowledgable staff and an overall great meal- this is the place to go.

1  Thank Delarooski
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I ended up going to this restaurant on accident with a friend while going to Hershey. Now everytime I go to Hershey, I make it a point to stop here and eat. I love the lobster raviolis with the shrimp. It is one of the best italian meals I have ever had. I brought my parents here once and my mom enjoyed it so much that when I go, she asks that I bring her a dish home. I highly recommend you go to this restaurant.

1  Thank Theresa O