“Filthy, especially for the money we paid to stay”

Quality Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 19 July 2014

From the moment I walked into the elevator I knew this place was a dump! Our room was filthy. There was some sort of white stuff splattered up the wall and across the picture above the bed. The phone was disgusting, dirty brown. There was hair in the shower and the light in the bathroom would go out and on every few minutes..real fun while taking a shower. The lamp on the wall had tears in the shade. The pull out sofa, was held together with twine because the springs were all ripped off and the sheets and blanket on the pull out looked like they weren't changed from the last person that slept there. Carpets were dirty and stained. The refrigerator wasn't plugged in and smelled when we opened it. When I tried to call the front desk, I pushed zero like it said to do but got a message saying that that mailbox was full, whats up with that? When I finally got through and asked the guy who answered to bring me clean sheets, he apologized and brought them up about 10 minutes later. My husband went looking for the ice maker and went to the front desk to ask where it was, he rang the bell but nobody ever came. My husband found the ice machine in the basement, which I thought weird. He also said the pool was down there and it smelled like a stinky musty basement. While we were getting dressed the next morning to get out of there, I heard someone opening our door, as I walked over to the door the guy started to walk in(it was the same guy that was at the front desk the night before and the one who also brought me the clean sheets). I said can I help you? when he saw me he said oh, I sorry, it says here that you checked out. (he was holding a little clipboard) I sorry, I sorry he said. When we went to the front desk to finally check out, I told the young guy that was there that we were checking out and he said, oh, it says here you already checked out.. I told him well we are standing here so I guess that's wrong. I also told him that it was the worst hotel that we ever stayed in and when he asked us what was wrong I told him and all I got back was a "sorry" I would NEVER stay in this hotel again. Next time I'm going back to the springhill suites next door.

Room Tip: don't stay here!
3  Thank Danielle A

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Checked in and our first room smelled like pickled butt. There was trash on the floor, one TP roll was empty, one had half a roll on it, the shower still had a used bar of soap in the soap dish. Huh? The front desk clerk tried to accommodate, but he was flying solo getting our second room ready. All the while trying to explain the new housekeeping staff didn't know how to clean rooms. Got to the second room and it smelled like burnt pound cake. Come to find out the front desk clerk sprayed a Cinnabon air freshener in the room. Where they do that at? To top it off, our second room was on the 2nd floor. Getting off of the elevator, we were greeted by an abandoned housekeeping cart. As if they got tired and just left it. The photos of the pool and "fitness center" are deceptive. DO NOT PUT WATER IN ANY IRON IN RHIS HOTEL. They all leak. We were told "just don't put water in the iron." So much for steam. And I like steam. :-( this is only day 1 of 2 so I may have another review coming. Stay tuned!!!

Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Phill C
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is very run down and outdated. Cracks in doors, walls, and bathroom fixtures in the rooms. My family and I purchased two adjoining rooms for two nights at $200 per night. However, for a hotel of this "quality", I wouldn't expect to pay more than $69.99. The doors adjoining the rooms wouldn't even shut. The pool is in the basement down a concrete hallway that smells of mold. Embarrassing. For your used pool towels, they have a broken, jagged plastic trash bin written on with sharpie that says "towels." The dining room is tiny with an assortment of tables and chairs that don't even match. Just extremely poor quality. Rust stains on the shower head, cobwebs on the ceiling, outdated decor, and the list goes on. I can't comment on the service as I had no interaction with the staff other than check-in and check-out. Not particularly friendly or rude, just so-so. If the other hotels in the area aren't booked, stay at another hotel.

3  Thank ErinRad
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hotel is old, dirty, reaked of cleaning solutions. Trash was found in the room, so we left. Front desk was only offering another room to stay in, no offer of break in price, reduction in payment due, etc. Paid >300 for a room i didn't stay in, and glad I didn't

4  Thank davidgraber
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Although the room/hotel is nothing to look at, it had everything I was looking for:
Location - make a right out of the hotel and 1.5 miles down the road you're at Hershey Park!
Pool - an indoor pool - was perfect for the kids to use before we got into the park for Preview Nite.
Food - breakfast was restocked and clean - cold or hot cereal, hot eggs/sausage, make your own waffles, fruits, danishes/muffins, danishes, etc. Nice and easy for the morning before getting to the park.
The rooms were nothing special, but clean, and the beds were comfy! There was a microwave and fridge too, bathroom small. The price was right and was perfect for our family who cared about Hershey park, not our hotel. Great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The breakfast was delicious, especially the coffee. Very close to the park. The staff was very professional. Rooms were clean and comfortable at a great price. If you want to eat out very close to restaurants and fast food. The ice cream shop is right across the street. The pool was great to relax and keep the kids busy.

Room Tip: We had 3 adults and 2 children. 2 queen beds and one sofa bed plenty of room.
1  Thank Misael R
Reviewed 6 July 2014

carpets are dirty, place is old and outdated, receiving/registration area is too crowded, no privacy when checking in. breakfast food choice is very limited. if you are not choosy and just want to stay near the park, then this is for you, otherwise, go to the hampton or the springhill suite nearby.

4  Thank oasng_me