“Horrible”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I can't understand how this place got good reviews.

Went here on our first night of a week long stay...recommended by our condo....we were a group of eight people....the place is nothing more than an independently owned Applebee's/ Friday's type place....
Bar food..basically

There were a ton of problems with our experience

Found a moth in my seltzer

Flies everywhere

Food came an HOUR after we ordered it...it wasn't even busy...we had to ask about our food several times

Once we got our food (appetizer came out a minute before the dinner) , two of the orders were wrong......sent one back...didn't bother with the other

It was obvious our food was sitting for awhile because several dishes came out at room temperature

There were clearly issues in the kitchen that night

I would have complained to the manager but I honestly got the impression that no one really cared...

Bottom line....The place was horrible...don't go....not worth the hassle or aggravation on vacation

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Recommended by the Condo we're staying at, asked for a reasonably priced place good for adults and a 5 yr old. Our entrees included the Deluxe burger, Reuben, Bowl of Chili and a hot dog, Mac & Cheese for the kids meal. Service and food were excellent; especially enjoyed the Fries with Bay seasoning, and the Crab Dip appetizer. Great spot for any age; nice choice of beers, desserts, tv views. Would definitely visit again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Cant say anymore than to go here and see all of it for yourself! From the pizza to the mountain meatloaf to the ice cold beer, worth the money and awesome place to go after a long day at the park.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I was in town to visit Hershey Park June 22-24 for a father-daughter mini vacation. I had planned ahead and read reviews of restaurants that were nearby the hotel I was staying at (Howard Johnson) and Dukes seemed like a decent place. Upon arriving my daughter wanted to sit outside but I insisted we dine indoors as the outdoor tables are close to the road and I figured that it may be noisy.

Our server was extremely pleasant and prompt with everything. To be honest I felt bad for her because after I spent all day at the park I was extremely thirsty and she must have brought me about 8 glasses of ice water during the course of our meal.

As soon as my eyes saw the full rack of ribs on the menu for what seemed to me to be a great price ($17.99 I seem to recall), I instantly knew I wanted them. The ribs were very good for the price and my daughter seemed to enjoy her grilled cheese sandwich.

Our second night in Hershey left me with the dilemma of where to eat next. My daughter was begging me to go back to Dukes and sit outside. I figured I would appease my whining, almost in tears daughter, and revisit Dukes. We were greeted at the hostess stand and given a table outside and that is where I discovered the joy of GLIDER TABLES! My daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of swaying back and forth while dining outdoors. This time I ordered the buffalo chicken wrap and was disappointed. It was the soggiest wrap I have ever had. It was basically sitting in a pool of water on my plate and quickly disintegrated into a mushy mess.

On a positive note, our server was excellent! The young gentleman was very attentive and when I said to him that I wanted the biggest glass of water they had because, again, I was extremely thirsty due to walking all over Hershey Park, he brought me out two mugs of ice water! He explained to me that the mugs were the biggest glasses they had and he said "I just figured I'd bring you two." I thought that this was great and extremely thoughtful.

Overall I would say that Dukes is a good casual place to grab a bite to eat with awesome glider tables and an excellent staff..... just don't order the wrap!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Food fantastic, wait service fantastic, décor fantastic what more can I say I am right to the point. Signature dish crab pretzel its a must have!