“Really nice, glad I stayed here.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 20 September 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. Check-in was fast, my room was nice and clean. The bathroom was one of the nicest I have ever seen at any Marriott. Clean and really large for this type of hotel. My only complaint was the breakfast food. I stay at Marriot almost exclusively so I am used to the hotel's breakfast food but I thought the food here was a little bland. Other than that you can't beat the location (right off of Route 422) and nice rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Noemi M
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about breakfast and I will certainly bring that up to our Food and Beverage Team. If you are ever back in the Hershey area, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a brand new Fairfield Inn, less than a year old and in a perfect loction for all things Hershey. I had a two bedded room on the fifth floor (top floor) the first night and couldn't sleep due to an ongoing loud hum...coming from who knows where. However the second night before "turning in" I called the front desk and they told me they had had similar complaints....seems like a generator on the roof makes that noise. I was quickly moved to a different room on the fourth floor and all was quiet. Wished I had said something the first night! lobby and breakfast area are beautiful as was the room. Indoor pool only and a small fitness room. Breakfast was great and front desk staff friendly. No complaints here..

Room Tip: stay away from top floor due to a pesky generator noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank eliedoll
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your response. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to make arrangements for you to move rooms so that the humming noise would not mean missed sleep. This unit on the roof is for our exhaust fans in all of our bathrooms in the building. We are working with the company who installed the unit to see if we can make this quieter so that it is not an ongoing issue. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Place is new and well decorated. Rooms are quite big and well furnished. Breakfast is typical american style. Only comment I have that there is no variation in the breakfast. Everyday it is scrambled eggs and pork sausage. Gets a bit boring if you are staying for multiple nights. Location is OK, little bit on the side and hence need to drive (very short) for food and shops.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your response! We love that you think it is great for business trips as that is what the new Fairfield Inn targets! Thank you for the suggestion on breakfast, I will take a look to see if there are any other breakfast options that we are allowed to offer. We hope when you are back in the area that you choose to stay with us again! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for work. Hotel is brand new w/ modern spacious comfortable rooms. Beds were very comfy and breakfast was tasty with plenty of options. Free wifi. Has a pool and exercise room. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013

Glad to hear we were able to meet the needs of your overnight accomodations! We aim to please each and every guest that stays with us. Our rooms are quite spacious escpecially the Executive King and Queen Suites. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

Stayed here to be close to Hershey Convention Center. King room very roomy and comfortable bed. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Issues were no whirlpool as advertised. Not impressed with tv lineup. We chose to eat breakfast in room to be able to watch church service, became difficult to do as hotel has no trays available for diners. Really, this is a new hotel and should know what travelers like. Especially for a Marriott. Also, the eggs and sausage were not very good. But still a nice property and would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your response! We are sorry we were not able to meet all your needs. We are glad that you still enjoyed your stay even though you had a few inconveniences . I will check the website again on the whirlpool as it should not be on there that we have one, thank you for bringing that to my attention. If you are back in the Hershey area, please give us a call we would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

i stay at hotels a lot during the year, at different locations, this was a last minute trip after returning from a trip to NY. the hotel seem new, or very well kept, room was nice size and my husband really liked to bathroom. he liked the pattern of the tiles, a the small wall between the toilet and the sink. i like how comfortable the bed was, location and the breakfast. small pool but i don't think people go to Hersey to go into the pool. they go to Hersey Park. Front Desk clerk was very nice and friendly. there were a lot of kids staying at the hotel, but i could not hear any noise. Good job Fairfield.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dojsnowin

Thank you so much for your wonderful response. We are very new as we just opened in April of this year. I love the tiles in the bathroom as well, I am extremely fond of the motioned sensor lighting in them also! We do get the compliment on the beds quite often, I am glad that you enjoyed them. If you are ever back in the "Sweetest Place on Earth" gives us a call. We would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We stayed here 3 nights during a trip to Hershey Park. This hotel is very close to Hershey Park, but it's not within walking distance and there is no shuttle. The front-desk staff wasn't that friendly and being so close to a park, you would think that the hotel would be more kid friendly. We checked in, and our room was too small for us, and they gave us a complimentary upgrade to a larger suite. They do also offer complimentary breakfast. Their pool is right off the main lobby, which was a bit weird, and it was tiny. I realize these hotels are built in a cookie cutter fashion, but there should be some flexibility when they build them near an amusement park....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear that you found our suite spacious for your family and that breakfast met your needs. I am sorry to hear about the front desk not being polite, we do strive to make every guest feel welcomed. We hope that if you are in the Hershey area again that you will give us another shot for your overnight accomodations. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Molly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!