“One of the best pizza I ever had.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piazza Sorrento

Piazza Sorrento
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Route 322
Description: Voted "Best New Restaurant" by Harrisburg Magazine in 2009, Piazza Sorrento is a modern Italian restaurant based on the "Old World" Italian recipes of the owner's family back in Italy. The Bolognese sauce they grew up on and the tradition of family is the cornerstone of the Piazza Sorrento dining experience. Dedicated to providing the finest in service, food, and wine at a fair and competitive price, Piazza Sorrento makes regional and classic Italian cuisine using premium local ingredients while keeping the history of the dish and region intact. Piazza Sorrento not only provides the best in authentic Italian cooking this side of the Atlantic, but also believes that all patrons, whether adults or children, should be welcomed like one big family - even those with certain dietary requirements. That is why Piazza Sorrento is widely known for their extensive Gluten Free menu, another reason patrons routinely drive over an hour or more to dine in relative ease and safety.
Barrie, Canada
“One of the best pizza I ever had.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We were visiting Hersey area and did not want to eat at a chain restaurant. Piazza Sorrento was recommend and we decided to give it a try. I had the special crab pizza and it was wonderful. This place has great gnocchi and lasagna as well. The restaurant is not overly big so reservation are recommended, we did not have reservation and they were able to fit us in. We would eat here again if in the Hersey area.

Visited August 2014

Chicopee,Ma.
“Our pizza was very good,well.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Well, I have to say the reviews lately seem mixed, previous guest kind of has a point about the wait time. We ate at the bar and ordered a basil, provolone, appetizer, which was drizzled with oil and vinegrette, it was very tasty,but we waited for our pizza for a long time after. You can only order a 10" pizza at the bar and take out up to a 16". The pizza was very good and left me wanting more. My husband really liked the sauce. As a matter of fact he liked everything he ate and decided to buy some of their marinara sauce to take back to Massachusetts and they poured sauce in a jar for us and dated it (no preservatives) and told us to eat it within a week, for freshness. He thought that was great that everything was cooked fresh.

Visited August 2014
“Imagine My Surprise...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

...when I read the reviews for this restaurant, made reservations through Open Table, arrived 10 min. early, and was told by the Sequinned Skirted Hostess that we couldn't be seated until the Open Table time, even though there were tables available. So, I said, "Perhaps I should just cancel my Open Table reservation so you can seat us (party of 2). She said that she'd "have to check", answered the phone, greeted another person who came in the door (appeared to be a manager or owner), and then casually took us to our table after making us wait. Nobody else was waiting or had been seated while we were waiting. Really???
The menu looked great. The waiter proudly stated that all pastas, sauces, and desserts were made in house. I was looking forward to dinner. Adult Daughter and I decided on two appetizers and a pizza. I had the meatball app., which was touted as a house favorite. The meatballs weren't bad. They just weren't good. The meat was overworked (which you should never do to a meatball). The flavor was so-so, and the sauce was OK. A. Daughter had the proscuitto and mozz. app. on bread (or toast- can't remember). It was OK, but was served in a heavy puddle of olive oil. The white pizza? Well, let's just say, don't get it. It was just a thin crust pizza dough with some cheese sprinkle on top. It was disappointing and very bland. Our waiter was nice, but we waited too long for the apps and MUCH too long (I believe about 25 min.) for the pizza after the app plates were removed. When you have to ask for the check when you receive your dinner because you're afraid you won't see the waiter in a very long time, you know that you've had to wait too long. This restaurant experience was surprisingly highly disappointing.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank redtamato
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Best tomato pie in central PA!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

If your old Philly guy like me you may remember Tomato Pies. A pizza with provolone cover the dough a sauce on top of the cheese. Sorrentos refers to this as an old world pizza. I think of it as the pizza I use to get when I stayed at my grandmothers in Kensington. Sorrento's sauce is out of this world. I know for a fact they make it fresh everyday and cook it slow all day just as a South Philly Italian lady taught my Irish mother to do. I like a a wet gooey pie so I get extra sauce and cheese. Pete the owner turned me on to his favorite which is a Old World with pepperoni and onion. In my opinion the sauces they make at Sorrento's are of the highest quality. They remind me of my mother's and what you can get at a South Philly restaurant.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Ate here with friends and had a wonderful evening. We chose it for the gluten-free menu, but everyone in the party was pleased with their meal. The kitchen did an excellent job of preparing and labeling the gluten-free meal. Waitress was friendly, helpful and brought lots of drink refills as we lingered over the meal. Can't wait to go back.

Visited July 2014