“OK But Not Great. NOT a True "Suite."”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Massachusetts
“OK But Not Great. NOT a True "Suite."”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

When I book a hotel suite, I believe it should actually meet the definition of "suite"; that is, unless it was identified as a "studio suite," it should be more than one room with the rooms separated by a door. Fairfield's best and largest suite did not meet this definition. Our "executive suite" at the Fairfield Inn was just one room with bedroom furniture at one end and living room/desk furniture at the other. (There were tiny little bump-outs on the walls to define the areas, but they by no means separated them.) For me, this meant that my 7-year old's pull-out bed was in the same room as our bed, and I was subjected to her repeated complaints about her dad's snoring throughout the night. Not what I'd hoped for (or what I expected from a Marriott product).

Otherwise, the hotel was OK. The room was clean. The pool was clean but tiny. A very short and easy drive to Hershey Park but no shuttle from the hotel. When we arrived, we had only hand soap and conditioner for complimentary toiletries; throughout our 5-night stay, our housekeeper always failed to replace something (sometimes shampoo, sometimes toilet paper and sometimes coffee accessories).

Overall, it was fine, but we had hoped for better.

3 Thank g00dtrips
molly_troutman, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue.

You indicated in your response that the room size and staff were unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in our customer service and I can assure you we expect nothing but perfection from our team. I will look into our room descriptions with all reservation systems and ensure that this will be corrected.

You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We had an awesome stay here for nights with 8 members of my family aging from 7-49. Took my family their for my nieces graduation and we all had a blast. Rooms were very clean, pool was small but it was salt water and fine. Breakfast amenties ranged from make your own waffles to the continental standard and more. Their is ample setting and the staff was wonderful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Room 302 and 304 was very comfy and spacious.
2 Thank anny b
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I recently stayed at the Fairfield. We were 5 and the rooms were great. The staff, the pool and gym exceeded my expectation for a small rural hotel. The location to Hershey park and Chocolate World was optimal.The only negatives were the nightly rate, I thought was high, and the noise heard through the walls and roof. Seems the "walls are too thin". You can hear kids walking above you, and the folks outside.

1 Thank Luis R
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn with our two young children for one night. It was probably the quickest check-in I have every experienced. The pool was small and relatively cool but my kids didn't care and still had a blast. Older children might find it boring though. The rooms were clean and comfortable and it was very quiet. We ate at the complimentary breakfast and were very impressed. There was something for everyone. Fruit, cereal, eggs, biscuits, waffles, etc. Lots of different juices, milk and coffee. Checkout was also a breeze. My kids loved it and we would definitely stay here again.

3 Thank piashi
Connecticut
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My family just spent a long weekend at Hershey and stayed here. Very spacious and clean rooms and the service is very good. The staff is friendly and professional. The breakfast is very good with lots of options. The dining area is spacious. I would definitely stay here again.

2 Thank CTMomof3
PIttsburgh
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and 2 kids stayed at this hotel as we were going to Hershey Park. First my kids wanted a pool and I have to say, this pool was ridiculously small. I don't even know why they built a brand new hotel with a bathtub size in it? You can't fit more than 5-6 people in this pool. It just boggles my mind why a new hotel did this? Overall the hotel was very nice and clean and the room was a nice size and very modern. The breakfast was very good and the eating area was very spacious, clean, and modern. My only complaint is the pool and the location is about 10-15 minutes to Hershey park.

2 Thank Jiucer
molly_troutman, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for your response we appreciate all the comments we receive from our valued guests. Our goal is to give the best customer service possible so we appreciate all feedback. We try to accommodate all of our guests and apologize for the size of our pool. We are glad to hear that we were able to provide you with a clean, spacious and modern room as well as a good breakfast to start your morning.

We hope you visit with us in the future!
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Staff was friendly, the two girls that worked during the day and night were helpful for places to eat and suggested other places to visit in hershey. breakfast was great, many options. Close to the park. Rooms were modern and clean. The rate was reasonable and worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!