“Horrible!”

Quality Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The customer service here is HORRIBLE! The desk employees (including the manager) were dismissive, indifferent and rude. They made NO attempt at service recovery when I brought this to their attention. Avoid this location unless you enjoy being treated as subhuman.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank LsLRN

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Our room was okay. The bathroom was small to my liking. When explored the hotel and went to the pool it smelled too strong of chlorine and the basement smelt very musty. When we had breakfast there the first morning I tried to drink the milk and it was spoiled. I informed them and they took it away, it could happen to anyone but you would think if there is any kind of turnover the milk would last long enough to spoil. The next morning same thing happened, spoiled milk. The hotel is close to Hershey and a very good location to tour the area. Also don't leave any souvenirs out because they could get thrown away like ours did while they cleaned the room!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Nothing really good or bad to say about the hotel - just average. It was priced better than most of the other hotels in the area which was why we chose it - we spent our time at Hershey and basically just slept and had breakfast there. Staff was not overly friendly, but willing to help if needed. The only problem we had was that we originally were planning to stay one night and then decided to extend our stay for an extra night. They charged us $40.00 more for the second night (which was a Monday...not a weekend) and said there was nothing they could do about the price increase. I think if we had booked two nights when we first got there, we would have gotten the cheaper rate. I am guessing that the other hotels in the area were full - so they bumped up the price.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have stayed at other Quality Inns and have been very happy. This hotel is at a great location, the ice cream store across the street is great. After a long hot day at Hershey Park was looking forward to nice hot shower. I was not able to do this as I started the shower and there was not enough water pressure for water to come out of the shower. Very disappointed that I could not even take a shower. This hotel also advertises free WIFI- we were not able to get WIFI unless we were down by the front desk, and we complained about it many times. They offer a free breakfast, but waffles stuck to the pan and were not very edible. When I called to discuss these things with the hotel manager, he was very rude and would not take responsibility.

4  Thank Jennifer K
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This hotel is extremely overpriced, and just down right nasty. I came home with bed bug bites, which after reflecting back on the dingy bed, surfaces, and outdated everything, it truly is no surprise. Do not stay here. I would rather camp in a tent than come back to this place.

2  Thank JDubbs9911
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This hotel is an absolute joke!!!! I get there to check into my room, about an hour before the concert I was getting ready to go to at Hershey, when I found out they charge over $700 on my card for two rooms when I only ordered one!!!! They did not refund it and said there is nothing they can do!!! The manager is about as rude and inconsiderate as he could possibly be!!!' He couldn't care less tht he screwed me he just wanted his money!!! He wouldn't help at all!! The hotel is smelly, dirty, and not well kept at all. When we finally did get to our room, after being nailed in the face with the nasty smell that lurked throughout the room, we spotted two silverfish bugs directly over the beds. This place is disgusting, but the thing that is the worst is the manager!!! Shame on him!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Mlol
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Just returned from family trip 7/4-7/6. Almost cancelled this hotel based on reviews, glad we didn't. Location is great, hotel is very clean, and the beds were comfortable. This is a typical Quality Inn, with a great location. The continental breakfast is similar to other Quality Inns, just missing the yogurt. However, they did have a waffle maker that I have not seen at other Quality Inns. This hotel is great for families, the location and cleanliness were above what I expected. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Room on third floor very quiet.