“Our Best Western Experience”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We're seniors so we look for bargains. This hotel fit the bill . Our room was comfortably large with a sink outside the bathroom which we like. The air condition worked full force, we like it cool. The coffee was set up off the lobby and was the best. The continental breakfast had everything but meat, even had hard boiled eggs and fresh off the grill waffles .along with fresh fruit and yogurt. juice etc. The pool was clean and private . Everyone very helpful. We'd stay there again if we visit Hershey next year. My daughter stays at the camp site, she has no idea what she missed. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Greg K, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear 893CharlesD,

I want to apologize for recent stay at the Best Western Hershey. As you noted, there are some opportunities we have in front of us to make the hotel a better one. At the moment , we are relentlessly trying to improve every facet of the guest experience and are committed to doing so.

If you get the chance, please contact me at 717-991-0479 so we can discuss your stay and again, my sincerest apologies.

General manager

Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from Hershey, PA. We stayed here three nights, largely because it was the best value when booking. It is obvious this is an older establishment and in need of some upgrades. But, we didn't spend much time in our rooms and the beds were comfortable. Bathrooms were a little small, but served the purpose. The hotel was full and we learned to go to breakfast early, before the families showed up, or take a plate back to the room. Our only complaint was the AC. It was so cold even when turned down that we turned the heat on. But, we travel a lot and I have stayed in some "luxury" hotels with horrible service and fewer amenities.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Deborah W,

I first want to thank you for your feedback and also, apologize to you for your experience ( I know there were certain parts of the hotel you did not like). Thank you for staying with us and we will be looking to make changes ongoing, whenever we have the opportunity.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Do not stay here even with a discount. Should not be AAA approved. The positive: nice pool the aslthough cold and deck in need of cleaning. Chairs broken. Umbrellas broken signage in disrepair Indoor corridor carpeting worn and smelly. Exterior doors in need of new locks and look dingy. It appears that no one is cleaning curtains. Ours fisgusting and stained. Our toom wss clean otherwise. Only upside pool and hot tub and close yo Hershey. Now rrplacing out tv because not working.

1  Thank patc11

Dear patc11,

I would like to apologize for your unfortunate stay with us. It seems as though it was a very bad experience and I would like to discuss this with you offline. When you get a chance please call me at 717-991-0479 so we can male this right.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We just returned from a trip to Hershey park and stayed here for one night after staying in Lancaster for a night. I would never go back, even for free. The hotel is run down and immediately upon entering had a horrible odor. The room was extremely small for a family of 4 with 2 double beds and a tiny bathroom. The bathroom was disgusting with brown stuff towards the ceiling. The walls are paper thin. We could hear our neighbors talking in their normal voices and the hallways were very loud.

The kids were dying to try the pool which again was totally disgusting. My husband works for a pool company and didn't even want the kids to get in. The smell of the pool was foul and it was so dirty when you first walk in.

If you are looking for a place to stay with a family, choose another hotel. I would not send my worst enemy here.

4  Thank Kristy W
Greg K, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Kristy W,

I'm sorry you had numerous challenges during your previous visit with us. I would like to extend a sincere apology and say we are always trying to go beyond the expectation of our guests so they have a wonderful time.

Please call me at 717-533-5665 so we can discuss this. I would love to hear more about your stay so we can look at possible improvements.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms were smelly/mildew and small. They said they have wireless but no one I was with could access it. It does have a nice size pool. The staff was nice. It did provide breakfast in the morning. It was a good location to the park.

2  Thank Lori S

Dear Lori S,

Thank you for the nice words regarding our staff, pool, and breakfast! Unfortunately, because our pool is so popular in the summer, occasionally wet towels are left on the carpets in our rooms by guests ( every once in awhile this can cause a slight odor of mildew). I want to apologize for this inconvenience during your stay and let you know we are taking steps to rectify this. Thank you for your comments and if you get the chance, I would love to talk with you. My number is 717-533-5665.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were in town for the soccer tournament and this hotel was picked by our club for our teams. Hotel was very outdated. Rooms have major odor. Room decor is outdated, stained and not clean. Spider webs behind doors and in ceiling corners. Barely any hot water when showering. The fridge didnt seem to be cooling properly. The curtains had mold on them. The free wifi was nonexistent. It never worked the entire 2 nights we were there. The only positive thing about this hotel is that the outdoor pool is nice and bigger than most pools Ive seen. My kiddos enjoyed the pool several times. Overall this is more a $99 kind of room....not $180 per night! Ridiculous!

2  Thank 129kariep

Dear 129 Kariep,

Thank you for enjoying our pool during your recent stay! Also, I want to thank you for your feedback in regards to your last visit, too. We do have have some opportunities in front of us to make the hotel a better one and your observations are very helpful.

I apologize for any inconveniences you had during your previous stay and would love to speak to you about them. My number is 717-533-5665 and would love to hear from you!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

My kids and I went to Hershey Park and wanted a place to stay before dirving home. We found the pool area a fun place to be after a long day at the park. We slept great in the hotel and headed home after a good breakfast.

1  Thank Lori S

Dear Lori S,

Thank you for enjoying your stay with us! We appreciate the kind words and look forward to serving you in the future.

All the best,