“Friendly Staff”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I made reservation thru a third party online and they charged my credit card, but no reservations where found on the hotel's system. They accommodated us right away and provided us with a room. After I returned home, I noticed was my credit card was doubled charged, but when I requested them to look into it, they handled right away, resolved issue and I was reimbursed. It was my first time in Hershey, PA and Best Western Hershey was the perfect spot to stay with my family vacation! Looking forward in going back!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey

Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

Checked in late August and had to wait 40 minutes for the room to be ready. As far as rooms go, we got less than what we paid for. The mattress and bedding leaves a lot to be desired. In fact the thin sheets keep coming off because the elastics were shot. Corners weren't vacuumed properly and overall barely cleaned. The hallways were overly sprayed in what seems like an attempted to coverup something gone south. Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Alan O, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thank you TravellingTrio720 for your review of your stay at the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am so sorry that your stay with us was not satisfactory. I understand how frustrating it can be to arrive and check in but to find that your room is not yet ready. I also wanted to let you know that we are aware of the linen issue that you mentioned and are working on swaping the older linen for newer items but this does take time. Also you mention about the smell of the comments. This is a standard procedure that we do at the end of the day when we vacuum the carpets to allow the hallways to smell fresh and clean for our newly arriving and current guests. I am so sorry if the item that we spray was unpleasant to you. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at 717-533-5665 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We checked out few hours after checking-in......I can't list all of the reasons. Waste of time. Went to Holiday In Express instead and it was much better. The pool was filthy, no towels in pool, rooms was dirty, No clean towels left in hotel, cobwebs in bathroom, lights didn't work, tv remote didn't work....on and on...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Karen B for your review of your stay at the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your experience with us. I am unsure of some of the items that you mentioned. I can promise that we had a staff member on that cleaned the pool as well as stocking the pool towels that were located in the grey bin by the hot tub. I also made sure to have the staff looking into the cleanliness and maintanence concerns that you had. I do not want any future guests to have the same experience. If I can help you out in the future please contact me at 717-533-5665 or aoliver@milestonehotels.com.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Smell of mildew is pervasive throughout lobby and rooms, rate is extremely expensive for quality of rooms and amenities. breakfast is merely sufficient and mostly cold items like cereal and yogurt. Air conditioner was not working properly and was never fixed throughout our stay. When we moved a love seat to more comfortably watch tv, we found food! It was never cleaned up throughout our stay. We ate breakfast in our room and the garbage was never taken out, nor was the room cleaned. To top it off, there was no hot water the morning of our checkout. Although it was fixed about an hour after I reported it, I had already taken a cold shower and needed to leave the hotel. Stay in one of the several other hotels nearby - probably lower rates and definitely a better experience!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you Keri P for your review of your stay at the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. I wanted to let you know that they cleanliness and maintanence issue that you mentioned has been brought up to the staff. I am also sorry that you felt that our rates were steep. I can tell you that we are competively priced in our market. I am also sorry about your cold shower and like you mentioned our system is working correctly again. If I can help you with anything in the future please contact me at 717-533-5665 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Room dirty, hair on the bathroom floor. Arrived on Sunday evening and got up to no hot water. Came back from the park and our room still hadn't been serviced. Breakfast was a zoo. I used to stay here a few years back and I know things change but when you walk in and have a sticky table and hair on the bathroom floor in all corners that is unacceptable.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I didn't see anything the bad reviewers wrote, it was the opposite. Our room was nice and updated, the staff was friendly and we even chose to stay an extra night. The breakfast wasn't emptied out and the staff was right there making extra food, it's free for crying out loud. Very close to Hershey Park and plenty of fast food and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Nothing special about the hotel. Location is good if you want to visit Hershey and all of the attractions.
The rooms are average.
The breakfast was poor with not many choices no hot food (no eggs, sausage ect.)
The pool looked ok from the outside
staff is friendly
Too expensive for what you get

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family