“Not bad.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Italia - CLOSED

Bella Italia
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Philadelphia, PA
“Not bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

My husband enjoyed his meal. I broke one of my time-honored rules and ordered gnocchi. I never order gnocchi if I haven't eaten at a restaurant. The gnocchi was ok-nothing really memorable and the sauce was very thick. I prefer a lighter sauce where the tomato flavor really stands out. I don't know if I'd give it another try.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kimmer1966

Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
“Best Italian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2013

I meet up with some good friends here for dinner about every other month and we have been here about 6 times now. Everytime, it is top notch italian food and we have all tried different items. The eggplant parmisian is excellent, as well as the Boli's, seafood pasta, and several other items. Service has always been great and love that it isn't crowded when we go during the week! It is indeed a hidden gem! And, much better than Fennicci's!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank htowndeb778
Indiana
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

We had our food delivered to our hotel at the recommendation of the front desk clerk @ our hotel. They were very prompt with the delivery. The food was very good. I'm thinking we might try eating at the restaurant before we leave.

2 Thank LynnesPicks
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Good Place to Stop for a Quick Bite”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013

When you walk in you can't tell if you are going to be eating Italian or if a Mariachi band is going to bust through the walls. So, we didn't actually stay to eat. We got take-out. The staff seemed really nice. They were chatting with us and seemed happy to help. The restaurant was dead - only 2 tables and no music. Very quiet considering there were about 5 people working there.

The food was just OK - I got the soup which they said was homemade...better leave it at home. It was not very good at all. I also got a caprisi salad. The salad was fresh, but the presentation was lacking. Just tomatoes thrown on a plate with vinegar thrown all over. Then we ordered wraps. These were really lacking. The chicken was good, the lettuce was nice, but it was nothing special.

I would say this is a great place for fried food, take-out pizza or somewhere to grab a quick bite before going to the movies down the street. The plus is - It's BYOB!! So, bring a bottle, grab a slice and hang out before you go out.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Madelon M
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“Why is there never cars in the parking lot...?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I'll tell you why, because the food was a disgrace and the staff even worse. We got treated like we were a burden, I do not recommend Bella Italia.

Visited February 2013