“Just OK....”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Just OK....”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Family from the area took us to Duke's for the first time. Nice waterfront seating and extensive menu...almost TOO extensive. I would rather choose from a few items that they do very well. The crab topped pretzel was suggested to me, I didn't care for it, fishy cheap crab with cheese is not a good combo for me. Most of the menu is fried items, but I was able to find a broiled salmon which was good, but it was cold and had to send it back to re-heat. Everybody else in our party was satisfied, although was mostly fried items. Suggestion, cut down the menu and add a few more healthy choices. Drinks were good and the waitress was very good and attentive.

Baltimore, Maryland
“not the Dukes of old”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Took a group of 7 to Dukes.Had told them how dukes was one of the best restaurants in Hershey.We were seated and ordered our drinks.Some ordered alcohol others did not.The non alcohol drinks came oot in timely manner the alcohol took much longer.We than ordered several appetizers and told waitress to put them in then take our order.about 5 minutes later we order our meals.After 20 minutes we had no appetizers my wife got up to find someone as our waitress had been seen.In her defense they had her working outside and inside and she was having keeping up.My wife was finally told the kitchen had lost our order about 5 minutes later our appetizers arrived just minutes before our meals.We were told we could have free dessert due to mix up.Well the meals were not as good as they used to be nor were the appetizers.When they came for us to order the desserts told did not have time.We got there 5:20 and it was 7:00 and poeple in the party were going to 8:00 concert so got them take appetizers off.It was not a good experiance.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Large Portions but Bland Food”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family went to Duke's because it was recommended by our hotel, which is right next door. We received a 10% off coupon and we always like the idea of being able to walk after having a couple of beers.

The ambiance of the place is okay. Nothing special.

Service was slow at first and it was obvious our waiter was in the weeds. He was working hard and finally greeted us and took our drink order. I ordered a beer and it was ice cold. Just how I like it!

After asking if the chicken parmesan is made there (our waiter said yes), I ordered it. Daughter had fried shrimp, husband had the burger salad (a good idea!), and son had a burger, I think. The food arrived in a decent amount of time.

The chicken parm is huge and could serve 3 people. The chicken looked like chicken tenders that they put on top of pasta with some melted cheese. It was tender but really had no taste. The sauce had chunks of peppers, tomatoes and onions but other than that, I didn't taste any herbs or spices. It was bland. The bread appeared to be sub rolls with butter, garlic and herbs.

Daughter commented that the shrimp was just okay and didn't really have any taste either. The salad with the burgers on top was a perfect option for my husband and he thought it was good, but not great. Son didn't have any complaints about his meal!

I like bar food but this did leave me wanting something more. I don't think I'd eat here again but if I did, I think I would stick to a sub, burger or pizza. Prices were average.

Clairton
“A nice place”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

So we were driving looking for a place for a light lunch as we have a huge dinner planned for later in Hershey. We thought we would give it a try. .. Light lunch ha! The portions are amazing! I orders the turkey sandwich and was excited to see real turkey breast meat! My husband had the sausage sliders and it was made perfectly and tasted great as well. Thank goodness our hotel room has a refrigerator and microwave we needed to bring half back with us for a late nite snack later.
The only reason I didn't give it the highest rating was our waiter could've been more attentive considering it was not busy.

I would visit again.

Yardley, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great place for families”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We recently had a terrific experience here on a Saturday evening. The wait staff is attentive, the food is very good and the portions are huge! (I was there with a large group and at least 5 people ordered the ribs and they raved about them. Apparently, ribs are a specialty here!) As other reviewers have pointed out, their menu is extensive and their prices are very reasonable, especially when you consider the amount of food that is served. The atmosphere is casual and family friendly. We will definitely return here the next time we are in Hershey!