“Best Western Hershey”

The Milton Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
“Best Western Hershey”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very nice staff at the Front Desk. Continental Breakfast had many choices. Waffles were cooked right there. It was only about a mile from Hershey Park. It was a good price. Hotels closer to park were more money. Pool was very nice, Hot Tub as well.Only negative would be "No Elevator". But that was really not a problem. We had children with us and asked for a room on the lst floor. They changed the room very quickly.

Brandi B, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear eleanora690, that you for your review. On behalf of the staff and I we are very pleased that we could fulfill your vacation needs. We are very happy to see that you and your family enjoyed our pool and breakfast. We hope to see you back in the future! Thank you for staying with us here at The Best Western Inn Hershey!
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Unfortunately our room was filthy and the shower knobs were broken. House keeping never came to clean the room! I felt terrible when we walked in and my daughter said, 'I didn't know rooms like this existed!" DO not waste your money!!!

3 Thank N679YGmarys

Travellers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Hershey, PA, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The good: the pool, the breakfast, the staff The bad: the room was horrible - it smelled - stains on the carpet - fixtures barely in the wall. Bedding was old - overall just a freaky room. (not sure how else to say it)

3 Thank Andrew S
Hershey, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Good stay; totally last minute booking and great AAA price! Rooms were quite dated, but TV's and beds were updated and zero entry pool with mushroom waterfall feature was welcome with small children. Noisy adjoining room until rather late. Breakfast was nothing earth shattering but certainly adequate for our family. Staff was warm, welcoming and very helpful. Centrally located to Harrisburg Mall, local restaurants and 5 min to Hersheypark. Overall good albeit brief stay!

Brandi B, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Lynn D,
I wanted to thank you for your review. It means a lot to the staff and i here at the hotel that you were satisfied with your stay with us! We hope that you come back to stay with us in the future.
Thank you for staying with us at the Best Western inn Hershey, we hope that you and your family have a good summer!
Auburn, United States
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have never felt the need to write a review for a hotel before this experience at Best Western in Hershey, PA. As I looked for a hotel for my family with children, we wanted a place with a pool and close to Hershey Park. Best Western certainly had that. However, upon arrival I quickly realized how dirty the hotel was. I had read reviews from others, but figured I would try it for myself. I mean, how bad could it be? The lobby, the room, the pool area were filthy. I could handle outdated, but this was not only outdated, but very dusty and dirty -- hallway doors, walls, room. Big stain on the mattress I had to sleep on. There is also no elevator! People have to climb up two flights of stairs or down two flights of stairs to go to their room. The breakfast was not ready when they opened. The breakfast room had no air conditioning and was very small. The pool area is dirty. The lining of the pool, the pool furniture. Windows are broken. It is worth staying at another hotel, trust me! Don't do it!

4 Thank Lisa K
Alan O, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you Lisa K for your recent review of your stay with us. I am so sorry to hear that you did not have a satisfying experience during your. I promise that we will review the information that you provided to us to make correction to our property for the future. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the lack of elevator in the hotel. I understand it is not normal but we are an older property that an elevator was not required when we were built. I also understand how hot the breakfast room can get when it is busy. There is A/C located in the room but unfortunately it can be hard to cool down on a busy day. If you have any additional comments or questions please let know at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.
Dayton, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had tickets to Bruno Mars at Hershey Park Stadium. We stayed 2 nights. The staff was extremely helpful, especially a employee named Danny. He showed us the rooms and let us decide which room we wanted. Danny also was extremely helpful with directions and local nearby restaurants that were not a chain franchise. I would recommend this hotel. It was approximately 5 minutes from HersheyPark attractions. The down side was the free continental breakfast, very limited and breakfest room was crowded. Overall stay was very nice. We were on the third floor, ajoining rooms on bottom floor were not as nice. The beds were very comfortable and the pool was great!

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer rooms
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Brandi B, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Good Afternoon Lisa J,
Thank you so much for your review! The staff and I here at the Best Western Inn Hershey are happy to here that we could meet your expectations to give you and your family a good vacation. We hope to have you back in the future! Although we do apologize about the breakfast issues.
We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I will say the staff was EXTREMELY polite and very concerned with our stay. We stayed here 1 night to go to the Bruno Mars concert. The room was okay - a little aged (especially the bathroom). The beds were actually very comfortable.

I will say the floors need to be cleaned. I walked around without any shoes and my the bottom of my feet got dirty.

We stayed in room 221, which was nice b/c it was right outside the pool - we could watch the kids in the pool and open the window to talk to them. The pool was okay - not as big as the picture makes it looks, but the kids had fun.

The free breakfast was ok - waffles, yogurt, muffins, etc.

Would I stay here again - if the price was right and it was only a night or 2 - sure. If I was going longer then that then probably not.

Room Tip: 221 (or the odd # hotels close to 221) has a pool view which is nice if you have kids that will be u...
2 Thank chochrei
Alan O, Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Thank you chochrei for your recent review of your stay with us. As I am happy to hear that you did have some good experiences with us during your stay. I was not happy with your experience with the flooring in your guestroom. We will pass this information along to housekeeping to try and rectify the situation and see what needs to be done in the rest of our guestrooms as well. If you have any additional comments or question please feel free to reach out to me at aoliver@milestonehotels.com.