“Sushi, Yaki, Udon - Best in Hershey”
Review of Wasabi Bistro

Wasabi Bistro
Ranked #41 of 88 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Zip 17033 tel 717 533 9900
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant. It was one of our best in Hershey. Nothing too fancy. Casual, decorated like a bigger city, hip, Asian restaurant.

I ate the Shrimp Tempura Roll and it was good. No awards but fine. I had the chicken Yaki with soba noodles and it was very good. Especially for the price.

My wife ate the seafood udon which she stated was bland.

We would return again. This and "What If" we're our best meals in Hershey. Not our best meals ever, better than average. 21 Zagat in my book.

1  Thank Clinton S

Reviewed 2 September 2012

My experience at the Wasabi Bistro is different from the previous review. Our Meetup Group met at the Bistro for dinner on Aug. 29. Our party was large and both the food AND server were top notch. The menu has creative combinations making it hard to narrow down the choice. I give the Bistro 5 stars.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

My parents, my wife, and I went to Wasabi Bistro for dinner on a Sunday. It was our first time there. We were seated immediately and placed our orders shortly thereafter. We then waited...and waited...and waited. We noticed several other tables in the restaurants were annoyed at the waitresses because everything was so incredibly slow. It took 15 minutes to get our soups and salads. It took another 15 minutes after that to get our sushi. And our dinners finally came out 30 minutes after that. The food was average at best. The miso soup had a nice flavor broth but was lacking in other ingredients compared to others we have had. The ginger salad dressing was very nice. The sushi was very unimpressive, both in display and in taste. I really expected better. Portions on the sushi are TINY compared to other sushi places in the Hershey/Harrisburg area. At Sakura Do, we received double the sushi for the price we paid at Wasabi Bistro. The entrees were better - tempura chicken and seafood, hibachi, etc. - fairly nice portion sizes, good flavors. But we all felt that the service was just painfully slow. We might return, but it would not be our first choice.

Reviewed 13 August 2012 via mobile

Very kind service, nice atmosphere. Really great sushi, freshly made and has a great variety. Enjoy the miso soup as well.good lunch deals

Reviewed 25 July 2012

Great food at a very reasonable price. The portions are good, not small at all. Service is very nice. Family friendly.