We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Great Meal/Great Drinks/Great Service....awesome outdoor seating”
Review of The Forebay

The Forebay
Reserve with OpenTable
The Forebay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 88 Restaurants in Hershey
Certificate of Excellence
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: American
More restaurant details
Restaurant details
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: University Drive
Description: Creative comfort food, including premium steaks, seafood, and pastas, served in a cozy loft setting.
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Last night on vacation, a little bit of a splurge but well worth it!!

The waiter was awesome and helped with trying to decide what to have to dinner. The choice? Crab Cake with Succotash, fingerling potatoes and bacon jam. It was delicious!! The crab cake was 99% lump crab the other 1% was seasonings a little mayo to hold its form. The bacon jam went excellent with it and the potatoes. You are also served pretzel sticks with a savory mustard.
For dessert, we decided on Martini's, again the waiter was very enthusiastic about the Hershey's Dark Chocolate Martini. He again steered us with an excellent choice!!

This was my second time eating here. I enjoyed eating outside the best. It was a beautiful sunny day.

Definitely will return here

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank cj-poohfan
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Write a ReviewReviews (164)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language

94 - 98 of 164 reviews

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Best meal by far of our short family vacation at Hershey, Pa. Chef Ryan made a wonderful fish special that was so fabulous, it took my taste buds on an adventure. My wife ordered the filet and that was seasoned well and was so tender!!!! Also, meal drinks and desert for around a hundred!!!! A visit well deserved!!! Enjoy!

Thank Covertslater
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We ate here with our 2 1/2 year old grandson. The waitress was the best! The food was very good along with the friendly service. It is very convenient being located on the 2nd floor. A little pricey but worth it!

    • Value
    • Atmosphere
    • Service
    • Food
Thank guardrail
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Fabulous meal with great pacing. We didn't feel rushed, but our 2 year old could easily make it through the meal. The pretzel bread to start the meal was an unexpected treat. We can recommend the mushroom soup, wedge salad ( beautiful presentation that made it much easier to enjoy), and the filet.
The bartender at the Forebay had the skills from another era when cocktails were a highlight of the meal. Amazing dark chocolate martini and a truely old-fashioned old-fashion.

Thank TooExcited2Sleep
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Great atmosphere! Great food for the kids! Great burgers for us...and a selection of other foods as well! We enjoy this restaurant every time we come to Hershey!

Thank emsrhope
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC

Been to The Forebay? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Owners: What's your side of the story?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing