“No frills”

Ranked #16 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Nazareth, PA
“No frills”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

My mom had an appt. at Hershey Medical Center early in the morning, so we spent the night here on Dec. 29th. It was a ghost town. The service was acceptable, but the hotel itself was sort of run-down. It could definitely use some major updating. Despite this, I'm assuming they do good business during the busy summer tourist season. People probably just want a place to come back and sleep at after a long day at Hershey Park. There was free continental breakfast (English muffins, yogurt, cereal, juice, etc.), so that was nice since I don't eat a big breakfast anyways. If you stay here, don't expect too much. Oh, and bring your own pillows and earplugs. The pillows in your room are lumpy and uncomfortable, and the highway noise will keep light sleepers awake most of the night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
LI, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here two nights after Thanksgiving. Can't believe how dirty this place is and while were out (almost 10hrs) they did not even clean the rooms. When I went for more towels and to tell them that our rooms were not cleaned they didn't seem surprised. Beds were so small full beds not even queen size. The curtains were torn and filthy! Air was filtering through them to the room which seemed so unsanitary. If they had a decent housekeeping staff even if it is dated you can still keep it clean. I will never stay here again or any of my family members. How they have an award from AAA I don't know.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alan O, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear KPNYtraveler

Thank you very much for your review from your stay with us. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We strive everyday to make sure that all of our guests receive an experience that is exceptional in both service and cleanliness. We failed you and for this I am sorry. This has been address with our housekeeping staff to make sure that this situtation will not occur again. I do hope that you give us another chance to be able to provide you will the service that you deserve. If there is anything else that I can help you with please contact me at 717-533-5665 or aoliver@milestonehotels.com

Alan Oliver

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Lebanon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is an excellent place to stay in any season. I stay in this hotel for three nights and the service was excellent. This hotel has an excellent customer service, specially this employee (Brandi Bangert).

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends

Williamsport, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

We had stayed the night before my husbands surgery and follow up appointments. Great rates for medical patients and very helpful. We have stayed three times total. Our dog was very comfortable and the staff made her feel welcome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

This property is an old, dated motel. The room was small with 2 full size beds. Pillows are lumpy, sheets were scratchy, bedding had thin old blankets and mattresses were uncomfortable. Bathroom is tiny with only shower and toilet in it. Everything is old and dated. Light switch was original. Walls and floors were dirty. The only thing new is the furniture but had finger prints all over it. The location to Hersheypark was only minutes away which is the best thing going for this property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Alan O, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay with us. I am so sorry that you did not find the current condition of the property to your satisfaction. I understand that we are not the most updated but our staff works hard to proved a clean and comfortable product for our guests. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at 717-533-5665 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

Stayed here and since it was a free stay I had no choice. Friend arranged the hotel and obviously doesn't use tripadvisor. The only thing I like was the location since it was close to the highway. Its run down and outdated. Expensive for what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013
Alan O, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you Marie_645 very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Best Western Inn Hershey. I was happy to hear that you found our location to be beneficial during your trip. I am sorry that you did not find our current condition as satisfactory. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at 717-533-5665 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Had I listened to the other reviews, I wouldn't have stayed here. But, no, I ignored them because I thought I'd use by Best Western points for a free room (turned out to be 30,000 pts and I didn't have enough). Anyway, I went for an overnight trip and stayed here. Very raunchy smell in both the hallway and the room. The hallway was almost a pet urine type of smell. The room was more of a musty smell. The room and bathroom was an okay size, but the sink area was tiny. The sink outlet only worked when the light above the sink was on. Therefore to charge my phone, I had to leave the light on all night while I tried to sleep. The breakfast had nothing except hard boiled eggs, bread, cereal, fruit and coffee when we got there at 8:15. No eggs offered at this BW, but there was an empty waffle warmer tray. The desk clerk happily made waffles for me. Staff was friendly, but the place was definitely outdated and smelly. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013
Alan O, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you Smitters67 very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Best Western Inn Hershey. I do apologize for the experience that you received while you were our guest. I am so sorry that you found the condition of the property to be unsatisfactory. I do understand that we are not the most updated property but I can assure you that our staff works hard to provide our guests with clean product. I do want to thank you for the nice comment you made about the staff. They are an important asset to us and love to serve our guests. If I can help you with anything in the future please do not hesitate to contact me at 717-533-5665 or at aoliver@milestonehotels.com