“Convenient to Hershey attractions”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Lima, Ohio
“Convenient to Hershey attractions”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We found the Fairfield Inn to be pretty much the standard Fairfield Inn. It was clean and had a very nice atmosphere. The pool and workout center would meet the needs of most people. Our favorite feature was the location. It was near all Hershey attractions and a variety of restaurants. The breakfast area had a very friendly attendant and the food was hot with a clean serving area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like our hotel fit your needs of being close to the Hershey attractions as well as restaurants. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and fresh and our service great, our staff does pride ourselves on these features! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are ever back in the Hershey area.

Molly Troutman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for Christmas Candylane at HP (used a free night voucher from Marriott Rewards). Awesome hotel. Less than 5 minutes to the park. Clean, new and modern room with microwave and fridge. Breakfast buffet was more than I expected (waffles, sausage and eggs). Local restaurants and supermarket nearby. We usually stay in Harrisburg. Not anymore. We'll be staying here from now on.

Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your great response. I am glad to hear that you have found a new hotel to stay in when you come to the area! We love to hear wonderful stories of how our guests enjoy their stay! We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit!

Parkville, Maryland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I've stayed here twice in the past four months or so, and have another trip planned for early '14. I can't wait to go back. The staff has always been helpful, and the location is fantastic in terms of proximity to the park, GIANT Center, etc. Breakfast is awesome, and my kids have enjoyed the indoor pool. Keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: I honestly believe that rooms on both sides of this hotel will be quiet. I can't recall what fl...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your wonderful response! We love to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay with us and have booked again for their next visit! We can't wait to have you back soon!

Thank you!

Molly
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel with our young son (< 1 yr old), and I can definitely say that his hotel is amazing for families with kids!

The hotel itself is beautiful, pretty much looks brand new. The rooms are very spacious and beautifully appointed (microwave and fridge). The hot breakfast was OUTSTANDING, as as the business centre (3 computers, with printer, no charge).

The hotel is 1 block away from a CVS pharmacy, and minutes drive from outlets, Hershey Chocolate World and Hershey Park.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (which I find is a common theme for Fairfield).

I highly recommend this hotel for a stay in Hershey, you won't regret it!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Thank you for your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you mentioned how close we are to everything as we literally are down the street from just about anything you want in Hershey! Thank you for the nice comments about the rooms and the staff, our staff work very hard to maintain the level of service and cleanliness that would make you want to return. We hope that if you are ever in the Hershey area again that you choose to stay with us, as we would love to have you!

Abington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue (which is not really on Chocolate Ave. but one block over), is a great new hotel in Hershey. The breakfast area is just off the lobby, spacious, provides a lot of seating and is very open. The lobby area itself, which includes the breakfast area, is very large as well. The rooms were a decent size and the bathrooms were surprisingly spacious. Check-in was easy and hotel staff hotel always said hello. While this hotel has been open since April, everything was still very clean (the room and bathroom included, even the edging in the room which even for new hotels can get dirty quickly). I applaud the housekeeping staff at this hotel for keeping it as clean as it is and the breakfast area staff for keeping everything stocked. It's location to downtown Hershey, the park and the outlets was great. While you needed to drive, you got to all these locations in less than five minutes. Thanks to all (management, staff and other) for making this hotel a great destination in Hershey.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful comment! Everyone here at the Fairfield strives to make each guests experience enjoyable. We have a great team from the agents who check you in to the housekeeping and maintenance staff that help keep everything well maintained and cleaned to perfection. We hope if you are ever back in Hershey that you choose to stay with us again as we would love to have you!

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Short Version: This is an AH-MAZING hotel! It is brand new and spotlessly clean. The lobby is huge and is beautiful and so nicely decorated. The hallways and rooms are bright and cheery and very pleasant to be in. There’s a wonderful staff – everyone from front desk check-in, to breakfast area lady. The rooms are big with comfy beds and great pillows and fresh linens. There is a big, free breakfast (better than most FF Inns). Free GOOD wi-fi. Free Parking. Frig, microwave and coffee pot (with supplies) are in the room. It is less than a mile (walking distance) to the Hershey complex. ALL GOOD!

Long Version: Beautiful newer-styled FF Inn. The lobby is huge and nicely decorated, and the check-in girl was so nice. The hallways are bright and clean. My room was big, with a separate closet, and I loved the bathroom. I love the cloth shower curtains. The beds were the BEST – cushy pillow-top mattress that was wonderful. Great pillows (second time I have had these wonderful pillows).

There is a beautiful indoor pool, but I never use it. There’s also, a gym (which I REALLY never use). Free GOOD wifi, free parking. The place is on the pricey side, but that’s because of the proximity to Hershey Land. The Hershey Compound is within walking distance of this hotel. I walked there and I would say it is less than a mile through a very nice little neighborhood along a main street. There are a couple stores and a gas station near the hotel, but the area seemed more residential. Most of the shops and restaurants are in the Hershey World complex. Directions: If you are coming here, beware. After you past the Hershey Complex on your right, you go down less than a mile. There’s an Exxon station and a Staples. You turn left there, before the Staples. The hotel is a block off the main street and you will pass it 100 times before realizing it. If you hit the Staples on your left, you are there – it’s right behind it.

There is a free, big breakfast in the morning; the area is very spacious (lots of tables), well-stocked and very clean. There were lots of good eats like scrambled eggs, meats, variety of cereals, muffins, breads, juices, make-your-own fresh waffles, etc. The lady stocking the breakfast area was fantastic. Now, that all being said, the breakfast area is where my stay took a wicked turn; a very wicked turn. There were at least 50-million children and their oblivious parents in the breakfast area. Despite it being a huge area with plenty of seating, there was NO place to sit. The kids (some barefooted and still in their PJs) were like animals that had been let out of cages; none were being supervised. They were spilling stuff and just leaving it on the floor – screaming, running, and sticking their hands in the food cabinets. It was mayhem and I couldn’t believe my eyes. THEN, it occurred to me – duh! – I am within a mile of a Disney-type theme park (Hershey World). OF COURSE there are children staying here (I live in Florida and avoid Disney-area hotels like the plague!) I felt SO sorry for the woman who had to clean up after these banshees (whatever they pay her is NOT enough!). Parents even let their kids sit at the business center computers and play with the expensive computers (hotel managers – perhaps a sign is in order: “No one under 18 allowed to use computers.”) There is no good reason for a child to use a computer in the business center of a hotel – can’t they use their own fancy iPhones to look up stuff (every entitled kid has one these days)? Both kids using the computers were about 8 years old and were NOT being supervised by a parent. I waited for an hour to print directions, and never could get on a computer. None of this is the fault of this hotel, but, you may want to beware if you are coming here. I was only here 1 night (10/18/2013) and I don’t know if this is the norm. If it IS the norm, I would imagine the fantastic hotel employees would quit after 2 days! The kid across the hall from me got up at 7am and started screaming and slamming the door and running up the hall right away. By 11am, he was still doing it (they should consider limiting his sugar intake). I know children don’t behave like this in their own homes, so I don’t know why parents allow it in public. I am NOT a child-hater; quite the contrary. I am a hater of adults who allow their spawns to affect the enjoyment of others. For adults to allow a child to mess up a place that doesn’t belong to them is unconscionable. I watched a child spill some milk on the floor and the parent just step right over the spilled milk. Someone has to clean up the mess they make, and why not take that opportunity to teach your child to do that for him/herself, rather than making someone else clean up after him/her? There really should be some type of kennel out in the back of the hotel to put the kids in – just like they do dogs – and dogs are BETTER BEHAVED!!!

I won’t let the screaming children, or oblivious adults, alter my 5-star review this hotel, because it truly is a fantastic place to stay! If you are a parent with a horrible child, by all means, stay here.

I’ll be back, if for nothing else, than to make a commercial for Planned Parenthood!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your great response! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. You have touched on all our amenities even if never used and highlighted them perfectly. Thank you for also adding pictures, we love when our guests have a great experience here. We hope if you are back in the area that you choose to stay with us again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We are a family of four travelling to Hersheypark and Chocolate World. The hotel and room is nice, spacious and clean. The staff were friendly and a lady helped us made waffles for breakfast after we under cooked ours. The breakfast has a good spread. It has a nice self-serve laundry. The security of the hotel is good as entry to side doors is thru room card.

• Stayed October 2013
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your great comment! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and your accommodations. We hope that if you are every back in the Hershey area that you will stay with us again as we would love to have you back!