“Room did not have an airconditioner in the room in July!!”
Review of Union Canal House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Union Canal House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hershey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 July 2011

All other rooms had a window unit airconditioner. We were under the impression that our room would be airconditioned too-We did not realize that this room had no central air or a window unit when we placed our bags in the room to rush off to the park. When we got back there was no one around to complain to. The bar patrons were noisy and loud in the parking lot. Needless to say with the unbearable heat and noise in the parking lot till 2:00 am-my family had a horrible night. Oh and did I mention that we were bumped out of a bigger room because the owner decided he needed that room for himself. I guess he took the window A/C unit all for himself too. I gave the hotel the opportunity to reimburse me-but no reply back. So I have resorted to leaving negative comments. Also, the inn is dingy, smells like an ashtray, wallpaper is peeling off, rugs are disgusting-Bottom line- this place is horrible.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank edempsey12

Reviewed 5 April 2011

If you want a place to stay, this is the place to do it. They have a resteraunt under neath the rooms and the food alone is to die for. Service was fantastic. The owner was there to welcome us when we got there. He showed us to our room and showed us "The Loft" which is a beautiful room to stay in. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. This would be a perfect place to stay for a honeymoon or even just a weekeend away for you and your partner. My husband and I are going back to stay because he feel that this is well worth the money. We also love the area which was queit and calm. I personally dont think that another hotel would win us over in that area like this room did.

Room Tip: If you want spacious and comfort ask for the loft.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ksawyer71
Reviewed 7 October 2009

The room we stayed in was in need of some major updating. There was no chair in the room, an old tv set with no remote, a small shower stall, no cup in the bathroom, the mattress had no back support and a loose head board. The wallpaper was peeling, the room was musty, and this made our allergies kick in and when we tried to find a box of tissues there were none. And we were charged for two nights and only stayed one.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LeftyandRighty
Reviewed 10 October 2008

We thought that this would be a great, smaller place to stay. The only thing this place had going for it was the location (close to the arena and park). We called ahead to let them know our arrival time and they said it was good. When we arrived (on time) no one was able to help us check in. No one knew where keys were or that we were coming.
When I originally called to get room rates I had to keep calling at different times to try and find someone who could give them to me. And I received two different prices for the same room!! This should have been my clue that they don't have it together. I finally received an e-mailed spreadsheet with prices and gave them a credit card deposit for half of the stay. When we got there they charged us for the ENTIRE stay because they didn't know where the records of the deposits were. They said that we would get credited the deposit in a few weeks (which never happened).
The room smelled funny, bathroom wasn't clean, and small refridgerator did not keep our things cold. We could hear everything happening in the rooms next to ours and never felt comfortable.
We will be going back to Hershey and never back to this place. We will find another small business owner to give our money to.
Whatever you do, please don't stay here!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank topherbw