“Disappointing Marriott”

Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Decided to stay here when I learned it was in the Marriott family... won't do that again! The price of nearly $300/night was acceptable for a family of 5, but the "suite" was tiny.... much more tiny than any others my family has stayed in for hockey tournaments and the like. We could hardly walk around without tripping over shoes. The sofa bed had crumbs and such all over it when we pulled it out, and we had to request new sheets (one of which had hair on it!) The pool is tiny, and so over chlorinated that the children had red eyes even hours later. I know Marriott has a variety of offerings. This one gives you an economy experience with a higher price tag. Disappointing!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christy C
SpringHill_HrshyDOS, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. As Marriott's studio suite brand, our rooms offer an open concept which may not be what your family is accustomed to during your travels. Offering 25% larger rooms than most standard rooms, we certainly strive to make all our guests feel welcome & provide them with quality, comfortable stay to Marriott standards.

I also would like to apologize for any discomfort your family experienced with the chlorine of the pool. Our pool is State inspected and all pool chemicals are maintained to these state regulations. Depending on the number of guests using the pool, there may be times when the distribution of chemical is greater and appear stronger. We will certainly address this with our team to see if there is anything that can be done.

Please do not hesitate contacting me with any questions. Wishing you safe travels always and "sweet" memories of Hershey, PA.

717-583-2222.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

This is a great location and close by to Hershey Park and Chocolate World. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The decor is new and updated. Not much traffic on this road and was easy to go to the parks and back without a traffic jam.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay and our staff! We take great pride in representing Marriott and the standards that are expected of our guests.

We welcome the opportunity to be of service to you and your family if you return to our area. You may want to consider a return trip in the Fall for HersheyPark in the Dark or in the Winter months for Christmas Candylane.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Our family of 2 adults three children had a great stay. The rooms are clean and updated and comfortable. It's close to Hershey park and several good restaurants on chocolate ave. There's a nice breakfast in the morning (could use some more fruit) and coffee in lobby all day. The pool is indoor and small but the kids enjoyed it after a hot day in the park. The staff was helpful , friendly and nice. The two young men behind the desk tried to answer any questions we had and tried up be helpful. I will be back for our next trip to Hershey.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank JoAnn126
SpringHill_HrshyDOS, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in May 2014. It was a great location, while all the traffic leaving the park got backed up, we scooted by on a totally empty road. It was great to be able to zoom home from the attractions to go back to the hotel for swimming or to pick something up you forgot. There was always a coffee/tea/hot chocolate station and cold lemon water in the lobby. A grocery store and self serve yogurt store were about 1/4 mile away, in a direction not entangled by the Hershey traffic. Everything was very clean and the breakfast was yummy. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. They often circulated around the breakfast area to chat with the guests. Very nice touch.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SpringHill_HrshyDOS, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed here the week of May 21-28, 2014 while attending a wedding. I am often in hotels and motels around the world and at all levels, and my experience at this hotel was one of the absolute best. Every employee I dealt with, and there were many. went out of their way to make sure my needs were met. Beginning with the reservation process, to selecting a room when I arrived (I am very particular and it took seeing three rooms for me to find the one I wanted), the staff were incredibly patient and genuinely friendly, and made me feel they wanted me to be satisfied and content. I was greeted by name by at least six desk clerks, and was often spoken to by managers and other staff to ask if my stay was going well. I was able to specify my preferences to room cleaners. Every staff member I passed in the hallway said hello, The place was clean, the room was quiet, and the location perfect. Breakfast was the standard fare, but I usually have my own food in the room so that wasn't important to me. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid a room with an adjoining door to another room. Get a room at the far end of the hallway. Top f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelmagnet

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel has the friendliest staff, the most beautiful surroundings and the most accommodating employees. I highly recommend that you stay here if you are in the Hershey area, and especially if you are going to Hershey Amusement Park. We chose this hotel for our family reunion and it was more than we could have asked for. It is so close to the park and downtown Hershey and they provide transportation to and from the Harrisburg Airport. They even put all of our guests in the same area of the hotel. They let us use the breakfast nook area to receive our guests for three days.

My son and his family arrived late into the Harrisburg Airport and the front desk picked them up at the airport, drove them straight to the restaurant where our family was having dinner, and brought their luggage back to the hotel and checked them in so that they didn't have to worry about anything. Every day the staff walked around checking to make sure that we were all happy and to see if we needed anything. They even offered to take our family reunion pictures. They made us feel so welcome!!!!

Room Tip: Every room is newly renovated!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Wishing you "Sweet" memories of Hershey, PA. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel needs to remove the Marriott from it's name. Lacking in all areas including service, amenities, and hospitality. Also, if you are trying to use a Special Rate listed on the Marriott reservation page be prepared to have every document you can think of otherwise they won't honor it. I'm a Reward member but that meant nothing at this property.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
4  Thank Geenerbug
SpringHill_HrshyDOS, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for your comments, I am very sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly so I may learn some more specifics on your stay and in turn bring these specifics to our team for improvement.

There are many rate codes that require ID based on company specific requirements. These restrictions are not always within our control, but any details that you can provide would be helpful in my efforts to communicate to our team.

We take great pride in representing Marriott and the standards that are expected of our guests. Thank you in advance for the opportunity to respond.

717-583-2222

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Travelodge Hershey
Travelodge Hershey
#15 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!