“Nice clean safe place to stay while in Hersey”

Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My sister and I stayed here for 4 nights while in Hersey. The hotel was great, the hotel staff very nice especially the hotel manager Kathy. This was a great place to stay and use as a home base while visiting the surrounding countryside. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The staff could not have been nicer in helping us with directions and information. I would most certainly stay here again if I were in the area. Even coming in late at night we felt safe walking from our car to the hotel entry, did not worry about parking the car in the lot at night. I look for safety first when staying at a hotel and then whether the hotel is clean, well maintained, staff service. This place at it all.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 October 2009

We were originally checked into the Springhill Suites in Harrisburg, but after receiving extremely poor customer service, called this location. Scott at the front desk was beyond helpful with getting us checked in, suggesting things to do and overall, welcoming us with the kind of courtesy that makes a traveler feel right at home.

The room was perfectly adequate for our needs. The bed was very comfortable, the shower was great, enough room to move around and the microwave and fridge were a nice touch. The breakfast was great and had a good variety. The pool and sauna were also nice. The location can't be beat - you're barely a mile from Hersheypark.

Kudos to this Marriott for turning around what started off as a very bad weekend!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AutumnBookOwl
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Stayed here on a trip to the "Chocolate Covers February" celebration at Hersey's Chocolate World. Hotel was clean, suite was very roomy. Kids enjoyed the pool which was at a comfortable temperature for February. All in all a wonderful stay. Will be staying here again for retun trips to Hershey. Also, very close to park <5 miles.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank devils13
Reviewed 1 September 2009

My sister and 2 nieces spent 3 nights at this hotel. Beds very comfortable,including the pool out couch(as per my 13 yr old niece). Kids jumping on the 3rd floor above are room woke us up 2 mornings. My last morning there, I really noticed how dusty the room was. I know the sheets were not changed on any of the 3 nights we were there,and we made up the sofa bed each morning so we could move about the room. I find this unacceptable for a 3 night stay that cost $ 900.00. Also the pool was very dirty our last evening there. Had alot of hair in the pool. I am a person that does not complain about anything but, I feel other travelers should know this since I rely on trip advisor for helping me choose hotels. I did speak to the manger before I checked out to let him know that I was dissatisfied. Also the breakfast was very crowded with families, so be prepared to wait, however the selection was find to get you going.

Reviewed 28 August 2009

Recently stayed for an overnight visit while visiting Hershey Park for two days. Hotel is about a five minute ride from the park, so the location can't be beat. Our room consisted of a pull out sofa for kids and king size bed, with a semi wall between the two. With sofa pulled out, hardly any room to get by the television, but since we were there only one night, not a big deal. Didn't hear much ruckus overnight so the hotel was quiet and we slept soundly.

A few minor issues with the housekeeping of the room, but management quickly rectified the situation. The buffet in the morning is overrun with families apparently all going to the amusement park. The breakfast food was standard buffet cuisine, i.e. cereal, eggs, some bread products, pastries, juices and coffees.

With the park practically over the hill, the location can't be beat for a one or two night stay.

1  Thank Happy_away
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We stayed 2 nights mid-week with our 5 yr old and 2 yr old. The hotel is a 4 minute ride to the Hershey Park lots, really convenient. The room was not huge, but a dividing wall gave almost-2-room feeling we've noted at other Springhill Suites. The king bed was comfy. The bathroom, fridge, microwave all were spotless. The service was nice, with helpful front desk.
We booked with the hotel/park pass combo, which got us 2 adult admissions to Hershey along with 2 parking passes ($10 value each) and a coupon for Papa Johns (which we had to use, our 2yr old is just too much trouble in restaurants :) )
The included continental breakfast was exactly what we needed before heading out each morning.
We didn't use the pool, but its nice to have in case of rain.

1  Thank NJprophet
Reviewed 8 August 2009

We chose this hotel because the 2 queens and sofabed combo is great for our family of 5 (Mom, Dad, 1 older teen and 2 younger children) The location is great - only 5 minutes direct route to park. But I was surprised at the small size of the room. One bed was practically on top of the air conditioning unit, the sink area barely had enough room for a toiletry bag, and the pool area was also small. They did offer a nice breakfast every morning, but get there before 8 o'clock or you will be waiting for them to refill everything. Overall, the hotel is good, just smaller room than I expected. On a side note - visit Indian Echo Caverns if you get the chance. Only 5 minutes away and a very neat side trip. The kids all enjoyed it - no small feat with our boys ranging from 6 to 18! The oldest enjoyed the caverns and the youngsters enjoyed "panning" for gemstones after the tour.

1  Thank karatemomma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Econo Lodge Hershey
Econo Lodge Hershey
#12 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!