“Great restaurant next to hotels!”
Review of Hershey Pantry

Hershey Pantry
Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were in Hershey for my daughter's wedding and staying at a hotel next door. Actually, there are hotels on both side of the restaurant. A Hampton & a Howard Johnson's. Some of us before the wedding met at the Pantry for lunch. Several of us had wraps, which were pretty filling! Mine came with tortilla chips, pickle, and salsa which was in a champagne glass. Some others had Ruben's which also looked good. It was crowded, and we needed to eat right away because of getting ready for the wedding. They did their best to try and find a table for us. And finally made room at the counter, which worked fine. By the crowd and the food, I would have to say that this is a must while in Hershey!
Note...they are closed on Sundays

1  Thank BoyertownMusik
Write a ReviewReviews (1,384)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

You have never tried oatmeal, unless you try Hershey Pantry Oatmeal... The special baked oatmeal had a cream center with seasonal fruit which melts away to sinful goodness. The regular baked oatmeal is also light and fluffy... how can they do it? The other breakfast offerings are large portion and a take away is an option. Love this place. Save a seat for me!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meal. We started with salads and a mozzarella/tomato/basil salad. My son had the prime rib and said it was the best prime rib he ever had. My son's girl friend had a pasta dish with clams and sausage and was pleased. My husband had a veggie sandwich with homemade potato chips (which were amazing). I had a pork shank with au gratin potatoes and asparagus. Desserts looked amazing too, but we were full and had indulged in sweets already at Hershey park. The waitress was excellent too.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We went for a day trip to Hershey Pa and saw the Pantry came as a highly recommended restaurant. Now I know why. The food was excellent and our waitress Sue was so nice and attentive to us. The prices were a little pricey but worth it for the amount of food they served.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our waitress was top notch the entire visit with her attitude and attentiveness. She was running ragged the entire time and was still not able to be efficient. The owner/manager may want to reconsider having another employee to prep drinks/desserts instead of server. We tipped extra big for her service.
As far as food. 1 child got chicken tenders and French fries. Very good. The BBQ sauce served with it was excellent.
Another child got spaghetti and meatballs. Sauce and noodles were delicious but the meatball was literally as cold as could be without being frozen. He just pushed aside and we weren't going to complain, but that's not acceptable from a kitchen, even if it is a kids meal.
I got pesto salmon. I would not recommend it. Not much flavor and greasy( I had to borrow BBQ sauce from my son). Pumpkin risotto was the worst risotto I've ever had. Very bland and dry. It looked like a rice cake on my plate. And tasted like one.
My husband got Neptune pasta. It was ok but very rich and heavy. Not something he'd order again.
My children did get homemade Oreo cookies at the end of the meal and those were the highlight! Very good. We will be visiting their bakery across the street because of them!

Hershey P, Front Office Manager at Hershey Pantry, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you so much your feedback regarding your recent dining experience at The Hershey Pantry. I would like to be able to correct the problems that you had the evening you have dined with us. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service and fine food to our guests. Can you please email me and tell me what night you dined with us? Our email is contactus@hersheypantry.com. Thank you again for the post and we hope that you will give us a try again in the future.

Been to Hershey Pantry? Share your experiences!